BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tangerines vs. Rovers - PRE SEASON - 27th July 2019

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Good for Brereton.

I'd install him as first choice up front  for the chance he's never had but I'd guess even if he scored 5 today he'd still be relegated to the bench with DG plodding around next Saturday.

I would too, to keep the confidence and momentum going. However, he'll probably be on the bench with Rothwell and Nyembe watching Bennett and Tony's favourite players.

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Dack has done the square root of fuck all. I can’t help but think we have lost the chance to sell high.

Is he still with that vacuous wannabe reality TV "star"?

(I would call her worse but got pulled up by the PC brigade last time I did so)

• Like 1

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Did he not play 90 minutes in mid week ?

He did, but if the aim was to play your strongest team today, then he wouldnt have given him 90 midweek if he planned starting him v charlton

Hope Im wrong but it looks like he will be on the bench next sat

• Like 1

It's a pre season friendly for goodness sake. No one is going to overly  push themselves. It's always been the way and always will be. Bit concerning though if Mowbray can't (or refuses) to see that Rothwell must start the season as first choice a/m and both Nyambe and JRC are far superior to Bennett wherever they play. Ben looks lively and confident. So he won't start. DG and BD looked off the pace but that may just be the pre season mindset as they are guaranteed a start. There's no way Gallagher is a winger so he is a shoehorn in for wide left and Arma wide right whilst the wingers we do have will not get anywhere near the starting 11. Then the rest of the defence .....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, imy9 said:

3 converted midfield players playing in defence. Nyambe and Bell at full backs are at least playing in their correct positions. 

I hold little faith in this season now. Kills me to say it, last game before the start of the season. 

Nyambe is still picking up his fitness after ACN - and Bell was injured during pre-season,

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good for Brereton.

I'd install him as first choice up front  for the chance he's never had but I'd guess even if he scored 5 today he'd still be relegated to the bench with DG plodding around next Saturday.

Starting to get.the impression you are not fond of Graham Rev heh heh.

Just now, Stuart said:

I think we now know why we chose such deadbeat opposition for our pre-season campaign. It papers over a lot of cracks.

August is going to be very interesting.

I don't know if interesting is the right word.  I am not sure what is but most of them are not good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Change in the laws: play out from the back rather than the 40:60 generally lose possession long kick. I expect to see it become the norm this season.

I expect to see us get robbed in possession in a dangerous area doing it,  resulting in a goal, at least one or two times.

• Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

I don't know if interesting is the right word.  I am not sure what is but most of them are not good.

Well, it’s possible that Mowbray will be right about this defence and right to swap one keeper with potential with another keeper with potential, and the fans who doubt him will be (happily) proven wrong.

We are due sterner tests that we have had. Mowbray now has to turn this positive pre-season into momentum going into the season. Have we won every pre-season game? The last time I remember doing so wel we went on to have a stinker of a season.

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

How did Downing fair at LB?

The main thing I noticed with him was a moment where he seemed to think he could take the same risks near our area as he can take in midfield and we lost the ball as a result. He looked much better in his forays further forward, I recall him doing very decent things on three occasions, all in the opposition half. It's almost as if he is some sort of midfielder and not actually a left back? Can't be.

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

Well, it’s possible that Mowbray will be right about this defence and right to swap one keeper with potential with another keeper with potential, and the fans who doubt him will be (happily) proven wrong.

We are due sterner tests that we have had. Mowbray now has to turn this positive pre-season into momentum going into the season. Have we won every pre-season game? The last time I remember doing so wel we went on to have a stinker of a season.

All except the draw at Rangers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Hope nyambe is our first choice right back, if he isn’t he’d we well within his rights to want to move on 

Long held suspicion since he was dropped for a spell last season that he'll be forced into a move eventually i think they smell a few more million in transfer funds here.

January will be interesting where he's concerned.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Long held suspicion since he was dropped for a spell last season that he'll be forced into a move eventually i think they smell a few more million in transfer funds here.

January will be interesting where he's concerned.

Doubt they'll get a few million while benching him for Bennett. As a buyer I'd look at that and think, "They don't rate him, we'll get him on the cheap."