J*B

Sam Gallagher Returns

On 13/07/2019 at 18:29, roverandout said:

Shite player..waste of money..fuming. that's all I have to say

Take a bow " roverandout ".

Didnt want him back and has been much worse than I could have ever predicted. Absolute no hoper.

Brereton has looked sharper but still offering no goal threat. 

Both him & BB are duds ... Just goes to show that even though TM had a good look at him a few years back he still went back and paid millions for him ... Shocking player .. Not even Birmingham would have him back ... 

Now whilst he is a prime dolloper it has to be said that even so TM doesn't have him playing anywhere near his limited best. He has put in the odd good performance but all of these have come centrally. So put him central. TM is delivering a master class on how to make a bad situation worse. I still maintain that with the right management Gally might hit the heights of a useful player but it would take a far greater manager than TM to do that. I'd get rid of Gally in a second but I don't think we will, no one will be interested based on his performances or wages so we have to find a way to make the most of a bad situation. That way is not arsing about on the right wing. 

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I still maintain that with the right management Gally might hit the heights of a useful player 

He's 6ft 2 and shit in the air, his first touch is poor, takes ages to get to top speed by which time he's lost any advantage,  he has no trick to get past a player in tight spaces, easy to defend against and he's more bothered about how his hair looks.

He's lazy too.

22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's 6ft 2 and shit in the air, his first touch is poor, takes ages to get to top speed by which time he's lost any advantage,  he has no trick to get past a player in tight spaces, easy to defend against and he's more bothered about how his hair looks.

He's lazy too.

The last two are what does my nut in most. That said he is big and bulky so has the physical attributes to be a problem for defenders and has a few goals for us too so there is a spark of potential. a quality manager might make him into a useful squad player. 

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's lazy too.

I remember when we were debating wether he was worth signing again somebody on here trying to tell me what a good header of the ball Gallagher was. Maybe he meant Kevin Gallagher. David Speedie was a foot shorter than either of the two young giants we have up front and he was a better header of the ball than both of them.