Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

I predict we will see the below:

Walton

Nyambe lenihan mulgrew Downing 

Travis Johnson 

Gallagher Dack Rothwell

Graham

With us being at home Downings deliveries into Graham and Gallagher should be handy with skill on the ball from Dack, Rothwell and Travis hopefully being enough to break Charlton down. Mulgrew will get his last chance at the start of this season to prove he still has it (or has got it back). 

3-1 Rovers. COYB!!! 

On 31/07/2019 at 09:06, roversinmyblood said:

I agree. We need competition to freshen things up when somebody is flagging or off form. You need a depth of squad to get promoted, especially as rotation will be needed for the twice weekly games and injuries. Another CB after Tosin and we could be looking good for the season. 

Ps I wouldn’t be surprised if Reid doesn’t rock up next Thursday when he doesn’t get in the Southampton team. 

I pray for you.to be right on that, would be outstanding.

On 31/07/2019 at 15:06, roversinmyblood said:

Ps I wouldn’t be surprised if Reid doesn’t rock up next Thursday when he doesn’t get in the Southampton team. 

We’re a weaker side this year than last, because of this reason (and Raya leaving), that’s why I think we’ll struggle. Our only potential saving graces are Rothwell getting more game time, and Brereton showing why we paid so much for him. Signings wise, it’s been a poor window, so far.

1 hour ago, Gary C said:

Really excited for the new season to start. I would like a positive side out on the pitch like many of you have discussed but the most important thing is getting that winning start to the season. 

Going down early today daughter wants autographs and she got Dacks shirt after Swansea game she wants signing, so if I find out any team news early I'll put it on the forum

• Like 2

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Travis Johnson

Armstrong Dack Gallagher

Graham

It's difficult to pick a team today but I don't think Mowbray will start with more than 3 new faces. The aim should be to break Charlton early and wind down the game with more solid subs (Evans, Downing etc). Wouldn't surprise me to see Dack finishing the game up top and Buckley in behind. Downing's position if he features today is probably the most interesting sub-plot for me. 

I'm going 2-0 Rovers and a relatively comfortable start to the season. Armstrong and Mulgrew.

Really looking forward to today, back to my Second Home in the Riverside after what seems an age! I think this'll be either my 30th or my 31st consecutive season ticket holder (I'll check with my dad later!), so I'm hoping for a good, confident, imposing start on the road to top 6...

My team would be:

Walton,

Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Bell

Johnson, Travis

Armstrong, Dack, Rothwell,

Brereton 

Subs: Leutweiler, Downing, Tosin, DG, Gallagher, Buckley, Bennett.

I think DG will be used more sparingly this season, perhaps against stronger teams where his bulk & noise for holding the ball up and winning set pieces will be more valuable. Same with Downing.

Make the most of a confident BB I say, let's see what we paid all that money for. 

• Like 2

Mowbray talking about his new style in the LT. 

Interesting point in the comments section, we know this style of play failed badly in L1, it was also the style of play that got us relegated from the Championship when Mowbray tried it when he took over.

That team had Gallagher and Graham in too.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Mowbray talking about his new style in the LT. 

Interesting point in the comments section, we know this style of play failed badly in L1, it was also the style of play that got us relegated from the Championship when Mowbray tried it when he took over.

That team had Gallagher and Graham in too.

It had almost the same defence and two deep lying mids plus a shite keeper so hopefully we've finally moved on from that !