Evans Johnson

Armstrong Dack Downing

Graham

Walton

Nyambe, Lenihan, Tyler M, Bell

Travis, Johnson

Rothwell, Dack, Armstrong

Brereton

When playing at home our defence pushes higher up the field, so pace in defence is of more importance.

• Like 1

My lad and I have had a discussion this evening, suggesting our own preferred line ups for tomorrow . What became apparent is that we both felt our line ups would be best , but Mowbray would choose something comepletely different , in fact neither of us could actually predict what he will choose tomorrow ... If we can't predict what team he will pick surely the opposition won't either 

• Like 3

I think somehow we will grind a win out tomorrow. 1-0 or 2-1, and it won't be pretty, but I just feel for once we will get the jthe b done on the opening day.

He's already hinted it will be Mulgrew and Lenihan at the back. I hope it's Nyambe and Downing at full back.

If I was picking a starting line up, I'd want DG up top with Dack in behind, and then 2 of either Armstrong, Chapman or Rothwell on the wings. Johnson and Trav in the middle.

BB and Gally on the bench.

Just now, AJW said:

My lad and I have had a discussion this evening, suggesting our own preferred line ups for tomorrow . What became apparent is that we both felt our line ups would be best , but Mowbray would choose something comepletely different , in fact neither of us could actually predict what he will choose tomorrow ... If we can't predict what team he will pick surely the opposition won't either 

Its mad how much the game has evolved. Back in 95 we pretty much knew the team, barring injuries. And now? I'd be surprised if any of us get the lineup right.

Which makes playing fantasy football a nightmare! Pep roulette is mind boggling.

32 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Its mad how much the game has evolved. Back in 95 we pretty much knew the team, barring injuries. And now? I'd be surprised if any of us get the lineup right.

Which makes playing fantasy football a nightmare! Pep roulette is mind boggling.

Different times , the best of times !!

I would like to see these new non contact defenders play against Shearer and Sutton !!!

• Like 1

• Backroom

Aneke is a decent signing for them, think he’ll score tomorrow but we’ll end up comfortable winners

No Bennett, Evans or Smallwood please 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aneke is a decent signing for them, think he’ll score tomorrow but we’ll end up comfortable winners

Bloody hell, Tom - you’ve had a touch of the Mercers. ‘Comfortable’ - Rovers don’t do comfortable. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

40 minutes ago, Tom said:

I read Aneke is out injured. 

That’s come around quickly. Disappointed that going into the first game with the defensive issues not really addressed. 

I’d go with:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Travis Johnson

Rothwell Dack Armstrong

Graham

I know Mulgrew is a defensive liability but think it would be unfair on tosin to expect he can form a centre half partnership after a handshake with Leninhan a few days ago.

Id rather not see Evans or Bennett. I don’t want to see Gallagher or Brererton stuck out on the wing either 

2-1 Rovers. And with the fixtures really need 3 points. 

I reckon Tony will be desperate to shoehorn his favourites and signings in so wouldn't be surprised to see:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Tosin Downing

Evans Johnson

Gallagher Dack Armstrong

Graham

In which case 1-3 Charlton

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I reckon Tony will be desperate to shoehorn his favourites and signings in so wouldn't be surprised to see:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Tosin Downing

Evans Johnson

Gallagher Dack Armstrong

Graham

In which case 1-3 Charlton

Think it will be this bar Trav in for Evans.

Edit: & Mulgrew for Tosin of course.

Edited by RV Blue