BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he starts Bennett next game he deserves the sack and I couldn't defend him anymore. Rothwell should be in instead of Armstrong too. 

Also what is the story with Brereton? I thought this was his break out year. Yet Gallagher comes straight in a head of him. It's stupid.

Stupid stupid stupid 

Bennett will start, Young nyambe has no preseason! 

(What TM might say, not pure fantasy)

• Like 1

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Cannot for the life of me fathom spending that money on Gallagher and sticking him on the right now. Touches not good for wing play.

full time

I thought it was a poor signing anyway - indicates as a manager that you don't think Brereton is up to it.

Money should have been spent on replacing Mulgrew.

A disappointing performance.  We had the upper hand all game but couldn't turn possession into goals.  Some responsibility must be taken by the provider quartet of Dack, Armstrong, Downing and Travis.  Gallagher, on this showing has work to do.  The keeper looks okay, nothing more, but the fullback areas are really where we struggle.

After a frustrating first half a lucky goal had in poll position for 20 minutes, when a Rovers' second looked inevitable.  Poor defending and the game was over.

Just now, TBTF said:

Hey Stuart with this defence we’ll do well to keep it down to 69 conceded this season . 

This was our chance to get a few points on the board before some tough games . Be lucky if we’re off nil points by September . 

If he thinks a 19 year old will transform that defence into Fort Knox then he’s thicker than I thought ..... and that’s seriously thick 

Big big worry that.

He has to drop Mulgrew. If he hasn’t clocked that and we’ve signed Tosin on loan to cover injuries to him or Mulgrew then there’s no hope.

Mulgrew has been great for us and led us out of the third tier but we need to stop keeping players after their sell-by date.

• Like 1

The most pathetic display I’ve seen in years. Truly awful. Against the weakest side in the division who did nothing all game. Furious. 

Bad team selection to start with but yet again, it’s the defence that falls apart. Mulgrew is nowhere, Bennett a liability and Bell half asleep. Walton looks less reliable than Raya which is an achievement.

His days are numbered if this carries on. 

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

A disappointing performance.  We had the upper hand all game but couldn't turn possession into goals.  Some responsibility must be taken by the provider quartet of Dack, Armstrong, Downing and Travis.  Gallagher, on this showing has work to do.  The keeper looks okay, nothing more, but the fullback areas are really where we struggle.

After a frustrating first half a lucky goal had in poll position for 20 minutes, when a Rovers' second looked inevitable.  Poor defending and the game was over.

Did you watch the game? This brief synopsis tells you were watching a completely different match.

• Like 1

Bell Mulgrew and Bennett should not be in the back four of any championship side yet we have all three. I love Mulgrew but it was clear his legs had gone midway through last season. If we don’t sign 2 more defenders before deadline day then we’ll be conceding 2 a game a lot more times this season. We’ve all been saying how our defence needs strengthening and today proved it despite some of us trying too be hopeful about the situation. What a bag of shite today was... Bradley Johnson a deserved MOTM but for fuck sake bring 2 more defenders in please god. 

• Like 7

In all the in-depth post match analysis that takes place at Ewood and on here let us keep things in perspective and not forget for a moment that Charlton were proper shyte.

I thought Johnson our best player and liked what Downing does although he often lobs the ball.

Bennett and Bell clueless, Mulgrew I felt sorry for and why wasn't Dack playing? Hmmmmm

Gallagher put lots of effort in but poor first touch, not physical enough and a '1 in 9er'

Well that was shocking. I try to back TM but I can't support his decisions for today.

No more Bennett, no more Mulgrew, move downing to left back and put rothwell in. Sign a damn decent, experienced defender for the love of all things sacred.

Substitutions where actually insane. Gallagher is even less of a wide player than Brero. His subs basically allowed the game to get away from us. 

Also, it's my birthday today and rovers have now spoilt it a touch lol.

Gonna be a loooong hard season if he doesn't budge on the clear and obvious issues in this team.

• Like 2