BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

He was referring to Jones. 

Well yes Jones was on my mind. If Buckley is as good as Duff how long do you expect him to stay? Club got 6 years out of Duff because Jack was around and then Abramovich showed up. If Buckley is as good there's little point getting excited if he's sold to the first bidder after 5 mins. That's the point being made.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Well yes Jones was on my mind. If Buckley is as good as Duff how long do you expect him to stay? Club got 6 years out of Duff because Jack was around and then Abramovich showed up. If Buckley is as good there's little point getting excited if he's sold to the first bidder after 5 mins. That's the point being made.

Well if he is as good as Duff we will get around £30 million for him, so happy days,. 

2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Depends how much his bint wife has spent. 

Are you sure? He was player of the season that year and that includes the 3 months Kidd was around. Dunn handed in a transfer request (while Parkes was caretaker) can't ever recall Duff handing in one.

When kidd was manager duff was dropped and would of been sold. Dunn was not featuring either and also would have been sold. Parkes reinstated them and then Souness built his team around them.

• 5 months later...

I thought he looked decent on the ball, tidy few touches, bit of pace, looked to get forwards. Also looked like he'd be brushed off the ball by passing butterflies.

It could be that once he's had a bit of first team football and got used to having to stand up to first team professionals he'll be fine, it happens sometimes, the step up can be a bit of a shock. Alternatively we need to lock him in the gym for a month or two.

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Needs a loan out to another club to get fans with a bit more patience - the "I want success this instant" here will never give him a chance

Its more, people can clearly see that the player is well out of his depth, and can you believe it, are stating that on an internet messageboard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Needs a loan out to another club to get fans with a bit more patience - the "I want success this instant" here will never give him a chance

“I want success this instant” - what a slur on your fellow fans! Assuming you are actually a Rovers fan.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Your post is contradictory. 
In the first sentence, you acknowledge that he needs a loan to another club.

Then you have a go at the fans for wanting success this instance for not giving him a chance. 

People want him to succeed, why wouldn’t they want any of our players to? 
If a player isn’t ready for the first team, they shouldn’t be playing in it. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, DanielMB said:

For me that second GIF is a freekick all day. 

Even as a Rovers fan, not on your nelly.

They both go at the ball at the same time, both using a high foot, Brum player gets it first. Don't think Buckley even knew he was there.

I'm not actually blaming the lad for that one, despite the temptation as at first glance it looks a little shambolic. But he absolutely was not fouled.

Thought he did a lovely pull back to lay a pass off at another point. But christ he is easy to push off the ball when players get close enough. Needs more core strength. Not necessarily muscle, but definitely strength. And physical knowhow.

And a loan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

They both go at the ball at the same time, both using a high foot, Brum player gets it first. Don't think Buckley even knew he was there.

I'm not actually blaming the lad for that one, despite the temptation as at first glance it looks a little shambolic. But he absolutely was not fouled.

Thought he did a lovely pull back to lay a pass off at another point. But christ he is easy to push off the ball when players get close enough. Needs more core strength. Not necessarily muscle, but definitely strength. And physical knowhow.

And a loan.

I was at the Rochdale game yesterday. There were a few similar " coming together " type incidents were the ref gave a freekick. Funnily enough they were usually given to Newcastle. I hadn't seen a Premier League team in the flesh for a while and I was amazed how much Premier League teams treat football as a non contact sport these days.. The slightest touch and down they went, nearly always followed by being given a free kick. Get into a tricky situation, just fall over, 90% of the time you'll get a free kick in your favour.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

And a loan.

Get him to Barrow for the rest of the season...although they are looking at promotion so he might not get into that team.....

I know the Charnock Richard manager, Buckley might do a job for them