BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

Hardly anyone posting the same team. Shows how many options we now have in certain areas

Keeper is now set, forward 6 positions have options galore.

1 or 2 good defenders and we really could be a decent side this year

• Like 2

• Backroom

I'm starting to think this might suit us best:

Walton

Nyambe  Lenihan  Williams  Bell

Travis  Johnson  Rothwell

Dack

Breo    Gally

Gets our best X1 onto the pitch (imo) and easy to turn into other formations without subs, or only one sub.

Depends who we go on to sign off.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Walton

Dack

Breo    Gally

Gets our best X1 onto the pitch (imo) and easy to turn into other formations without subs, or only one sub.

Yeah I like that AC Milan formation. 

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Walton

Dack

Breo    Gally

Is Williams not injured

• Backroom
1 hour ago, rigger said:

Is Williams not injured

Six weeks or so I believe, so it'll almost certainly be Mulgrew/Lenihan starting against Charlton. I think almost everybody on here at the end of last season agreed there was no way Mulgrew should be starting at CB come the first game of this season, so it would have to be classed as a massive disappointment should that happen... and it seems inevitable at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

Six weeks or so I believe, so it'll almost certainly be Mulgrew/Lenihan starting against Charlton. I think almost everybody on here at the end of last season agreed there was no way Mulgrew should be starting at CB come the first game of this season, so it would have to be classed as a massive disappointment should that happen... and it seems inevitable at this point.

It is 100% going to happen. He is going to be captain too. I like Mulgrew, he has pedigree, experience, has played at the top level, but he needs to drastically improve on last season, if that is even possible. Personally think the easiest thing would have been to sell him, because once he is here and captain I think Mowbray is going to stick with him. Possibly to a point of massive fan frustration. We basically need to hope Mulgrews professional pride means he turns up as a much better version of last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is 100% going to happen. He is going to be captain too. I like Mulgrew, he has pedigree, experience, has played at the top level, but he needs to drastically improve on last season, if that is even possible. Personally think the easiest thing would have been to sell him, because once he is here and captain I think Mowbray is going to stick with him. Possibly to a point of massive fan frustration. We basically need to hope Mulgrews professional pride means he turns up as a much better version of last year. 

If we let him go on a free back to Scotland now it would be the best solution. If left left now he would be remembered very fondly, all those goals from centre back and the promotion season.

If he continues last seasons form into this he'll have his reputation dragged through the mud.

He could still do a job at a lower level like the SPL.

Really I think Mowbray should have been brave and given the captaincy to Lenihan, but it's easy for me to say that as I don't know how that would go down in the dressing room.

• Like 2

Any chance of selling Mulgrew to a club at the level he should now be playing at went out the window in November when he signed an improved new deal to 2021.

Scottish clubs (Celtic aside), as an example, won’t get close to matching his wages.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Mike E said:

Walton

Dack

Breo    Gally

That's the sort of formation you play if you are confident you can bulldoze the opposition and that you have a really solid defence.

Rovers have an abysmal defence so to cut midfield to only 3 mids with huge channels either side would be suicidal in my mind.

If no signings are made then I would go with the following. 

Walton

Nyambe      Lenihan          Mulgrew    Bell

Travis             Johnson

Armstrong               Dack                   Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Magloire, Rankin-Costello, Evans, Downing, Gallagher, Brereton

Charlton at home is a very winnable and one that we need to win to take some momentum into a tough run of games, lose and we could be looking at a tough start to the season.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

If no signings are made then I would go with the following. 

Walton

Nyambe      Lenihan          Mulgrew    Bell

Travis             Johnson

Armstrong               Dack                   Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Magloire, Rankin-Costello, Evans, Downing, Gallagher, Brereton

Charlton at home is a very winnable and one that we need to win to take some momentum into a tough run of games, lose and we could be looking at a tough start to the season.

I think that will be the team except for the full backs. I'm pretty convinced now it will be Downing LB and Bennett RB.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I think that will be the team except for the full backs. I'm pretty convinced now it will be Downing LB and Bennett RB.

Bennett starting is a no brainer, TM will build the team around him. If Brereton is on fire he has to start and this will boost his confidence. The big concern is at the back but who ever we sign it'll be too late for this game.

Saw the highlights of Charlton's 4-1 home friendly defeat (their goal was a rather fortunate penalty).

Charlton's defence looks disjointed and slow.

So we need the pace we have in the squad from kick-off. Not starting with both Rothwell and Armstrong on the pitch would be criminal. Chapman on the subs bench too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, philipl said:

Saw the highlights of Charlton's 4-1 home friendly defeat (their goal was a rather fortunate penalty).

Charlton's defence looks disjointed and slow.

So we need the pace we have in the squad from kick-off. Not starting with both Rothwell and Armstrong on the pitch would be criminal. Chapman on the subs bench too.

Is Chapman fit? He hasn't really played in pre season I think?