BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tangerines vs. Rovers - PRE SEASON - 27th July 2019

Interesting to see Mowbray say that 'in an ideal world we would have been up against a premier league side'. I wonder why we weren't? I noticed a lot of Championship teams playing either Premier teams or top flight teams from other major European leagues. Let's hope that we aren't off the pace early doors.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/mowbray-thatll-do-me/

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Interesting to see Mowbray say that 'in an ideal world we would have been up against a premier league side'. I wonder why we weren't? I noticed a lot of Championship teams playing either Premier teams or top flight teams from other major European leagues. Let's hope that we aren't off the pace early doors.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/mowbray-thatll-do-me/

He lamented the lack of a prestige friendly at Ewood earlier in the summer. Seems we just couldn't arrange one.

Probably the same team negotiating friendlies as negotiating transfers...

• Like 5

Just now, bluebruce said:

He lamented the lack of a prestige friendly at Ewood earlier in the summer. Seems we just couldn't arrange one.

Probably the same team negotiating friendlies as negotiating transfers...

Bit a shit show all round isn’t it! From the scouting team, through to the ability to organise friendlies. Venus solely taking care of the whole transfer process. Just can’t fathom how we can be this far behind.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, Ossydave said:

Getting beyond ridiculous on here, we've just played one of the most famous old clubs in football last week and people are crying because we didn't bow down and play a premiership team

Bow down? No clue what you mean.

It is getting a bit ridiculous though. You're not allowed to have an opinion if it's remotely critical anymore. Best have a word with the manager, who said himself he wanted to be playing a Premier League team at this stage.

Or you could have a word with yourself.

• Like 6

Just now, bluebruce said:

Bow down? No clue what you mean.

It is getting a bit ridiculous though. You're not allowed to have an opinion if it's remotely critical anymore. Best have a word with the manager, who said himself he wanted to be playing a Premier League team at this stage.

Or you could have a word with yourself.

Rangers are actually into their season playing competitive European games, but no let's play west ham reserves instead eh?

• Like 2

Just now, Ossydave said:

Getting beyond ridiculous on here, we've just played one of the most famous old clubs in football last week and people are crying because we didn't bow down and play a premiership team

It was our own manager who said of todays game 'in an ideal world we would have been up against a premier league side'. And whilst I have no ill will to Bury or Blackpool I would not call either them one of them one of the most famous clubs in football.

Edited by Ewood Ace

It was our own manager who said of todays game 'in an ideal world we would have been up against a premier league side'. And whilst I have no ill will to Bury or Blackpool I would not call either them one of them one of the most famous clubs in football.

He was referring to Rangers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

So Tony is trying to do what Klopp did with Milner isn't he?

Yeah you’ve gotta love him. He clearly has a mentally image of his lads that bears no resemblance to reality. Unless he sorts that defence out for real and not in fantasy world we could be in serious trouble.

Apologies. Just seen it on the other thread.

I am beyond astounded. I think we've got to the bottom of our failings in the transfer market. I always blamed Waggott.

26 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I give up, I really really do ???

53 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How can they be one of the most famous old clubs in the football when they have only been in existence for 7 years?

Do you really know nothing about football. You should have been in the Lounden last Sunday.

Choice of pre-season friendlies is an interesting one.

As some have said - what is better a Premiership team playing their reserves or a local rival putting their heart and soul into a match (some of the tackles today from both teams would have warranted yellow cards at least) 

In terms of preparation - most teams in the Championship are more hard work and running off the ball than they are finesse - so what is better preparation for a Championship season ?

Personally after watching today - I don't feel we are ready - but that is more to do with us not getting in a stronger defender to partner Lenihan prior to the start of the season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Just got in. 

First mention of Armstrong's 3rd minute goal on here seems to have been at half time.

This really is the miserable old guys home from home.

I agree with you Philip. I put it on amazed that no one else had bothered. I can’t quite believe that more than one poster wanted us to lose heavily today so that the management team would realise we had a problem in defence.

I’m sure they are aware of the situation as it’s their livelihood on the line every single week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Walton

JRC, Nyambe, Lenihan, Grayson

Travis, Dack, Johnson

Brereton, Gallagher, Armstrong

Bell at Left Back for now, and Rothwell for Gallagher, switch with Brereton. If Tony is telling truths about players being evaluated in friendlies, that should be the team vs Charlton.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I agree with you Philip. I put it on amazed that no one else had bothered. I can’t quite believe that more than one poster wanted us to lose heavily today so that the management team would realise we had a problem in defence.

I’m sure they are aware of the situation as it’s their livelihood on the line every single week.

No one mentioned losing. Ship a few goals was the phrase

i appreciated your updates anyway

thanks