BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tugay just got his own song

• Moderation Lead

Went college with this lad, didn’t know he was still on the music thing! 

Even as a huge fan of hip hop and the subject matter of the song, I wasn’t a fan of this tune at all....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Even as a huge fan of hip hop and the subject matter of the song, I wasn’t a fan of this tune at all....

Same, same and same.

When I was young I considered whether to try being a rapper (I actually made a little song with a Scottish lad that briefly reached 3rd on a UK hiphop download chart). But you have to sound like where you come from really, and a Lancs accent doesn't suit hiphop. So I didn't bother. This video has reassured me I made the right choice.

Credit to the lad for trying though, and I reckon he's thoroughly enjoying himself. Bit of a spurious link between Tugay and thievery though! A couple of the lines were ok.

16 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

A hip hop musician called Bill Shakes. Performs in a Rovers shirt with a lancs accent. Unexpected.

https://youtu.be/NnnD77UJW7c

This is weird, I was randomly showing my partner some of his other work yesterday. He's a friend of mine and a really decent lad. We went to school together and listened to hip hop tapes on the bus home from school. Not seen him for a while but always have a good chat. 

It's funny how quick people are to mock just because they don't get it. The scene he's involved in is a good one but you're not supposed to take it too seriously. He doesn't pretend to be someone he's not, he represents his accent and his roots, even if they're not considered cool but at least it's real, many of the guys from his scene are the same... Same can't be said for a lot of the fake, money grabbing, manufactured artists out there. 

Yeah it's not polished, yeah it's a bit of a laugh but it certainly doesn't mean it's shit. I'm proud of him. 

For people who want to know more, I liked this one he did in 'Cult of the Damned'. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 4

On 28/07/2019 at 00:55, Neal said:

This is weird, I was randomly showing my partner some of his other work yesterday. He's a friend of mine and a really decent lad. We went to school together and listened to hip hop tapes on the bus home from school. Not seen him for a while but always have a good chat. 

It's funny how quick people are to mock just because they don't get it. The scene he's involved in is a good one but you're not supposed to take it too seriously. He doesn't pretend to be someone he's not, he represents his accent and his roots, even if they're not considered cool but at least it's real, many of the guys from his scene are the same... Same can't be said for a lot of the fake, money grabbing, manufactured artists out there. 

Yeah it's not polished, yeah it's a bit of a laugh but it certainly doesn't mean it's shit. I'm proud of him. 

It's not that i don't get it, i just didn't like it.

As Stuart says, people should do what they love and if this is what this guy loves to do then all credit it to him for getting this far.

Again, huge credit to the bloke if he's not trying to be something he isn't and yep he should be proud of his achievements.

Music is obviously hugely subjective and this guys work just won't be for everyone, that's just the way life is.