BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

4 hours ago, Gary C said:

Yep. The club should try and do something with the kids to encourage them to sing songs about their favourite players. They are the next generation of fans and they would generate a lot of noise to get behind the team

Agree but first the kids need to be inspired by a hero out there in blue and white. Kids love a super hero. Mine was Simon Garner. Hell.. grown ups love a super hero too.

And if the adults are singing then kids love to copy the grown ups. Its just how it works. 

Who will excite them and inspire them to sing ?

Where is the next hero in blue and white ?

One Simon Garner

Shearer Shearer

Tugay Tugay

Mo Salah Mo Salah 

Sat in silence down Ewood with no super heros.

No inspiration. No excitement. No noise.

Its freezing Dad, can I have some chips and a coke with ice.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

£20 for West Brom.

Shame they’ll be paying £28 when they come here. This ‘reciprocal policy’ only seems to come into being when it is to rip off Leeds and Sheff Wed fans.

Precisely. Waggott goes on about 'reciprocal pricing' as though he would prefer to charge Leeds and Wednesday less than we are and are only reacting to their pricing. But everything he has done here has been the opposite and he'll milk the Leeds fans for every penny. 

The proof will be when WBA come to town. Nothing stopping us charging £20 an adult but Waggott will expect them to bring 3000+ so will charge them £30.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:33, OldEwoodBlue said:

Agree but first the kids need to be inspired by a hero out there in blue and white. Kids love a super hero. Mine was Simon Garner. Hell.. grown ups love a super hero too.

And if the adults are singing then kids love to copy the grown ups. Its just how it works. 

Who will excite them and inspire them to sing ?

Where is the next hero in blue and white ?

One Simon Garner

Shearer Shearer

Tugay Tugay

Mo Salah Mo Salah 

Sat in silence down Ewood with no super heros.

No inspiration. No excitement. No noise.

Its freezing Dad, can I have some chips and a coke with ice.

In the family stand the club could do a bit more to get the kids going those happy clapping things they had at Fulham the other year, I don't know if rover the dog could be based the permanently with to give the kids something else to focus on as like a cheerleader, there's loads of kids in that stand aged 2 - 5 and there isn't anything to keep them occupied.

Even if we played like City they won't watch the whole game or will only watch in fits and starts. Strikers lounge needs a freshen up its such a good idea and with a bit of thought it could be amazing, but the club don't seem to want to do anymore.

West Brom prices really nice. After a good day there last year, cheap tickets and around payday, I'm sure we'll have a fair few on for this one.

9 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

West Brom prices really nice. After a good day there last year, cheap tickets and around payday, I'm sure we'll have a fair few on for this one.

We've filled a 32 seater and more after getting involved. Worth going for the Vine alone ?

Boro sold around 2.5k for tomorrow so it's a pity we've had a bad start or it could have been a half decent gate.  This shitty weather combined with that plus the Waggot tax will probably put a few off now but it might scrape a shade over 15k.

The whole thing has been nonsensical. 

Waggott said the other week ‘we want to give our team an advantage so they are going upstairs’ (not sure I agree personally, just makes Ewood seem like a morgue, but fine).

However he added a caveat, if he thinks they are bringing more than 2k they are downstairs, anything less upstairs. Surely an away following of 2/3k is much more likely to aid the opposition in terms of vocal support than 500? So shouldn’t it be the other way round?

Though perhaps he’s finally worked it out, ergo Boro upstairs. 

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, pk1875 said:

One of the contributing factor to some no longer going. The DE liked to be near the away fans, so the club close the DE to home fans and move away fans to other side of lower tier or top tier simply to appease Caley and his useless mob.

One of the main reasons I don't go the odd few games anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

To be honest I tried the JW lower and it was good, but then they started moving the away fans across and upstairs which killed the atmosphere. I will miss around half the home games due to work but still bought season tickets. This year we have not renewed had we still been in DE or near away fans I would probably have still renewed.

On 06/08/2019 at 21:47, old darwen blue said:

Well worth a watch this chap, love the line at 16:46

Thanks for posting this, old darwen blue. His programme's on a bit late for this old beggar and I'd never thought of recording it before watching this clip.

As regards the broader issue of attracting people from families whose first language at home is Urdu, and writing as one who now lives elsewhere in what used to be the industrial heartland of 'the old Lancashire', I think that the best we can do is for each of us to make small steps to offer the blue & white scarf of friendship. I may be wrong; but it feels like this season, we have more fans whose first language is Urdu than before.

