BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

To the people describing this as a 'must win' game - give your heads a wobble. 

It is certainly a 'should win' game though, and I would like to see something akin to the team that finished the game at Rangers as the starting line up, but I suspect he will play all the experienced players and we will plod along until younger legs are introduced. I would do the opposite - send the young 'uns out to demolish Charlton and then bring the experience on to see the game out. 

3-1 to Rovers

It's not a must win game in the sense we need the points to stay up but it's a home game so I would say nothing less than 3 points is acceptable. We have to get out of this Gary Bowyer type mindset that draws at home or mediocre results are acceptable.

Sadly I think the rest of your post is spot on. We'll start with " the Rangers line up", stink the place out and labour to an uninspiring draw brightened up only by a better spell towards the end when some youngsters are chucked on to try and rescue the game.

Must be a home banker IF we want to compete this season. 3-0

Rovers.

Walton

Bennett/Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Downing/Bell

Travis, Johnson

Armstrong, Dack, Rothwell

Brereton

Graham, Chapman and Gally to do the damage if it doesnt work.

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, neophox said:

Rovers.

Walton

Travis, Johnson

Brereton

Favours our right wing too much imo. Need to protect the left too ;)

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not a must win game in the sense we need the points to stay up but it's a home game so I would say nothing less than 3 points is acceptable. We have to get out of this Gary Bowyer type mindset that draws at home or mediocre results are acceptable.

Sadly I think the rest of your post is spot on. We'll start with " the Rangers line up", stink the place out and labour to an uninspiring draw brightened up only by a better spell towards the end when some youngsters are chucked on to try and rescue the game.

But if the aim is 15th to 10th then whilst blooding youngsters, putting value in others and plugging gaps with pals and senior favs then it is acceptable to those implementing it i suppose.

That was half the problem of the GB era, i think it's a club mindset rather his.

Opening day last season, Brentford put League 1 play-off winners to the sword 5-0 and put a healthy goal difference into the bank.

Is it too much to ask that we are preparing to do the same to the latest League 1 play off winners on Saturday?

• Like 5

Just now, philipl said:

Opening day last season, Brentford put League 1 play-off winners to the sword 5-0 and put a healthy goal difference into the bank.

Is it too much to ask that we are preparing to do the same to the latest League 1 play off winners on Saturday?

Well I dreamt 5-1 last night. Travis was one of the names on the score sheet. For the life of me I can’t remember the others.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, neophox said:

Rovers.

Walton

Travis, Johnson

Brereton

A back 4 with Bennett and Mulgrew doesn't make me feel we can win any already. I already know Mowbrays team selection is going to p*ss people off, he'll do something idiotic thing like put Rothwell on the bench to accommodate Gallagher. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ricky said:

Well I dreamt 5-1 last night. Travis was one of the names on the score sheet. For the life of me I can’t remember the others.

So Trav scores five and the other name on the score sheet was an opponent for their one goal, sounds like a good prediction to me?

?

So seems like team will probably be 

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Gallagher Travis Johnson Armstrong (or Rothwell)

Dack

Graham (or Brereton)

If Mowbray's words at yesterday's event are anything to go by, and the system he used up at Blackpool.

4 hours ago, Neal said:

A back 4 with Bennett and Mulgrew doesn't make me feel we can win any already. I already know Mowbrays team selection is going to p*ss people off, he'll do something idiotic thing like put Rothwell on the bench to accommodate Gallagher. 

Probably because Gallagher used to play for us and Mowbray will assume that's what the fans want. Will loose my s*** if Rothwell is demoted back to the bench. Sad thing is, it most probably will happen.

• Like 2

Anyone able to advise if there's any good cheap places to park round Ewood for the game? Looking at trying to get to this game and a few others this season now they've introduced the new 18-25 ticket bracket, helps cut the cost of travelling from Leicester and back for a home game. 

Have a feeling the scoreline will be 3-1 to rovers and the starting lineup below:

Walton

Bennett, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Bell

Travis, Johnson

Dack

Gallagher, Graham, Armstrong

Edited by Maphsa
Forgot Dack on the lineup
  • Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Probably because Gallagher used to play for us and Mowbray will assume that's what the fans want. Will loose my s*** if Rothwell is demoted back to the bench. Sad thing is, it most probably will happen.

