BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Gallagher Returns

On 27/02/2020 at 17:17, tomphil said:

Waggot will be on the blower to the LT saying this isn't the propaganda we want i demand a follow up article 5 things we like about strikers on the wing !

Richard will be in the headmaster Tony's office first thing for a stern ticking off and a lesson on how journos do things in Middlesbrough.

Funny you point this out. Even before the game today, Neil Yardley tried to rally the fans to get behind “Tony Mowbray’s blue and white army”. When did we stop being proud of being “Blackburn Rovers”? It’s like the club didn’t exist until he got here. Very divisive to make it all about the current manager. I see Jack also has now been dropped and it’s just Mowbray’s flag at pitch side.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Yes he scored, but it really was a peach of a ball from Nyambe and the goalie dithered. The missed header at the end reinforced my view he just doesn’t have it. Barry Endean would’ve put that in.

I’d forgotten about that amid the excitement. Absolutely had the goal gaping and headed it straight at the keeper.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Funny you point this out. Even before the game today, Neil Yardley tried to rally the fans to get behind “Tony Mowbray’s blue and white army”. When did we stop being proud of being “Blackburn Rovers”? It’s like the club didn’t exist until he got here. Very divisive to make it all about the current manager. I see Jack also has now been dropped and it’s just Mowbray’s flag at pitch side.

It's a bit pathetic really but maybe TM has been sulking a bit. 

Then again it's probably just propaganda aimed at India. The club is run just like a franchise. Those running it are always just one bad result away from deflecting blame onto fans.

On 29/02/2020 at 21:03, K-Hod said:

Was just about to share this, but Chaddy beat me to it. The Penwortham screenshotter getting mugged off was awesome. 
Especially with him lacking that much self awareness that he called someone else a coward.
Sit down you absolute whopper.

Lots of people taking delight in this.

Some of it has got very nasty though. Glad I don't do twatter!

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Him and Simon Smith (he that couldn’t cope with a bit of criticism over his LT column) have been having a day long set to. 

I won’t say over what as it’s probably a libel issue, but a couple of bloody oddballs. 

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, but agree that the topic of the argument should definitely not be discussed here. It's easy enough to find on Twitter for the genuinely curious.

• Like 1

On 29/02/2020 at 22:59, Stuart said:

We’ve always the managers name followed by blue and white army ever since I can remember.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Him and Simon Smith (he that couldn’t cope with a bit of criticism over his LT column) have been having a day long set to. 

I won’t say over what as it’s probably a libel issue, but a couple of bloody oddballs. 

I think Smithy may have been on the pop yesterday looking at that.

• Backroom

According to Tony

“It was great that he scored today after the week he’s had," Mowbray told iFollow Rovers.

Hope Gally has got over the scathing and heinous attack in the press 

• Like 5

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Tom said:

According to Tony

“It was great that he scored today after the week he’s had," Mowbray told iFollow Rovers.

Hope Gally has got over the scathing and heinous attack in the press 

Probably wouldn't have been so bad if DG hadn't brought the article to so many people's attention tbh.

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

I think Smithy may have been on the pop yesterday looking at that.

Blimey just caught up with that, what the hell was he thinking. I wondered why he posted on FB last night canvassing 'opinion' on a related 'hypothetical' scenario. To be honest I hope he's OK, he seems a bit fraught.

Edited by LDRover

• 3 months later...

Brereton looks somewhat reborn (albeit without threatening the goal - yet), but this bloke has become a much bigger issue. Mowbray seems to have a love affair with playing him out wide, and he just looks completely lost. He’s 6’4, but plays in the air like he’s 5’5, he doesn’t know where to make runs, he doesn’t use his strength effectively, and he simply does not know how to attack a football. I’m confident he’d still be useless up front, but this RW ‘thing’ has to stop and now. Will it under Mowbray? I don’t think so.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Backroom

I fear we've dropped a major bollock with this one. The manager does not help when he plays him out wide, but he's not that impressive in the middle either. It might just be that the system we play doesn't suit him, but we aren't getting £5m back for him so we either need to find a way to make it work or accept a likely significant loss (as nobody will pay him the wages we do either), move him on and look elsewhere. 

Edited by DE.