BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

Just now, neophox said:

Tony starts with three new signings.

And none at the back.

Good but if spin though. However...

Gallagher is a known quantity no risk from Tony.

Walton has to play. He was named number one yesterday.

Johnson is the Smallwood upgrade. Yay.

It’s so bizarre that we haven’t strengthened the defence more when it’s the first game of the season and I’m petrified at the defensive line up.

On the flip side we have strengthened to the point in other areas that I’m disappointed that Rothwell isn’t playing, and we could have started with one of Gallagher, Graham or Brereton up top quite happily.

Just now, DE. said:

That's exactly was it was unfortunately. 

I assume Chapman is still injured or unfit? 

Still unfit. It’s never going to change with him is it?

Fuming about Rothwell. If we played with him, Dack and Armstrong it would be too much for Charlton to cope with IMO. But no, let’s play steady Eddy, Downing.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Butty said:

That team on paper is good enough too win but f**k me. Why no Rothwell or Nyambe? Rothwell would destroy Charlton today. ☹️

I think the obsession with Bennett could turn him into the next Lowe. Nayambe is much better at RB and has the potential to be an excellent player there so it's a baffling decision. Not convinced by Mulgrew's inclusion either. 

As for Rothwell it's the one rule for one, one rule for another problem. He was excellent at the end of last season yet is dropped. Mulgrew Bennett and a number of others weren't so great yet keep their places. 

• Like 3

I think it's absolutely shameful that Downing starts ahead of Rothwell. Rothwell was our best player for the last couple of months. Given the players available I can understand Mulgrew playing much as I am disappointed by it.

Travis and Johnson are the right como, Gallagher, Armstrong and Dack will provide plenty of attacking threat. I  think Bennett  and Bell are probably our best full back pairing, though that is not saying much.

100% behind the ladies! Come on :)

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

After we win today it becomes the shirt to lose so get prepared for Bennett to be a starter for the foreseeable. Downing too.

Rothwell and Nyambe should be on to their agents.

Top post. It is baffling. They play well, have potential to be playing at a higher level and yet neither can get in the team. 

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Still unfit. It’s never going to change with him is it?

I doubt it. Imo Boro knew that too which is why they let him go. His natural talent is obvious but if he can only play once in a blue moon it just doesn't matter.

• Backroom

Our squad is huge. 

No Chapman, Williams, Adarabioyo, Smallwood on the bench who would all argue they're deserving of a place. (I've probably forgot some too.)

Who drops out for Adarabioyo next week?!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, OJRovers said:

With Costello coming through, I'd be tempted to sell Nyambe, should get a couple of milion, put the money into the team. No point wasting him on the bench whilst his contract runs down.

No chance!! I love Nyambe! He should be playing every week, it's ridiculous that he's not and I'd be absolutely livid if we sold him for 2 million. 

• Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

Our squad is huge. 

No Chapman, Williams, Adarabioyo, Smallwood on the bench who would all argue they're deserving of a place. (I've probably forgot some too.)

Nyambe or Rothwell knowing Tony.

TM is one stubborn bugger; the fans will obviously start getting on his back over Rothwell soon and I can see him digging his heels in even more.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

No chance!! I love Nyambe! He should be playing every week, it's ridiculous that he's not and I'd be absolutely livid if we sold him for 2 million. 

I would play him too, but if Mowbray isn't going to play him then he'll end up leaving sooner or later.

• Backroom
Just now, Madon said:

Our squad is huge. 

Well it won't be Leutwiler, Evans or DG so take your pick from the remainder of the bench... probably Buckley if I had to guess. 

Just now, Stuart said:

And none at the back.

Good but if spin though. However...

Gallagher is a known quantity no risk from Tony.

Walton has to play. He was named number one yesterday.

Johnson is the Smallwood upgrade. Yay.

How is it no risk dropping your number 1 striker and top scorer from last season? 

Johnson the guy who started the play off final vs Villa? Yeah I think he is a tad better than Smallwood. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nyambe or Rothwell knowing Tony.

TM is one stubborn bugger; the fans will obviously start getting on his back over Rothwell soon and I can see him digging his heels in even more.

That's stubborn as in as stubborn as a thick plank.

• Like 2