BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I smell a Dingle. How many times have Bristol Rovers or Doncaster Rovers ever won major honours. Thought not.

Try harder lad.

I will delete my posts as to not derail the thread. I only mention it as I was accused of all sorts for having the cheek to say Blackburn instead of the rovers.

Just now, Boroblue said:

I’m assuming this is just personal opinion because the facts don’t support that assertion at all.

Facts collated in july 2019

points collected in the premier league blackburn rovers 11th most successful 

Number of seasons spent in the premiership blackburn rovers 12th in the table

average points per game in the premiership blackburn rovers 1.39 8th most successful. 

One of only a handful of premiership winners.

The facts suggest we are more than capable of holding our own and I havent even started on the long roll call of our history. Not least the 7th most successful club decade on decade.

The way out of this league is by getting the right manager, not one way but the only way. I’m sick of hearing  about this club being big and that club being a giant in comparison to us. We are has good has anyone in this league and has big if not bigger in terms of success but we need to start believing that. Unfortunately the guy at the helm appears to want us to believe that mediocrity should be acceptable. Well it’s not.

I agree. Shame our manager doesn't. He thinks Middlesbrough and Stoke are 'huge clubs' so small wonder there's an air of mediocrity around the place.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

This is a Blackburn Rovers forum, so we probably won’t think you mean Doncaster if you mention ‘Rovers’, that’s how we refer to the club on here, just like we do in real life.

You should have noticed that before you started your trolling and gave yourself away.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Mark corrigan said:

As been said many times Blackburn is a small town surrounded by lots of other clubs, some of them huge clubs. Bournemouth don't have this situation, Burnley survive due to dyche. 

Do you really want to spend every other week getting hammered with a full darwen end singing your support is rubbish?

Not for me thanks.

No self respecting rovers fan calls Kean f@@king Stevie. Jog on lad.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mark corrigan said:

I will delete my posts as to not derail the thread. I only mention it as I was accused of all sorts for having the cheek to say Blackburn instead of the rovers.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But know this, on this forum when a poster calls us “Blackburn” it is usually spoken by non-Rovers fans - especially fans of local rivals. It’s virtually an insult.

Go and type www.rovers.co.uk into your url bar and see which club you get - or @rovers or @onerovers on Twitter.

If you persist with calling us “Blackburn” then you are outed I’m afraid.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 6

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Back on topic. I know we can't have a new poll every week. But after we put a good run together, followed by that shambles and it being an international break. Surely now is a good time for a Tony Mowbray poll

I would prefer a pick your new manager poll.

i.e. can we just assume he's going and make succession plans. Someone has to because the owners won't think of it.

Just now, AAK said:

Mark Hughes set to be announced Reading manager and here is us plodding along with Tony Feckin Mowbray, give me feckin strength.

I’d be very frustrated with that.

But it puts to bed the idea that there are no other managers out there.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mark Bowen at Reading as sporting Director. Be interesting to see Who is on his staff there? 

Would expect Eddie Niedzwicki. Glyn Hodges usually follows him around but he's managing Wimbledon at the moment. 

With Bowen being Director of Football at Reading Hughes was always going to be heavily linked to that job when it came available. Don't see there being much more to it than people joining the dots. The fact Bowen took a job on his own at Reading suggests to me that he wasnt expecting to be assisting Hughes again any time soon. In the past he's waited and kept himself unemployed until Hughes was back managing. 

Personally would be surprised if Hughes took the Reading job. Would be a come down for a bloke who has nearly 15 years of continuous Premier League management behind him. Never managed in the Championship either. Suspect they'd have to pay him very well to put what is left of his damaged reputation on the line at a struggling Championship side. I think he'd keep them up no problem but not sure he'd have enough to get them promoted.

• Like 1

Hughes has done nothing since Bellamy and Savage have retired.......His time has passed but from same era as Mowbray. Both should be put to grass.

It was funny yesterday but Alan Brazil was pushing for Moyes' return at Everton and he is another.

Hughes did a great job at Bla.....sorry Rovers [only jokin] but I would not want to return to marr a great previous time.

The time has come for Damien Johnson....at least until the end of the season

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Would expect Eddie Niedzwicki. Glyn Hodges usually follows him around but he's managing Wimbledon at the moment. 

With Bowen being Director of Football at Reading Hughes was always going to be heavily linked to that job when it came available. Don't see there being much more to it than people joining the dots. The fact Bowen took a job on his own at Reading suggests to me that he wasnt expecting to be assisting Hughes again any time soon. In the past he's waited and kept himself unemployed until Hughes was back managing. 

Personally would be surprised if Hughes took the Reading job. Would be a come down for a bloke who has nearly 15 years of continuous Premier League management behind him. Never managed in the Championship either. Suspect they'd have to pay him very well to put what is left of his damaged reputation on the line at a struggling Championship side. I think he'd keep them up no problem but not sure he'd have enough to get them promoted.

Cant see Hughes getting another Premier League job now. Only way he manage agsin in Premier League is by getting a team promote. 

• Like 1

You would think Hughes, with his vast Premier League experience, playing days at Barcelona and Bayern, and international management experience, would be able to get a job abroad somewhere in Spain or Germany. I always thought that would be his next step in his career rather than dropping down to the Championship.

Hughes never really struck me as someone who lived for management and couldn't stop. People like Hodgson and Warnock come across as types who just love the job and lifestyle of management and carry on as long as they can whereas Hughes I never got that impression.

The bloke who less than 10 years ago was the next big thing, tipped to replace Ferguson at United now linked with backwaters like Reading in the Championship. Bet that hurts. He walked out on Rovers and Fulham claiming he was ambitious.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Hughes has fallen into the same category as Steve Bruce now. Like Chaddy says he's only going to manage in the top flight again if he gets promoted there with someone.

I'd swap him for Mowbray in a heartbeat though.

Better than Bruce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'd swap him for Mowbray in a heartbeat though.

I wonder how he coach without his trusted number 2 there at Reading. 

Mark Hughes time at Ewood Park was special days for me

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You would think Hughes, with his vast Premier League experience, playing days at Barcelona and Bayern, and international management experience, would be able to get a job abroad somewhere in Spain or Germany. I always thought that would be his next step in his career rather than dropping down to the Championship.

Hughes never really struck me as someone who lived for management and couldn't stop. People like Hodgson and Warnock come across as types who just love the job and lifestyle of management and carry on as long as they can whereas Hughes I never got that impression.

The bloke who less than 10 years ago was the next big thing, tipped to replace Ferguson at United now linked with backwaters like Reading in the Championship. Bet that hurts. He walked out on Rovers and Fulham claiming he was ambitious.

I think one of the worst thing he did was walk out of Rovers. You are correct when you say he was next big thing. I think he made too many mistakes taking jobs like QPR or Man City..

Its interesting he never looked to manage overseas at all. Never seen a link or owt either. 

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

If you persist with calling us “Blackburn” then you are outed I’m afraid.

Feel as though this is a little harsh, I often use both Rovers and Blackburn to describe the team I support, is it *really* that big of a deal? All seems a little silly and over the top to me this.

Just now, JoeH said:

Feel as though this is a little harsh, I often use both Rovers and Blackburn to describe the team I support, is it *really* that big of a deal? All seems a little silly and over the top to me this.

You're missing the point I believe. Its usual to get"walk-ons" on here a short time before we play Preston.

He is one of them. Once the game's over we don't see them again.

• Like 1