BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Gallagher Returns

Just now, Ossydave said:

Whys everything undisclosed these days?

Welcome back though Sam ???

Don't show your hand if you don't have to. Man Utd for example have to let shareholders know, but do you want other clubs to know what sort of budget you have? In the extreme, if he cost £10m, clubs will then be raising the price for any other enquiry we make.

For the selling club - don't let others know how much you've just had as a windfall. If Southampton bid for a player, they don't want the other club raising the price by £5m cos they've just got that from us. Also, if the price is low, don't piss off your own fans. They wont be happy we got him for £250k....

So varied reasons why you don't disclose it if you don't need to

• Like 6

Just now, alex l said:

Don't show your hand if you don't have to. Man Utd for example have to let shareholders know, but do you want other clubs to know what sort of budget you have? In the extreme, if he cost £10m, clubs will then be raising the price for any other enquiry we make.

For the selling club - don't let others know how much you've just had as a windfall. If Southampton bid for a player, they don't want the other club raising the price by £5m cos they've just got that from us. Also, if the price is low, don't piss off your own fans. They wont be happy we got him for £250k....

So varied reasons why you don't disclose it if you don't need to

Aye true, I didn't just mean us btw I meant football in general

• Backroom

Reposting because I can

35hbzr.jpg

Decent enough player but wouldn’t have been a priority for me, likely to play from wide and not convinced he’s much better than Armstrong 

Squad has improved  for sure just not sure the first 11 has 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6

“A big thing for any player is to feel like you’re in a manager’s plans and to feel wanted. That was a big factor in me coming back here."

Mowbray’s skills of persuasion beat Brentford, Wigan and Bristol to in-demand young striker.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

Just now, Scotland1 said:

New

New Lenihan New Williams

Rothwell Dack Johnno

Arma Graham Gally

Like Balajis total football 

Well, we will either win 10-9 or lose 10-9.

Very underwhelmed, didnt particularly rate him when he was here last time and that season was by far the best hes had in his career, was dreadful at Birmingham and has spent the last year either injured or in the wilderness.

Think its incredible that we have spent 12m on 2 strikers not as good as the 33 year old we already had, and have spent a couple of hundred grand in the same time period on failing to fix our horrendous defence. Unless Gallagher is joined by a good goalkeeper and the few defenders Mowbray promised to come in, then hes a wreckless and quite frankly idiotic spend of a substantial amount of money. If they do come in then I would consider Gallagher to be much closer to pushing Graham than Brereton has. Hoping for the latter scenario.

• Like 5

Just now, Scotland1 said:

New

New Lenihan New Williams

Rothwell Dack Johnno

Arma Graham Gally

Like Balajis total football 

Have to play Nyambe. There’s not much better at his age in this league for less than a few mil.

• Like 1

Negative:

Even ignoring the holes in our squad, I think this is a poor value and unnecessary signing. £5m could have been better spent - as could £7m last season. (Although posting it as “undisclosed” will no doubt make this another regular yet dull flex-type debate).

Second, how does he fit into our first team? 60th minute replacement for Graham? Or genuine challenger to displace him? Or yet another converted wide man? This also makes the signing of Brereton make even less sense - or is an admission of error on Mowbray’s part. Is he going to be loaned out? If not, the only other way this one makes any sense is if Dack is on his way or Graham is finished.

Having an embarrassment of riches in the final third is no good if the defensive third is just an embarrassment.

Mowbray cannot bemoan the cost/wages of defenders and/or goalkeepers when he spends half of the budget on a player we just don’t need.

Positive:

We could have bought a worse unnecessarily player.

• Like 3

Positives : good young player on a four year contract. An embarrassment of exciting young match winners up top. Proven, experienced game winners in the squad.

SURELY we will be getting defenders in and the goalkeepers linked will improve us.

HMS Piss The League is just waiting for the defensive ceremonial champagne.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, philipl said:

Welcome back Sam.

Football is a squad game and that includes the chemistry between the players.

Yep, as I alluded to earlier in the week you've got to assume this is Graham's last season as first choice too. We now have 2 apprentices in learning from the master.