BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Against Charlton I did clock that in the smoking area they open up at the Bburn end there's someone pouring pints though so if you head out there as soon as the doors open you get served straightaway. Perhaps shouldn't be telling everyone that ?‍♂️?

OK. Ta. You can edit and delete that now ?

I fancied going today,I have a rare weekend off but I live about 16 Miles from Ewood 32 mile round-trip.I looked at the prices and I really can't afford it especially with the extra for turning up on the day (shame on me).It just doesn't make any sense to me,can we really afford to turn away supporters so easily.

Whatever they are doing isn't working there should never really be less than 12/12.5k home fans on even for midtable Rovers.

They won't bother though because for once a club brought a good following to boost the takings.   Likely to be some dismal midweek winter home turnouts this season when big followings aren't the case.

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:56, Paul said:

Basically more interested in singing at the away support than supporting and watching Rovers.

I find that astonishing. If you crave an atmosphere create one by supporting the team.

I suspect your supporting of the team, does little or nothing to add to the match day atmosphere. Believe it or not your average football fan can multi task by both singing and watching the match. And yes I enjoy the tribal aspect of being near the opposing fans, football is a tribal game our team Vs your team.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, phooey said:

I fancied going today,I have a rare weekend off but I live about 16 Miles from Ewood 32 mile round-trip.I looked at the prices and I really can't afford it especially with the extra for turning up on the day (shame on me).It just doesn't make any sense to me,can we really afford to turn away supporters so easily.

Just order your tickets online then the day before, it's really not difficult if you want to go.

• Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

Just order your tickets online then the day before, it's really not difficult if you want to go.

Had it been lashing it down, I suspect he would not have 'fancied going today'.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Even without the rise it was £30-£32 in the Jack Walker, £28 in the Blackburn End. (Post 12pm - £31 -£35)

Absolutely crackers for a club like us and with nearly 20,000 empty seats most weeks. Especially when it was only priced as an ‘A’ game to fleece 2,000+ Boro fans.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Even without the rise it was £30-£32 in the Jack Walker, £28 in the Blackburn End. (Post 12pm - £31 -£35)

Absolutely crackers for a club like us and with nearly 20,000 empty seats most weeks. Especially when it was only priced as an ‘A’ game to fleece 2,000+ Boro fans.

Yeah but if they sign up to the "1875 true Supporters club", buy their tickets 14 days in advance, log on to rovers.co.uk 3 times a week, reply and retweet 5 rovers twitter posts and then say Balajiman 3 times into a mirror, they would get tickets cheaper. Then it would only be the away fans we were consciously screwing over.

If they were a proper fan they would.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Everything we do smacks of a business plan that makes sense... on paper.

In reality ordinary Blackburners are being priced out.

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Actually sometimes it is. People's opportunity to go to Rovers suddenly changes, other commitments get cancelled last minute, the mate you want to go with, who said he couldn't go says he can at the last minute. It's ridiculous to charge more for something like a football match just because people cant commit in advance. For example, I was coming back from holiday yesterday and might have been able to get there, but it would have been close so I wouldn't have bought tickets in advance, but if I'd got back in time why would I have wanted to pay extra to go. It's just daft. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Actually sometimes it is. People's opportunity to go to Rovers suddenly changes, other commitments get cancelled last minute, the mate you want to go with, who said he couldn't go says he can at the last minute. It's ridiculous to charge more for something like a football match just because people cant commit in advance. For example, I was coming back from holiday yesterday and might have been able to get there, but it would have been close so I wouldn't have bought tickets in advance, but if I'd got back in time why would I have wanted to pay extra to go. It's just daft. 

I personally don't mind paying a few quid extra in circumstances like what you've just described, I certainly wouldn't let it stop me going if I really wanted to. I don't wish to knock people who object to it though, I get it.

As a season ticket holder, I just find the matchday prices eye watering. £35 if you made a late decision to go to the game yesterday and you fancied the Jack Walker.

Looking at it objectively it’s bloody bonkers for mid table second division football in an area like ours.

• Like 2

The admission prices are just too high.

Max should be £20.

In the short-term ending the relentless rises would hit income, but:

1 - Our fan base would stop diminishing, and therefore in the long-term be beneficial.

2 - The short term loss could and should be covered with trimming a little off the fringe squad.

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

It was cheaper to watch Rovers on Tuesday night than watch Chorley

Not surpirsed, it was the equivalant of a pre season friendly, it should have beem free.

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I personally don't mind paying a few quid extra in circumstances like what you've just described, I certainly wouldn't let it stop me going if I really wanted to. I don't wish to knock people who object to it though, I get it.

Perhaps you don't but then you're a fan. To get more fans we need to get people hooked on going to the match and get more casuals in. Suppose a mate rings you the day before and asks if you fancy going and tells you it's £25. You're not really a fan but you might fancy going for an afternoon out with a mate, have a few drinks and maybe make an evening of it after but you can't quite decide. He rings again next day to check if you're up for it but then tells you it's now £28. That's the cost of one of your drinks. However you dress it up its still a disgrace to charge more just because people want the freedom to make a choice late on. I've never been caught by it myself but I still think it's a ridiculous charge. And the 1875 thing only works if you go to more than a certain number of games. If you're just a casual attender you either wouldn't know or would think it might not be worth it 

• Like 1