BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

Just now, Tormund said:

Loving that back four.

Defenders are coming!

Walton needs to be the business or Mowbray will look even more foolish than he already does.

Only plus I can see is Smallwood isn’t even on the bench. Butterworth to go out on loan?

Sigh. As we all expected, our most influential and dangerous player is on the bench. It's amazes me how, this donut in charge can't see the difference Rothwell brings to the side. There is no excuse to benching him whatsoever. He was our stand out player for the last few games. (Would of been all season if he'd started) He comes off the bench against rangers makes an instant impact. Has another great game against Bury...Now he's on the bench over Stuart Downing!?99% of the fans think he should start. Why on earth can't Tony see that.

Seriously fed up now of Tony & delusion methods.

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

Rothwell must be thinking it's time to move on at this point

Nyambe will be wondering why he bothered signing a new contract if Bennett is still preferred at RB..

No sign of Smallwood, though.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Sigh. As we all expected, our most influential and dangerous player is on the bench. It's amazes me how, this donut in charge can't see the difference Rothwell brings to the side. There is no excuse to benching him whatsoever. He was our stand out player for the last few games. (Would of been all season if he'd started) He comes off the bench against rangers makes an instant impact. Has another great game against Bury...Now he's on the bench over Stuart Downing!?99% of the fans think he should start. Why on earth can't Tony see that.

Our most influential player?? 

Wouldn't that be Dack? 

Lets see what happens today. 

Just now, imy9 said:

Four new signings out of five start.

Would have started with Rothwell but I'm guessing Downing will provide more defensive cover on that side? 

He doesn't though. Rothwell did more than enough at the end of last season to show that he can track back and cover. It makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Gutted for Rothwell, he deserves to be starting. Unfortunately his manager is a coward. "More defensive cover" against Charlton at home ffs. 

Still a good chance of winning today but if that's our preferred 11 we can forget top six. That defence is an abomination. 

• Like 3

Just now, imy9 said:

Four new signings out of five start.

Would have started with Rothwell but I'm guessing Downing will provide more defensive cover on that side? 

It's Charlton at home, we need to be taking the game to teams like Charlton.

Mowbray has no justification starting Downing ahead of Rothwell in this game imo.

Like another poster said total madness Mowbray can't see how much of a difference Rothwell makes to this side 

• Like 3

Judging by how disappointed we, the fans are by the fact that Rothwell once again starts on the bench, the player must be absolutely fuming..

Gallagher over Graham and Brero is another shocker imo

wont even mention Bennett over  Nyambe.. some bizarre decisions here

• Like 1

• Backroom

After the end of last season and pre season it’s disappointing that Rothwell isn’t in there, Nyambe always should be ahead of Bennett but not shocked that he’s not.

Really glad that Buckley stays in the squad but he’s unlikely to come on with DG, Rothwell and BB on as well 

He doesn't though. Rothwell did more than enough at the end of last season to show that he can track back and cover. It makes no sense at all.

Let’s hope Mercer is in a no reception area with that team selection .

i have to agree back four rubbish, summer wasted,  far too conservative from a Neanderthal manager . Rothwell must be spewing .

i half wondered last night when reading about being at home first game is no advantage.This idiot manager will talk is out of promotion even in the event we threatened the top end of the table . Leave that to the much bigger clubs eh Tony?

not close to top 6 with that set up at the back.

but hey ho let’s hope we start with a win .

Sadly predictable but I feared it could be even worse, I thought Graham might start up front and that Evans might get the nod in midfield over Travis.

It's an absolute disgrace Bennett starts week in week out over Nyambe and Rothwell should also obviously be starting.

I would also have given Brereton the nod up front after his form pre season.

But let's see. Ultimately the manager will live or die on these sort of decisions.

• Like 2

Looking at the pre season lineups, Rothwell was always in the "B team lineups" it was as clear as day that he wasnt going to start.

I always felt that Mowbray only played him in that last 7 games because they were glorified friendlys, and even then it was through gritted teeth.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Looking at the pre season lineups, Rothwell was always in the "B team lineups" it was as clear as day that he wasnt going to start.

I always felt that Mowbray only played him in that last 7 games because they were glorified friendlys, and even then it was through gritted teeth.

That's exactly was it was unfortunately. 

I assume Chapman is still injured or unfit? 

Sorry but you are talking absolute cr@p just to have a dig at the manager. Our most influential and dangerous player is Dack by a country mile. 

• Like 1