BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Just now, Ossydave said:

I meant the precious early days, she's 5 now and I'll spend time with her now this morning and when I get home later so I'm in a position to go to more games. Hoping she will actually want to come with me at some point.....Mum also had to work some weekends previously in her old job but doesn't now which helps.

Apologies I misunderstood and thought this was an ongoing reason.

I've just had a look on the ticketing website and I think someone has been on the fiddle. 

If you look at the JW stand I reckon there's at most 2,500 available seats. Logically in a stand of 11,000 capacity that would mean at least 8000-8500 sold or allocated. Add to that at least 3,500 in the BBE and another 2,500 in the Riverside and we should be well on the way to a gate of around 15,000 home fans before adding in Charlton and walk ons. 

I suspect when the figure is announced it will be 2000 or so short of that figure. 

It seems they are making substantial numbers of seats 'taken' in the JW upper when I don't think they will be.

Edited by JHRover

41 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A lot of that is your personal view on marketing, fair enough, and you are a fan that commits regardless.

Lapsed fans surely cannot just be left as ‘former fans’. May as well delete the database, as fans will find their way to Ewood regardless.

It's true this is a personal view on direct marketing. I would hazard a guess it's very common. We rarely answer the land line these days. I know many people who are the same.

Just now, JHRover said:

I've just had a look on the ticketing website and I think someone has been on the fiddle. 

If you look at the JW stand I reckon there's at most 2,500 available seats. Logically in a stand of 11,000 capacity that would mean at least 8000-8500 sold or allocated. Add to that at least 3,500 in the BBE and another 2,500 in the Riverside and we should be well on the way to a gate of around 15,000 home fans before adding in Charlton and walk ons. 

I suspect when the figure is announced it will be 2000 or so short of that figure. 

It seems they are making substantial numbers of seats 'taken' in the JW upper when I don't think they will be.

Would they not be give aways to players families and sponsors? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Would they not be give aways to players families and sponsors? 

Yes, but those numbers should be counted in the overall figure. What I'm saying is that the figure announced today and the seats taken on the website will be considerably different.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Presumably most of the 1,000 complementary STs will be in the JW?

As will complimentary match day tickets?

I know some are in the JW lower towards the Blackburn End but theres also some in the Blackburn End itself too.

Well we had almost 13000 home fans on today looking at the figures. Not brilliant but moving in the right direction. 

Shame about the performance and result. A good start and some optimism might have seen us build on those figures but a lot will have gone home disappointed.

• Like 1

Pies.

£3.60 today.

Anyone recall how much they were last year as I'd be amazed if they hadn't crept up by 15 to  20%

Also, I went with a guest today and left my seat at 3.35 to get a pie and a pint at half time. Got served at 4.02. He went for a social day out and thought that was ridiculous. It is but guess im used to it.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Hasta said:

Pies.

£3.60 today.

Anyone recall how much they were last year as I'd be amazed if they hadn't crept up by 15 to  20%

Also, I went with a guest today and left my seat at 3.35 to get a pie and a pint at half time. Got served at 4.02. He went for a social day out and though that was ridiculous. 

Price hikes across the board on food and drink dressed up as better quality/portions.

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well we had almost 13000 home fans on today looking at the figures. Not brilliant but moving in the right direction. 

Shame about the performance and result. A good start and some optimism might have seen us build on those figures but a lot will have gone home disappointed.

Not far off a thousand more than turned up for Millwall last season. Though that was the 2nd game of the campaign.

Around 2,000 up on the opening game against Norwich in the 2016/17 season.

So obviously a sign of optimism... alas typical Rovers to perform like that!

• Like 1

It was a decent turnout there was a good atmosphere at times. But yes, if you want to be hitting something near the 20ks again you need to get the Asian community hooked, at least a portion of them. That's up to the marketing/community team to figure out but clearly they can be doing a better job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Bburn end was rammed, not been like that for ages. Sadly after that performance I bet a big chunk of that support won't bother next game..  

That’s the frustrating thing. 13,000 home fans there yesterday; that’s roughly 4,500 walk ons based on the figures in Waggot’s LT interview. A decent convincing performance and some of those may have been persuaded to buy a season ticket; getting us closer to Waggots 10k figure.

Unfortunately Mowbray and his team served up a pathetic performance and I speculate the vast majority of those walk ons will be keeping their money in their pockets! 