I'll second that. I just don't understand how we Rothwells position can be under question. Especially if its to accommodate a striker out of position.

My Team would be     

Walton

Nyambe          Lenihan      Tosin       Bell

Travis          Johnson

Armstrong              Dack                    Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Mulgrew, Bennett, Buckley, Downing, Brereton, Gallagher

If Tosin doesn't sign then Mulgrew will have to start with a youngster on the bench.

• Like 2

Just now, Maphsa said:

Anyone able to advise if there's any good cheap places to park round Ewood for the game? Looking at trying to get to this game and a few others this season now they've introduced the new 18-25 ticket bracket, helps cut the cost of travelling from Leicester and back for a home game. 

Have a feeling the scoreline will be 3-1 to rovers and the starting lineup below:

Walton

Travis, Johnson

Dack

If you go down Albion Street off Livesey Branch Road, there is a car park that’s £3.

5 minute walk to ground.

Edited by Mattyblue

31 minutes ago, Maphsa said:

Walton

Travis, Johnson

Dack

There is some street parking in Lower Darwen which is far easier if you are coming on the M65. It's around 15 minutes walk to the ground. Don't go too far along Branch Road though as it has restrictions.

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

Downing in place of Bell at left wing back?

Still think it 50/50 there will be a new central defender in place of Mulgrew.

I'd say 0 chance of that happening, Mulgrew is 100% going to start. 

I'd rather not see more players out of position but I don't trust Bell that much that I'd rather see Downing. Preferably would have had Hart there, I have a feeling Mowbray would have picked him too. 

1 hour ago, Maphsa said:

Walton

Travis, Johnson

Dack

The brown cow car park on Livesey Branch

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'll second that. I just don't understand how we Rothwells position can be under question. Especially if its to accommodate a striker out of position.

My Team would be     

Walton

Nyambe          Lenihan      Tosin       Bell

Travis          Johnson

Armstrong              Dack                    Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Mulgrew, Bennett, Buckley, Downing, Brereton, Gallagher

If Tosin doesn't sign then Mulgrew will have to start with a youngster on the bench.

This is the team. Big Armstrong fan and think this could be a really big season for him , make Gally (who I also like) really earn his place.

I wouldn't go overboard with just one game, but I can't pretend that I won't be very dissapointed if Rothwell doesn't play from the start, even if he has strong competition.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

This is the team. Big Armstrong fan and think this could be a really big season for him , make Gally (who I also like) really earn his place.

I wouldn't go overboard with just one game, but I can't pretend that I won't be very dissapointed if Rothwell doesn't play from the start, even if he has strong competition.

Ya, it will be very disappointing if he doesn't start. He couldn't have done much more when given his opportunity. 

It is difficult to pick the front 4 . Some gonna be disappointed. 

I think the only guaranteed starter is Dack. Maybe Graham, but I wouldn't be as sure as I am with Dack. So 2 then from ;Brereton, Gallagher, Armstrong and Rothwell you would imagine. 

I think it will be 

Armstrong  Dack  Rothwell

Brereton 

Rothwell said the other day he favours coming in off the left. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Despite the talk of new systems I think timid Tony will line up in fairly similar fashion to last season and the one before that. Not what I'd do but I reckon it will be something like:

The Loanee

Bennett Mulgrew Lenihan Bell

Gallagher Johnson Evans Downing

Dack

Graham

The only difference might be Downing for Bell and Armstrong on the left.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Despite the talk of new systems I think timid Tony will line up in fairly similar fashion to last season and the one before that. Not what I'd do but I reckon it will be something like:

The Loanee

Bennett Mulgrew Lenihan Bell

Gallagher Johnson Evans Downing

Dack

Graham

The only difference might be Downing for Bell and Armstrong on the left.

Travis is definitely starting 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, rigger said:

The brown cow car park on Livesey Branch

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

There is some street parking in Lower Darwen which is far easier if you are coming on the M65. It's around 15 minutes walk to the ground. Don't go too far along Branch Road though as it has restrictions.

Just thought I'd clarify for @Maphsa that Branch Road and Livesey Branch Road are different roads.