BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Gallagher Returns

• Backroom

Rich Sharpe holds no blame here whatsoever. If anything he's been remarkably restrained waiting until now to question Gallagher's signing and the way Mowbray is utilising him. Most of us were asking these questions months ago. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

When do you think he should have written it ?

You thought he would have wrote when Gallagher was out injured or after the season finished. Also he hasn't just wrote that after the game but something he would have wrote a few days before hand. 

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How so? After yet another game that he was totally ineffective in playing in a position that makes no sense, surely as good a time as any to ask the questions he did.

I didn't think he was ineffective at all. Had a good chance to score second half. Good save by Butland. made a few good runs first and second half. Mowbray isn't asking him to play as wide player or winger tho more of inside forward. If you look at the first half against Stoke. At time he was next to Armstrong in like front 2 with Downing drifting wide. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You thought he would have wrote when Gallagher was out injured or after the season finished. Also he hasn't just wrote that after the game but something he would have wrote a few days before hand. 

I didn't think he was ineffective at all. Had a good chance to score second half. Good save by Butland. made a few good runs first and second half. Mowbray isn't asking him to play as wide player or winger tho more of inside forward. If you look at the first half against Stoke. At time he was next to Armstrong in like front 2 with Downing drifting wide. 

Whatever title you want to give to him playing out wide, it doesnt change the fact that out wide/as an "inside forward" it just isnt working. A question you usually divert and deflect away from; do you think he should ever be played in a wide position? (Or as a inside forward if you prefer!)

Are you implying that a journalist of a local paper should only write "positive" articles and not critical or questioning articles whilst the season is still on? Thats not telling the truth or the full story. The manager has paid big money for player, often played him out of position and he has not performed. As @Tom mentioned he missed out v Hull and Charlton and we looked far better balanced. I think a very tame article questioning the plan around an underperforming, big money signing whilst acknowledging his work rate should be allowed at any time, if you want only positive only propaganda then youll find that on the official Rovers site.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Whatever title you want to give to him playing out wide, it doesnt change the fact that out wide/as an "inside forward" it just isnt working. A question you usually divert and deflect away from; do you think he should ever be played in a wide position? (Or as a inside forward if you prefer!)

Are you implying that a journalist of a local paper should only write "positive" articles and not critical or questioning articles whilst the season is still on? Thats not telling the truth or the full story. The manager has paid big money for player, often played him out of position and he has not performed. As @Tom mentioned he missed out v Hull and Charlton and we looked far better balanced. I think a very tame article questioning the plan around an underperforming, big money signing whilst acknowledging his work rate should be allowed at any time, if you want only positive only propaganda then youll find that on the official Rovers site.

He doesn't play wide just like Rothwell doesn't. He goes wide when defending. 

Don't dig at me then expect me to answering your question. annoying trait of yours. 

Never said that, I don't get why he wrote that article this week. that's it. 

Also Why did Graham and other team mates take to social media to posted what the did on Instagram and in support of Gallagher?  The first time I seen the article was on Danny Graham's Instagram   

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never said that, I don't get why he wrote that article this week. that's it

Why not?

Its been pointed out that SG returning and going straight back in the side was contentious. Many thought he didn't contribute again. Therefore as it reflected the opinion of the fans and the topics surrounding the club at this time, why was it the wrong time to write the article?

If the answer is 'because it might upset the players' then that is not Sharpe's problem. 

If he had gone over the top, or been out of order, then that's different but it's not like he expressing an opinion which is not fairly prevalent.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Why not?

Its been pointed out that SG returning and going straight back in the side was contentious. Many thought he didn't contribute again. Therefore as it reflected the opinion of the fans and the topics surrounding the club at this time, why was it the wrong time to write the article?

If the answer is 'because it might upset the players' then that is not Sharpe's problem. 

If he had gone over the top, or been out of order, then that's different but it's not like he expressing an opinion which is not fairly prevalent.

