BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

7 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

If I was making decisions after we got promoted this season, I'd take the money and then bank it with a few better players coming in on relatively small money. Do what Burnley have done, not what Fulham did.

Danny Drinkwater is on £100,000 per week. 

Midtable Mogga

Samuel sub sums him up it's player friendly over points all the time with him.  Not beating the drum for him out at all but we are at the point you can almost predict everything that goes on and what he's going to say.

He's on a doddle here the too relaxed atmosphere is evident every game at Ewood.

Better than normal crowd and dismal disjointed stuff again.  Have a word Waggot !

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

1 lost and certain people are back on this bandwagon of getting rid. 

Who?

I just see a lot of people resigned to stagnation.

We have come full circle really from where we were when Bowyer was here.

4 hours ago, Mr. E said:

We have a talented squad but it is absolutely beyond clear TM does not know how to get the best out of them. He doesn't even know how to prevent a home defeat to Luton.

He doesn't know his best team , he does better with a few injuries ,so then he can't tinker much !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 wins and the usual ppsters came out declaring all was rosey and going to plan. They will go hide again until we next manage two on the trot.  Then they can lambast the doubters.

Sorry but two home defeats against promoted sides is awful.  How many times have we been close enough to taste top six only to blow it against teams we really whould be beating? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

We've actually lost 4 out of 9 so far but that aside, can't see many people posting to get rid. Just disappointment over the lack of progress thus far. 

I don't see anyone seeking Mowbray's sacking. I see lots of people rightly concerned about another poor result and performance against a team that will win very few away games this season yet have managed to do so at Ewood with relative ease. This is all part of a bigger picture in which Mowbray and the team have no plan B and struggle to perform against those sides they are expected to beat, going back a couple of seasons. Not just a response to one game. As you say we've also lost almost half our games this season which is alarming.

For all the talk about progress and Mowbray sorting out the issues of last season they all reared their ugly head again today and put us back to square one:

• Loads of possession but no proper chances.
  • 2 goals conceded both from relatively straightforward crosses into the box
  • Their goalkeepers only involvement was timewasting from goalkicks
  • Only a couple of attempts on target
  • No plan b other than Mowbray chucking players on in the last 20 minutes and ending up with people playing all over the place.

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he's taken us as far as he can. If you are happy to spend the forseeable future roughly where we are now, then Mowbray's your man. 40 or so years ago we had a team who were probably of the same sort of level of ability as the lot we have now and we were content to bump along season after season. The difference between then and now is we had a board who by and large knew what they were doing and most of all - the club had manageable debts. We could just about afford to bump along at this level, now we can't.

Having said that I wonder what the likes of Gordon Lee or Howard Kendall would be doing with these players.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Looking at the Championship table kind of sums up to me where we are as a football club. Four wins, four defeat and a draw with a goal difference of zero. And the epitome of average (in football management terms) is Mowbray. I honestly can't see us getting anywhere near the top six let alone getting promoted as we just can't get any consistency into our results. We are/will be a mid table team under Mowbray as I don't believe he has what it takes to take us any further.

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think he's taken us as far as he can. If you are happy to spend the forseeable future roughly where we are now, then Mowbray's your man. 40 or so years ago we had a team who were probably of the same sort of level of ability as the lot we have now and we were content to bump along season after season. 

Each season (bar the first) we have improved. I’ve seen some people calling for Mowbray’s resignation already but hasn’t he earned some faith? We’re not even ten games in to the season. We were a basket case until recently so I don’t understand why people now think that we should win every game. We are a mid table championship club now, that’s undeniable. If TM is able to keep improving the squad and the club then we might be able to become a side worthy of promotion. 

If we don’t improve on 15th then I will be concerned but until then I’ll be trusting him to continue the rebuilding job. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think he's taken us as far as he can. If you are happy to spend the forseeable future roughly where we are now, then Mowbray's your man. 40 or so years ago we had a team who were probably of the same sort of level of ability as the lot we have now and we were content to bump along season after season. The difference between then and now is we had a board who by and large knew what they were doing and most of all - the club had manageable debts. We could just about afford to bump along at this level, now we can't.

Having said that I wonder what the likes of Gordon Lee or Howard Kendall would be doing with these players.

I see progression from last season to now. He is building the squad from season to season to challenge for promotion. Something I think we can do this season. 

we are 9 games in and in a decent position where we can get into the top 6 come end of the season