BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bury, anyone going?

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

I agree with what has been said about Buckley - he looks a natural. I honestly can't see any point loaning him out when he can do a job for us.

Rothwell was good in the first half but frustrating in the second but him getting a lot more game time than most could be an indication that he is going to be key for us this season.

One or two still look a little off the pace to me yet with games running out. I'd have liked to see us tested more against better sides.

To me it looks like he was playing with the B team and indicates that he won't start vs Charlton. The lineup vs Blackpool at the weekend will likely be the team that starts vs Charlton so it'll be very interesting to see who starts.

• Like 1

Definitely the B team last night, the "A" team is the one that started at Rangers, and will probably start on Sat and against Charlton.

Rothwell back on the bench for another 6 months.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

I appreciate the extra details about the match, but you've completely missed the point of my post. No bother though.

Having now read not at stupid o'clock, I see!

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I notice as well it looked like the players were doing a more structured and intense warm up before the game. Did Johnson take that? 

Johnson definitely did the back four defensive line drills but I think Lowe took the rest. 

Hopefully he will have some influence over the manager this season. He seems far more dynamic and positive, and Mowbray needs a bit of that I think. Sometimes older managers in every walk of life carry the scars of past failures around with them and can benefit from the fearlessness of a younger person without the same baggage. 

I think they can potentially be terrific together.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Johnson definitely did the back four defensive line drills but I think Lowe took the rest. 

Hopefully he will have some influence over the manager this season. He seems far more dynamic and positive, and Mowbray needs a bit of that I think. Sometimes older managers in every walk of life carry the scars of past failures around with them and can benefit from the fearlessness of a younger person without the same baggage. 

I think they can potentially be terrific together.

They both have a philosophy of 'good, passing football', so hopefully Johnno can drag it back out of Mowbray instead of being cautious.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Buckley rightfully getting the plaudits but thought Brad Johnson was excellent first half too. Ran the show in midfield - constantly looking to get on the ball, passing forward, organising those around him. Very impressed.

I thought they linked up well together in particular.

Bury offered so little threat first half but Grayson looked quite good and also comfortable on the ball, nice to have a left footer too.