BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

17 points from out last 19 games. We are a team devoid of ideas in attack, shambolic at the back and are most certainly in a relegation battle. We must act now and get rid of Mowbray.

Jesus Christ that’s even worse than I thought. You do fear we’re certs for relegation unless something changes seeing stats like that. This ain’t just a bad run.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Jesus Christ that’s even worse than I thought. We’re certs for relegation unless something changes.

And keep in mind most of those points came from dead rubbers at the end of last season. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I've asked on many occasions what Mowbray's 'style of play' ? Anyone know ?

Let’s look at what it isn’t.

It’s not two up top, he likes a player in the hole (Dack).

It’s not pacey wingers getting crosses in. He likes to play strikers out wide.

It’s not long ball. Unless under pressure the keeper will almost always play it out from the back.

It’s not counter-attacking because our side has no pace.

He seems to like a diagonal cross field pass, left to right or right to left but this is easily cut out time and time again.

He seems to like to keep the game as tight as possible for as long as possible and then play for 20 minutes at the end. A policy ruined if we have injuries.

This is undermined by not having a good enough defence and we continue to shop at least two goals every game, so that last 20 minutes becomes a frantic search for an equaliser.

The good signing relatively cheap of Dack and his dazzling but unreliable form since has clouded a lot of judgement where TM is concerned.  Other words he's pulled him out of the shit many times but that kind of thing runs out eventually when a manager can't squeeze what's needed out of them more consistently.

• Backroom

Mowbray has always appeared to think he's Mourinho. I used to doubt that, but he's turned me, and I'm inclined to agree with him now:

•Arrogantly getting angry when being asked perfectly reasonable questions by the press.

•Reports of training ground bustups with players.

•Shipping goals left,  right, and centre.

•Failing to score goals and show any attacking flair, despite having players on the books that certainly have that in their locker.

•Steadfastly refusing to acknowledge the poor run of form the team has been on for a prolonged period of time, and attempting some Jedi mindtrick to pretend like it isn't happening.

•Setting the team up with baffling match day tactics,  and then trying to rescue the situation with even more bewildering substitutions. 

All he needs to do is start jabbing his thumb in the opposing coaches eye socket next match, and the journey is complete.

Pair of them are dinosoars from a long forgotten era. They need to jog on and play on an island with Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum! 

Edited by Silas
  • Like 3

"It’s early season, I don’t think central defence was a problem.

“I thought they applied themselves well.

“They all need to develop relationships and when Lenihan gets himself fit and comes back then he will have to compete to get in the team.”

Quotes from TM about today's game. Absolutely astounding, showing he has no clue as to what is going on. 

3 centre backs, one of whom is very injury prone, and another is on loan, and you don't think this is a problem? We're already down to zero cover. There's no room for injuries, suspension or lack of form. All in all, that TM is happy with this suggests he has completely lost the plot. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

"It’s early season, I don’t think central defence was a problem.

“I thought they applied themselves well.

“They all need to develop relationships and when Lenihan gets himself fit and comes back then he will have to compete to get in the team.”

Quotes from TM about today's game. Absolutely astounding, showing he has no clue as to what is going on. 

3 centre backs, one of whom is very injury prone, and another is on loan, and you don't think this is a problem? We're already down to zero cover. There's no room for injuries, suspension or lack of form. All in all, that TM is happy with this suggests he has completely lost the plot. 

He’s talking about today, and they played pretty well, so they weren’t the problem today. Rothwell/Dack/Armstrong not bothering the keeper were a problem - I excuse Gallagher as it seemed his job was to stop the keeper and centre backs playing it out, which he did well..

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Silas said:

Mowbray has always appeared to think he's Mourinho. I used to doubt that, but he's turned me, and I'm inclined to agree with him now:

•Arrogantly getting angry when being asked perfectly reasonable questions by the press.

•Reports of training ground bustups with players.

•Shipping goals left,  right, and centre.

•Failing to score goals and show any attacking flair, despite having players on the books that certainly have that in their locker.

•Steadfastly refusing to acknowledge the poor run of form the team has been on for a prolonged period of time, and attempting some Jedi mindtrick to pretend like it isn't happening.

•Setting the team up with baffling match day tactics,  and then trying to rescue the situation with even more bewildering substitutions. 

All he needs to do is start jabbing his thumb in the opposing coaches eye socket next match, and the journey is complete.

Pair of them are dinosoars from a long forgotten era. They need to jog on and play on an island with Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum! 

To be honest i've always seen him more of a lower league Roy Hodgson the way he over thinks and over cooks things to the point it never really works, how expects so many players to be multi positional and how he doesn't expect having so many of them on at once could offer anything but an unbalanced team.

Chuck in the players he signings for not much do ok and those he pays big money for or lavishes good short term contracts on turn out pointless.

Then add in the nice guy conduct every interview on sounbites fans want to hear that unlike Kean or Coyle and some others comes across as deep football speak rather than verbal diarrhea but in the end still turns out mostly to be nonsense after a while.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

To be honest i've always seen him more of a lower league Roy Hodgson the way he over thinks and over cooks things to the point it never really works, how expects so many players to be multi positional and how he doesn't expect having so many of them on at once could offer anything but an unbalanced team.

Chuck in the players he signings for not much do ok and those he pays big money for or lavishes good short term contracts on turn out pointless.

Then add in the nice guy conduct every interview on sounbites fans want to hear that unlike Kean or Coyle and some others comes across as deep football speak rather than verbal diarrhea but in the end still turns out mostly to be nonsense after a while.

Hodgson is a bloody good coach - don't think Mowbray can coach !

Roy was / is notorious for his defensive drills.  

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Hodgson is a bloody good coach - don't think Mowbray can coach !

Roy was / is notorious for his defensive drills.  

You need to ask yourself as does most fans... bar Dack a freak and who was known as a talent losing his way... what player after 40 signings has been improved by Mowbray?

Just now, old darwen blue said:

I’d rather stick with Tony Mowbray than risk another round of the Venkys and their silent partners manager lottery thanks very much. 

Until they’re gone I’m afraid we’ve had it. 

I’m with you on that. Given that one of the many sticks used to beat Mowbray is that he keeps doing the same thing and expecting a different result, I can’t fathom why anyone expects better than Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray. 

• Like 3