BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Every time I start to believe Mowbray is ‘the man’ the same frailties jump out and slap me.

The constant chop and change of the side, the constant square pegs in round holes, the constant experiments, the lack of playing identity despite talking about it, the lack of defensive reinforcements.

Beyond frustrating when other clubs with much less quality and financial backing are above us due to being managed with logic and consistency.

Edited by Don Said
  • Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

Has brought in some decent players but clearly has no idea how to utilise them. Also his inability and/or unwillingness to sort out our defence means it's game over with a couple of injuries. 

Yup, no system or structure. Square pegs in round holes. £12m spunked on two flops. Same old defensive mistakes. Not going forward with this guy.

Would anyone give Chris Coleman a shot? Trying to think who's out of work atm.

Edited by Amo

Just now, Amo said:

Yup, no system or structure. Square pegs in round holes. £12m spunked on two flops. Same old defensive mistakes. Not going forward with this guy.

Would anyone give Chris Coleman a shot? Trying to think who's out of work atm.

I’ve said it loads of times but IMO justifiably he could be deserved of the chop for spunking that £12 million alone. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

You've got to ask yourself, are we a work in progress? Is there a discernible gameplan here? Mowbray is just winging it. He's made questionable signings (Brereton, Gallagher, Chapman) and still doesn't know his best XI or how we're setup to play.

And if people only want to back Mowbray because they're afraid of the alternative, need I remind you it was Venkys who hired Mowbray in the first place.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Even Chaddy has doubts on twitter!

I personally think it’s academic, he hired his own boss he’ll leave when he wants.

I think he’s assembled the basis of a good squad but tactically will struggle to take us further 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

I personally think it’s academic, he hired his own boss he’ll leave when he wants.

I think he’s assembled the basis of a good squad but tactically will struggle to take us further 

Yep, seen a fair few on twitter turn today. They’ll be back onside though as soon as we win the next one.

• Like 1

Said it before, I’ll say it again. He’s been here too long and has too many relationships to start making the big changes which he needs to do. The big signings he’s made haven’t worked or had enough impact. He will he remembered for finding room for Bennett, continuing with Evans, 2.5 attackers plus Gallagher and Brereton. Sad really, but this ends with him either being sacked or leaving with us essentially, no different to where we are now. 

Just now, Tom said:

This is the problem. The manager is untouchable because of the management structure at the club. Waggott is not going to sack the man who hired him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

What are the alternatives to Tony? 

Someone who picks players on their merits and in their proper positions?  Someone who can teach basic defending and conjure up tactics that allow us to gets shots on goal?

A guy like that will do for me.

• Like 7

Tony has shown without any doubt that he cannot do any more. We can see that, his bosses can see that so surely he must either be sacked or he goes of his own accord. Whoever steps in will be judged on future performance, as was Tony.

Just now, pentelrobot said:

This is the problem. The manager is untouchable because of the management structure at the club. Waggott is not going to sack the man who hired him. 

Dont think Waggott even has that power anyway. 

It really has got to the point where we are not going anywhere under this man. Good squad completely underutilized correctly. Results shocking on their own but we dont even have shots anymore and still have the same ability to somehow let the oppo concede with ease.

Has Holtby not shown enough in his cameos to start? Why does TM make the better players wait for their chance but instantly throws in others. Holtby, Dack and Rothwell should all be in the same team - ideally all behind DG or one of the other strikers that cost a combined total of 15 million. 

Travis and Johnson

and then our powder puff defence which alone tells us we going nowhere. New manager please and one that will first come in and overhaul the defence which has been needed doing for about half my 10-year old sons life.

It’s not just Mowbray, but this club needs to get out of this idea of blowing big money on one player, while the team isn’t good enough. Rhodes, Brereton and Gallagher for starters. That kind of money in this league is ridiculous and for me casts doubt on any managers ability to improve a team. 

a manager who will build solidly from the back is the pre-requisite for success at any club.

• Like 1

TM as to go the team his going backwards . You can loses football matches to anyone but its the way we loses them  that pees me off basic mistakes  every week  players switching  off  and his blind faith in certain  players. And the way he sets the team isn't right square  pegs  in round  holes  its time far change where going nowhere with him  

For me it has to be time for a change of manager over the international break. Mowbray has done well for us but he clearly isnt capable of taking us any further, thank him and send him on his way. Ideal replacement would be Hughton if we could get him, otherwise Lee Bowyer who is doing a superb job at an unstable and seemingly penniless Charlton. I would hope that he would be attainable, if neither of them are, the likes of Nigel Adkins and Aitor Karanka have proven track records at this level.

We unsurprisingly havent got rid of that habit of collapsing in away games. The defence today from 15 minutes inwas the same one as last year, Bennett, Lenihan, Williams and Bell all repeatedly made stupid mistakes throughout last season, and theres very little beneath that. I think some were fooled because of the removal of a past it captain, the signing of a slightly less erratic (but nonetheless still unconvincing) and the loan signing of a very 

Mowbray cannot seem to settle on a best team, or make an expensively assembled attack even able to create decent opportunities. There is a constant change in his teams, with him having an obsession of wanting to be able to change from game to game as if it wont in any way hinder the potential to strive for consistency. Some of our more talented players are given few or no chances of starting, whereas some of Mowbrays favourites seem sure fire picks most weeks regardless of performance. The result of Mowbrays meddling is an inability to go on a consistent run of results, and him having no idea what his best team is.

Its hard not to glance over to Preston, a squad cheaply assembled compared to us, but with a manager getting more out of them players than the sum of their parts. They had a favourable home match today, they won comfortably, no sweat, next game.

• Like 6