In my working career, I quite often came into contact with families who spoke Urdu at home. Picking up Tex's point towards the end of the clip, I learned over the years of doing my job, how to pronounce a few - very basic - phrases of Urdu and it surprised me how pleased native Urdu-speakers seemed to be that even if I hadn't pronounced the words properly, at least I'd made an effort..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pk1875 said:

One of the contributing factor to some no longer going. The DE liked to be near the away fans, so the club close the DE to home fans and move away fans to other side of lower tier or top tier simply to appease Caley and his useless mob.

2 hours ago, AAK said:

2 hours ago, pk1875 said:

To be honest I tried the JW lower and it was good, but then they started moving the away fans across and upstairs which killed the atmosphere. I will miss around half the home games due to work but still bought season tickets. This year we have not renewed had we still been in DE or near away fans I would probably have still renewed.

Basically more interested in singing at the away support than supporting and watching Rovers.

I find that astonishing. If you crave an atmosphere create one by supporting the team.

I've never wanted to sit by the away fans Paul. However at most away grounds I have been to there have been numerous home fans who obviously regularly sit close to the travelling support exchanging what they probably see as 'banter'. As astonishing as it may seem to you, it's something that a large number of people like to do at most clubs up and down the country. Why are we trying to upset or inconvenience these fans?

I posted after the Charlton game that I went with an armchair football fan who doesn't attend many games at all. He was looking forward to coming, and at half time he wanted a pie and a pint. We arrived at the kiosk queue at 3.38 and got served at 4.03pm. We thus missed a chunk of the first half, and because we had to drink the beer a chunk of the second half. He went for a fun day out and found that ridiculous.

Now you and me may go to purely watch the game, but the matchday experience is different things to different people.  If, as a club, we ignore what people want and expect from a match day experience, we can't be surprised if some people then choose not to attend.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The whole thing has been nonsensical. 

Waggott said the other week ‘we want to give our team an advantage so they are going upstairs’ (not sure I agree personally, just makes Ewood seem like a morgue, but fine).

However he added a caveat, if he thinks they are bringing more than 2k they are downstairs, anything less upstairs. Surely an away following of 2/3k is much more likely to aid the opposition in terms of vocal support than 500? So shouldn’t it be the other way round?

Though perhaps he’s finally worked it out, ergo Boro upstairs. 

Finally worked it out? Doesn't a lifetime in football tell anyone that?

In 40 years watching Rovers, the best atmospheres home and away have been those with plenty of home and away fans close to the pitch.

All this mucking about closing stands is losing home fans and moving away fans must be about money because both are doing nowt for atmosphere.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hasta said:

I've never want to sit by the away fans Paul. However at most away grounds I have been to there have been numerous home fans who obviously regularly sit close to the travelling support exchanging what they probably see as 'banter'. As astonishing as it may seem to you, it's something that a large number of people like to do at most clubs up and down the country. Why are we trying to upset or inconvenience these fans?

I posted after the Charlton game that I went with an armchair football fan who doesn't attend many games at all. He was looking forward to coming, and at half time he wanted a pie and a pint. We arrived at the kiosk queue at 3.38 and got served at 4.03pm. We thus missed a chunk of the first half, and because we had to drink the beer a chunk of the second half. He went for a fun day out and found that ridiculous.

Now you and me may go to purely watch the game, but the matchday experience is different things to different people.  If, as a club, we ignore what people want and expect from a match day experience, we can't be surprised if some people then choose not to attend.

Getting a pint at half time means going downstairs about 3.30pm it's a joke. Pouring pints of Fosters one at a time on a pump when they have a machine that does about 6 at once? I'd say we're one of, if not the worst grounds in the league for it. Best is easily Bristol City. The bar/food setup there is brilliant and the choice something else too!

Against Charlton I did clock that in the smoking area they open up at the Bburn end there's someone pouring pints though so if you head out there as soon as the doors open you get served straightaway. Perhaps shouldn't be telling everyone that ?‍♂️?

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Basically more interested in singing at the away support than supporting and watching Rovers.

I find that astonishing. If you crave an atmosphere create one by supporting the team.

Sit there quietly, be happy and gently clap if we happen to get a corner.

Another "I am a super fan" telling inferior supporters how to support the team.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 1