BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool fan (I come in peace )

First of all. You lot thoroughly deserved the win yesterday. I thought the turnout from the rovers fans was decent too considering the shambolic weather.

I was just after your opinions on Joe Nuttall. We are being quite strongly linked with him and some sources suggest the deal could be completed by as early as tomorrow evening. 

Do you think he could do a decent job in League One if we do indeed sign him?

Regards.

He'll be OK as a goal-scorer at League 1 but will still need some patience. When he got a few games for us in that league, he did score a couple but it never led anywhere. Got to be honest, he really needs a move to a club where he is undisputed first choice up front playing to his strengths in the 6-yard box. Best of luck to him.

As someone who went yesterday, I thought it was a lot more even than you seem to. Our lack of energy from back to front played into your counter attacking plan and a few scrambles could have gone the other way and led to goals. Admittedly, we had an extra gear to give if we'd needed it.

Edited by Riverside under the drip

I'm sure he will be a regular starter as we are very weak in the forward department (as you may have noticed yesterday when our main striker balooned an absolute sitter out of the ground). Hopefully we will get the deal done and he can help us with a promotion push.

Was impressed with your number 7 by the way. Very lively. Dack on the other hand, looked pretty disinterested. Although it was only a friendly, granted.

Nuttall scored 2 goals today for the U23s against a full strength Southport FC team.

First was a peach, free kick, outside the box, keeper didn’t even move as it went in off the post. Great technique.

Second was a right place right time effort.

I think it would probably gone in any way, but Joe was there to apply the finishing touch just to make sure.

IMO he really needs to be playing first team football somewhere.

if he does move on a permanent basis then I hope Rovers build in a future sell on clause, because he does have a very handy knack for scoring goals.

Edited by john.leigh
Typo
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Whenever he’s played in our reserves he’s scored goals, he’s nabbed a few in the first team as well.

He has a knack for it, he’ll get scruffy goals, off his face, arse or otherwise, that’s a gift that’s great for a striker to have.

Could easily see him hit double figures with a season in league one

1 hour ago, Tangerine53 said:

First of all. You lot thoroughly deserved the win yesterday. I thought the turnout from the rovers fans was decent too considering the shambolic weather.

I was just after your opinions on Joe Nuttall. We are being quite strongly linked with him and some sources suggest the deal could be completed by as early as tomorrow evening. 

Regards.

I think he'd be a great signing for you. Grayson knows what he's doing. As I said in another thread, I'd back him to be in the top 5 scorers in League One if he plays regularly in the right setup. I don't know whether your current team are that setup, but I rate Grayson.

Whether you'll be pleased with his all-round contribution may be another matter, but if you feed him he'll score. He has that poacher's instinct. Personally I think our fans give other aspects of his game too little credit (he's quite a big lad and fairly strong), but it's true he's not a great all-rounder. One of our posters though, Stuart, seems to think he is better than our 7 million quid signing from last summer, Brereton.

One thing is for sure. He wouldn't have skied that chance your lad had against us. You look like you could use him!

I live in Blackpool btw, the match was only about a ten minute walk for me. I'd love to hear some of my work colleagues praising the Nutt, so I hope you get him and it goes well!

Edited by bluebruce

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

A more mobile, less bulky, Jason Roberts, imo.

I'd call him a less mobile, better finishing Jason Roberts.

Edit - to be clear though, I wouldn't really compare him to Roberts in any particular way. I just think he is less mobile not more, and a more proficient scorer.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tangerine53 said:

Regards.

Probably his level but IMHO he's a bit lazy.  Things like closing down the keeper or defender he looks like he is going through the motions rather than actually bustin a gut to get there. 

Just now, rigger said:

Personally I don't rate him. He doesn't create a lot, but his plus point is that he seems to be in the right place for tap-ins. He may improve, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Me neither. Doesn't work hard enough and lacks the basic skills to lead the forward line. He hasn't improved in his time at Ewood. Playing regularly will help him develop though and he and Blackpool could be good for each other. 

He's still all potential for what we have seen at Rovers. He's chipped in at a decent rate when he's played, but hasn't had enough game time to develop.

I think if he's going to flourish, Blackpool are perfect for him. He has good instincts as a striker, and despite a few comments about his attitude, has always struck me as a very motivated player. He seems to be getting his chance a little later than some, so seems (as much as you can tell) to really want to make the most of it. I have doubts about whether he'll ever have the touch or all round game to really make it in the top two divisions, but given enough room to develop and make mistakes, I can see it being a very good signing at L1 level.

Reed will end up going the same way as Gallagher if he wants to get his career moving. He'll have to find himself a Championship club and accept a reduced wage. The sad thing is if he wanted he could probably spend the remainder of his career hanging around the fringes of Southampton's bench getting very well paid for it but never playing, such is the level of cash about and the attraction of having a few British home grown players on the books.

I doubt we will see him back here given how we used him and the nature of his departure.

Real shame because other than Dack I think he's been Mowbray's best signing. Not only that but he delivers the 'versatility' that Mowbray loves but actually can play to a good level in numerous positions rather than 'can do a job' there.

• Like 1

I think he'd do well for Blackpool if played regularly, a lazy arse at times but most young modern strikers tend to be for some reason but he's an out and out goal poacher rather than grafter or target man.

He'll poach a few.