BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tangerines vs. Rovers - PRE SEASON - 27th July 2019

50 minutes ago, renrag said:

It’s almost as bad! Anyway, shipping a few goals generally means the same thing

It doesn’t . If we won 4-2 how can that mean we lose. The fact I said it shows how desperate and concerned I am.

im confident that my rant at the start of the window and comment yesterday will become more understandable as the weeks roll on. It gives me no pleasure in saying that

as things stand I believe we are going to struggle

Would like to add a little on Mr Walton’s debut. 

Most of those around me, myself included, noted the big presence of Walton when we had possession. Constant communication with the back line, offering himself for passes, no hurried hoofs up field either.

He didn’t get tested too much in terms of his shot stopping, but already you can see he’s a better leader at the back than Raya was.

Just seen the Sky highlights of all Prem and Champ friendlies except one (yes, our's) including Leicester and Leicester under 23s!

Some take aways.

Bristol City- oh dear, they will be hoping they got rid of a season's worth of defensive calamities in one pre-season horror show.

Brentford- all three goals conceded were down to Raya mistakes. He also laid out an opposition forward with a misdirected kick. 

Fulham and Watford both playing in halves this season.

Shawcross injury at Stoke looks a horror.  

• Like 2

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Need more from Dack this season but looks lacklustre and uninspiring to press.

Word to the wise Bradley....get your head sorted out,get shut of you know who and put yourself and your career first before you lose the lot.

My worry with Dack is that after he didn't get to leave Gillingham one summer, he had a bit of a lacklustre followup season. He was then able to secure a cut-price move to a bigger club for what I think was about half of his previous value. I worry he might think if his form dips with us, the same thing will happen so he's fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Would like to add a little on Mr Walton’s debut. 

Most of those around me, myself included, noted the big presence of Walton when we had possession. Constant communication with the back line, offering himself for passes, no hurried hoofs up field either.

He didn’t get tested too much in terms of his shot stopping, but already you can see he’s a better leader at the back than Raya was.

Walton looked awful, were you and I at the same game? There was one corner in particular where he appeared to hide behind Graham instead of coming out to claim it, the ball ended up inside his 6 yard box. Early days but he wasn’t impressive and looked like a downgrade on Raya.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Walton looked awful, were you and I at the same game? There was one corner in particular where he appeared to hide behind Graham instead of coming out to claim it, the ball ended up inside his 6 yard box. Early days but he wasn’t impressive and looked like a downgrade on Raya.

Clearly watched a different game to me, or you didn’t watch him at all then. He had nothing to do, his distribution and calmness on the ball was So much better than Raya. Downgrade my arse!

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Clearly watched a different game to me, or you didn’t watch him at all then. He had nothing to do, his distribution and calmness on the ball was So much better than Raya. Downgrade my arse!

If anyone else at the game yesterday came away thinking that he looked impressive I’ll be shocked, he didn’t. He didn’t have anything to do because he stood on his line rather than coming out to collect crosses. Really can’t believe that you picked him out to say he played well, screams of you seeing what you wanted to see.

• J*B unpinned this topic
17 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

If anyone else at the game yesterday came away thinking that he looked impressive I’ll be shocked, he didn’t. He didn’t have anything to do because he stood on his line rather than coming out to collect crosses. Really can’t believe that you picked him out to say he played well, screams of you seeing what you wanted to see.

So you are judging him on what he didn't do. A strange way to look at it, but hey-ho. I thought he looked at ease with the game, he seemed to communicate with the rest of the team. A clean sheet is always a good game for a defence.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, rigger said:

So you are judging him on what he didn't do. A strange way to look at it, but hey-ho. I thought he looked at ease with the game, he seemed to communicate with the rest of the team. A clean sheet is always a good game for a defence.

Yah, just ignore the rest of the sentence.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Yah, just ignore the rest of the sentence.

I did because I don't agree with it. In my opinion he did not stay on his line, he did in fact collect the majority of crosses that he faced. Because he didn't face many shots or crosses doesn't mean he can't deal with them.

4 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't read it often! The first time would have been in the early 50's!  :o

Let me fill you in then. I don't know if they even use an editor. Spelling and grammar mistakes are genuinely that rife. Look out for their tendency to overuse and misuse the word 'admit', too.

On 29/07/2019 at 08:12, 47er said:

I don't read it often! The first time would have been in the early 50's!  :o

Sports pink? Probably when Alf Thornton used to report Rovers. Or maybe before.