BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kevin Stonehouse

I remember Kevin with a lot of fondness. He was rovers version of David Fairclough. Don’t really know what happened to him after leaving Ewood, but he certainly made an impression on me when he was here.

RIP Kevin. Loved watching you.

Edited by den
  • Like 9

Ah this is sad news. I was just talking about him the other day to someone. Our version of David Fairclough both in looks and in impact.

It’s always sad when we lose a member of the Rovers family, but at such a young age it seems even more of a blow.

RIP Kev x

• Like 1

I was telling my son about Kevin the other night at the Bury game. Chris Taylor was warming up right in front of us and I remarked that I always called him Kevin Stonehouse as I thought they looked alike.

I think he scored in the dreaded away game at Bristol Rovers on the day we just missed out on the first division. A penalty I think but not sure. The clip above against Watford brings back very happy memories of my formative years standing up on the wall on the Riverside peering through the red bars.

RIP Kevin.

• Like 5

He was always a real tryer; 100% effort. Doesn't it  speak volumes about his impact over only 4 seasons - I'd have thought his career with us was longer - that he's being remembered with such affection?

RIP, Kevin.

• Like 2

Remember him from early years starting going on Ewood as a youngster he stood out with his hair and sheer put it about effort when he came on. Always liked him then he just seemed to disappear no idea why but surely he was handy to keep around ?

Came across him on twitter a few times he was clearly still taking a big interest in Rovers, lesser grafters than him retire from the game loaded these days they really don't know how lucky they have it.

RIP

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Remember him from early years starting going on Ewood as a youngster he stood out with his hair and sheer put it about effort when he came on. Always liked him then he just seemed to disappear no idea why but surely he was handy to keep around ?

Came across him on twitter a few times he was clearly still taking a big interest in Rovers, lesser grafters than him retire from the game loaded these days they really don't know how lucky they have it.

RIP

He followed BRFCS & numerous other Rovers fans on Twitter & did RT us occasionally which always made me feel a little warmer inside 

• Like 5

I don't know if some far more computer-literate than me - not difficult! - member can transfer this thread to the "In memoriam" Board?

I've just visited that Board and had a wonderful 1/4 hour reading about my heroes from the era beginning with the team that got back to the old Division 1 in 1957.

So sad to read how many of those players have died so young.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

When people take over an historic organisation, they often talk about preserving the golden thread.

Well, these owners and their employees certainly didn't do that, did they.

Who knows, someone might even get the ridiculous idea of raising matchday prices after midday!

Venkys out, never forgive, never forget.