Instead of bemoaning in an LT interview re season ticket sales, Waggot should be banging on Mowbrays door and telling him straight how the drivel served up yesterday has likely cost us in this regard. 

• Like 2

3,500 walk ons as in reality we have 9,500 issued STs that are counted in the crowd figure. Waggott has just decided to ignore the 1,000 complimentary STs that are always handed out and just talk about STs sold this summer.

The 8,500 figure has led to much confusion and has led to a lot of hand wringing, as it sounds much lower than usual, but in reality we have sold our usual Championship amount post 2012.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

3,500 walk ons as in reality we have 9,500 issued STs that are counted in the crowd figure. Waggott has just decided to ignore the 1,000 complimentary STs that are always handed out and just talk about STs sold this summer.

The 8,500 figure has led to much confusion and has led to a lot of hand wringing, as it sounds much lower than usual, but in reality we have sold our usual Championship amount post 2012.

I would say the actual figure does not matter, the point is still valid. We will probably loose a lot of the walk-ons after that performance. 

Edited by rigger

On 02/08/2019 at 23:40, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We've been here before...nothing nonsensical about it.

The indigenous Asian population of Blackburn have never backed the club in numbers and never will.

There have been some good points on this thread. One on particular is the generation problem. We don’t have enough of those generational hand-me-down fans to support Waggott’s current model - and he isn’t looking to attract new fans. Tell you what though sign a Muslim player of Indo-Pakistani heritage and that could change. If we can’t do that with Venkys USP then nobody can.

Alternatively we go cheap/subsidised and get people into the ground. Right now, the hardcore notion of “I pay £400+ therefore so should everyone else and I’ll oppose any scheme to make it cheaper” is going to kill us.

Third option is completely unpalatable to fans, (despite it making the most sense) because of tribal notions from those 150-year traditions. Someone needs to buy Bury’s league share, relocate to Leyland, and create Lancashire County FC, á la MK Dons. That will be a tough few years for them though.

North west club either need to adapt or die, regardless of their position on the ladder.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

There have been some good points on this thread. One on particular is the generation problem. We don’t have enough of those generational hand-me-down fans to support Waggott’s current model - and he isn’t looking to attract new fans. Tell you what though sign a Muslim player of Indo-Pakistani heritage and that could change. If we can’t do that with Venkys USP then nobody can.

Alternatively we go cheap/subsidised and get people into the ground. Right now, the hardcore notion of “I pay £400+ therefore so should everyone else and I’ll oppose any scheme to make it cheaper” is going to kill us.

Third option is completely unpalatable to fans, (despite it making the most sense) because of tribal notions from those 150-year traditions. Someone needs to buy Bury’s league share, relocate to Leyland, and create Lancashire County FC, á la MK Dons. That will be a tough few years for them though.

North west club either need to adapt or die, regardless of their position on the ladder.

Hmm, I wonder where I’ve heard that before?

Just now, old darwen blue said:

Hmm, I wonder where I’ve heard that before?

What’s your suggestion for increasing the gate, odb?

Because Waggott’s is to increase prices/charges and then continuously blame feckless fans - that’s really going to work, eh?

Get these Venky gobbins to finance a serious promotion push into the top flight....the only way we will see attendances grow.

Do they still not realize promotion back to where the Club was when they acquired us benefits everyone,and I mean everyone?

It all comes back to the Rao's...what do they want from us,what are their ambitions?

Round and round we go.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Get these Venky gobbins to finance a serious promotion push into the top flight....the only way we will see attendances grow.

Do they still not realize promotion back to where the Club was when they acquired us benefits everyone,and I mean everyone?

It all comes back to the Rao's...what do they want from us,what are their ambitions?

Round and round we go.

No idea but if Barry is planning on throwing a big bash to celebrate 10 glorious years in charge next season, you would think he would like during it ,a live game on the big screen fed from the Indian national sports channel showing his baby vs United , city , Spurs etc rather than Luton or Barnsley (if they /we stay up) on a  ifollow stream .

An achievement highlight reel 170+ million pounds later of finishing runners up in the Third division and forfeiting a league cup quarter final won't impress his buddies

Edited by perthblue02

45 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

I was actually referring to Thenodrogs suggestion many years ago!

My suggestion is simple. More promotion of dirt cheap season tickets like Bradford did recently. 

£99 for a Dad and Lad at Valley Parade the other year. 

Not many Asian takers unfortunately.