But Gallagher was on bench against Brentford so didn't go straight back into the side tho. 

He did contribute on Wednesday against Stoke city for me. Many fans could see this  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Gallagher was on bench against Brentford so didn't go straight back into the side tho. 

He did contribute on Wednesday against Stoke city for me. Many fans could see this  

And many fans also disagree. Hence why Sharpe wrote an opinion piece to highlight the different opinions.

I'll ask for the third time. Why was it the wrong time to write that article?

Edited by Hasta

13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

And many  fans also disagree. Hence why Sharpe wrote an opinion piece to highlight the different opinions.

I'll ask for the third time. Why was it the wrong time to write that article?

Why published the piece after the Stoke City game? 

Sharpe's comment his performance in this game 

"To his credit, worked incredibly hard, often tracking back to his own corner flag, but that came at the detriment of his goalscoring chances. Seemed to drift between playing out wide and as a centre forward. Had one excellent chance which Butland denied when quick off his line"

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think he is an effective wide man and would you play him there?

Like I've told you before and before he isnt playing as a wide player. Why don't you just accept my point 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sharpe's comment his performance in this game 

"To his credit, worked incredibly hard, often tracking back to his own corner flag, but that came at the detriment of his goalscoring chances. Seemed to drift between playing out wide and as a centre forward. Had one excellent chance which Butland denied when quick off his line"

Like I've told you before and before he isnt playing as a wide player. Why don't you just accept my point 

Wide player, inside forward, wide striker, however you want to describe it, you havent clarified your position at all.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Because a lot of people were surprised that we dropped Samuel, who had played well, to return Gallagher to a role where he isnt a goal threat. Therefore Sharpe writes an article asking if Gallaghers role is about other than goals. This has been explained.

For the fourth time, why was it not the time to write the article?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Him and Waggott still bang on about the slight bit of grumbling in the stands against Barnsley. The only bit of grief he’s had in three years. Very tame in comparison to what he’d have got elsewhere for some of these horrendous runs we’ve been on from time to time.

I suppose when you run a club between you with no pressure from owners, you’ll be completely oblivious to the normal pressures of getting results and won’t take kindly to the oiks in the stands pricking their bubble.

• Like 1

Sharpes had plenty stick for appearing to be a club man most of the time. The min he writes a perfectly reasonable article asking the questions tons of fans ask he gets moaned at by a few players and panned by the usual groupies. Barmy the fellas just doing his job.

To be honest you could apply the same questions to quite a few players signed by Tony, good job he didn't bring that up.

• Like 6

on the subject of sam,lets not pretend he`s ever going to be a star,but we ar`nt using him like we should,mix the play up and stick the occasional long ball up to him,same with set pieces,try to get him on the end of them,of course this is all conjecture,the poor bloke is mostly stuck out wide or up front on his own,look at the size of him,he should be terrorising centre backs not receiving tippy tappy passes that end up nowhere because his first touch is`nt good

• Like 1

Just the Rovers church of Scientology esque tactics for silencing critics. They’ll have Elliot bennett and ben Brereton stood outside his house filming him if he’s not careful.

It was a powder-puff piece about a bad signing being asked to play a questionable role. Nothing more. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

On whether Sam Gallagher should play in the aforementioned position in your opinion. Out wide in old money, wide striker, inside forward, however you want to descrive it.

Well I have in the past. Have you seen me post a change of view on it? 

He isnt playing wide tho. How many times do you not get? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I have in the past. Have you seen me post a change of view on it? 

He isnt playing wide tho. How many times do you not get? 

Not that people don't get what you are saying Chaddy, it's just that they disagree with you! 

Btw 1) if he is not playing wide that's part of the problem. He isn't stretching the defence. 

2) Call the position what you want but it doesn't stop him having a stinker there. No creativity, no final ball, very few goals, no pace. I think inside forward and winger are both an injustice as they suggest he is offering an attacking threat. Whatever it is called it is not working and Gally isn't offering anything from said position. 

• Like 3