BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I said at the beginning of the season I'd be happy with TM till end of Sept, that's been and gone and tbh I'm not at all impressed.  Next 3 games for me will see whether he's worth keeping.  Can we have the poll back soon please?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I said at the beginning of the season I'd be happy with TM till end of Sept, that's been and gone and tbh I'm not at all impressed.  Next 3 games for me will see whether he's worth keeping.  Can we have the poll back soon please?

What’s going to change in 3 games to change your mind. More games, more of the season wasted? Get shut now and maybe rescue the season and get a couple of defenders in January and who knows....

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Oh give over Chaddy stop being so naïve, Of course he had input in it.

or stop believing in Conspiracy theories again

57 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We shouldn't believe everything we read in the paper (LT) as ALL quotes are spoon fed PR from the club.

Mowbray was given a target of 12 points from 6 games and has failed massively with one still to play.

He was summoned to India to answer for his inept failure.

He has privately been given a "vote of confidence" from our humble and trusting owners but watch out for the next points target which will be his last.

This reshuffle is just window dressing in anticipation of his exit, to minimise casualties and see Johnson become head coach.

Pressure now on.

Well Mowbray did say the meeting was pre planned and I cant remember ever a manager being summoned to India and if his job was in danger I don't think they would met him. 

How do you know that Johnson will become head coach? 

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Didn't he go at a similar point last season ?  Or was that the one that got cancelled and he ended up going to Switzerland at a later date ?

I think you are spot on there. It got cancelled or Waggott/Mowbray didn't need to go

26 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Isn't it odd that Waggott wasn't involved in any of this ?

No because his "power" (responsibility) is limited to the commercial side.

TM has now been formally relieved of some of his duties to focus solely on his main responsibilty of challenging for the top 6. This is the vision he sold to them and must now deliver.

The trigger finger is twitching.

maybe Waggott went to India? 

How would the owners know Mark Venus? and to make him director of Football operations

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

maybe Waggott went to India? 

How would the owners know Mark Venus? and to make him director of Football operations

Waggott didn't go.

Suhail did.

He has been made Head of (taken responsibility which previously was Mowbray's) not Director of anything.

To be more precise, Tony has been relieved of the responsibility.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Waggott didn't go.

Suhail did.

thanks for the reply. 

a couple more questions if I can ask

1. How would the owners know Mark Venus? and to make him director of Football operations

2. How do you know that Johnson will become head coach? 

3. Do you know the points total he now need to meet?

It's Suhails job to be the go between is it not ?

I'm very sceptical of what goes on but i don't think it's odd they might have wanted to meet Venus if they hadn't already. Waggots job is the commercial side so probably no need for him to go i don't think they pay too much attention to the crowds, yet.

There was no summoning for a vote of confidence here that's fake news it was more than likely another pre planned trip. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

thanks for the reply. 

a couple more questions if I can ask

1. How would the owners know Mark Venus? and to make him director of Football operations

2. How do you know that Johnson will become head coach? 

3. Do you know the points total he now need to meet?

See above I amended my post.

1. Suhail. You are adding the word Director. Head of is responsible for. Simple business review of responsibilities.

2. Mowbray's job to keep or lose. There is a backup plan (at least to the end of the season) which is within budget.

3. No

3 individual meetings. The 4th meeting after the employees had been sent back to work will have been the crucial one.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 1

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

See above I amended my post.

1. Suhail. You are adding the word Director. Head of is responsible for. Simple business review of responsibilities.

2. Mowbray's job to keep or lose. There is a backup plan (at least to the end of the season) which is within budget.

3. No

3 individual meetings. The 4th meeting after the employees had been sent back to work will have been the crucial one.

Thanks for reply. 

1. Ok. 

2. I would be happy Johnson taking over if Mowbray was to be sack

3. Ok. 

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

Then it should be Venus moving from one to the other, not doing both, and Johnson could become joint assistant manager or similar rather than 'development coach' or whatever he is.

On that subject I've never seen Johnson stand up off the bench once this season since he took the job on. 

Wouldn’t know if he has or not, I’m too busy watching the match.

• Like 1

Given that this newly created role wasn't advertised and only been announced since they come back I think part of the reason for the trip was to get their blessing. I don't understand why the job wasn't put out there to see who would apply. Of course it's supposition but I really think this is Mowbray strengthening his like by moving his confidante up. I'm struggling to understand why we need such a role now when we haven't had one in Mowbrays tenure.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Head of football operations sounds very much like past nonsensical appointments like "Global Advisor " and "Sporting Director" in that the owners don't know what they should do but want to be seen doing something

For me now; clubs need structures in place as a manager cant do everything. 

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Given that this newly created role wasn't advertised and only been announced since they come back I think part of the reason for the trip was to get their blessing. I don't understand why the job wasn't put out there to see who would apply. Of course it's supposition but I really think this is Mowbray strengthening his like by moving his confidante up. I'm struggling to understand why we need such a role now when we haven't had one in Mowbrays tenure.

It's the latest incarnation of the Ewood self preservation society.

Rovers are the gift that never stops giving if you can ingratiate yourself with the owners.

Mowbray & his sidekick are bedding themselves in nicely.

Venkys never learn.

• Like 5

Has anyone read his fitness article? 

Seriously our sports science team has clearly declined. A nutritionist is needed as that is the key to it all. No football player does really serious training (some sports are crazy) so it can all be avoided. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for reply. 

1. Ok. 

2. I would be happy Johnson taking over if Mowbray was to be sack

3. Ok. 

I think it would be another needless gamble with our Championship status just to take the cheap and easy option. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me now; clubs need structures in place as a manager cant do everything. 

Well the manager here can run the team, appoint people to senior positions and fly around the world to India during the international break when he should be sorting out the team on the training ground.

His assistant hasn't got enough to do being assistant manager of a Championship club and is now going to be combining that job with another vague position that elsewhere people are paid good money to do on a full time basis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Head of football operations sounds very much like past nonsensical appointments like "Global Advisor " and "Sporting Director" in that the owners don't know what they should do but want to be seen doing something

This could be a case of the Peter principle being applied to Venus. He is not competent in his current post but rather than remove him apply the lateral arabesque method to get him out of the way. ie move him sideways and give him a longer job title.

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We shouldn't believe everything we read in the paper (LT) as ALL quotes are spoon fed PR from the club.

Mowbray was given a target of 12 points from 6 games and has failed massively with one still to play.

He was summoned to India to answer for his inept failure.

He has privately been given a "vote of confidence" from our humble and trusting owners but watch out for the next points target which will be his last.

This reshuffle is just window dressing in anticipation of his exit, to minimise casualties and see Johnson become head coach.

Pressure now on.

Well I can't imagine he'll be hitting his latest points target, whatever that may be, given our next 3 fixtures. I bloody hope they did turn up the heat - he's had it on easy street til now.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

What’s going to change in 3 games to change your mind. More games, more of the season wasted? Get shut now and maybe rescue the season and get a couple of defenders in January and who knows....

Only blind faith ?