SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for reply. 

1. Ok. 

2. I would be happy Johnson taking over if Mowbray was to be sack

3. Ok. 

You asked 3 questions Chaddy and were given straight answers to all of them. Good manners eh?

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think it would be another needless gamble with our Championship status just to take the cheap and easy option. 

Well I did say Johnson would be my choice to replace Mowbray. Others managers I would look at are Gary Rowett, Gareth Ainsworth, Nigel Adkins, Carlos Carvalhal, 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Well the manager here can run the team, appoint people to senior positions and fly around the world to India during the international break when he should be sorting out the team on the training ground.

His assistant hasn't got enough to do being assistant manager of a Championship club and is now going to be combining that job with another vague position that elsewhere people are paid good money to do on a full time basis.

I have repeatedly said the structure I would like to see bought in with Sporting Director and Head coach structure. Allows the head coach to foucs on the team and tactics and everything like that. Sporting Director finds the players then him and head coach pick the signings/targets they want to sign. 

If the owners want to speak directly to Mowbray they will. 

I expected Venus to take a step back from coaching and become of head of football operations over then coming months

I got in trouble with a game when we were in the Premiership (nose bleed our younger listeners). Home to QPR . Sky made a wrong call and called the opposition winning. I said good. Get rid of Kean. Got twatted on here for that. Proper fan ladella. Hope we lose tomorrow. Don't want a Coventry at this club. Lose Mowbray, we lose the other parasites. Nice man Mowbray? Don't think so

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expected Venus to take a step back from coaching and become of head of football operations over then coming months

Have you heard/read this somewhere or is it just your opinion?

It would make sense if he did take a step back from coaching to do this role but in Venkys world, they probably expect him to do both.

43 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Have you heard/read this somewhere or is it just your opinion?

It would make sense if he did take a step back from coaching to do this role but in Venkys world, they probably expect him to do both.

My opinion. 

But i agree it makes sense

Edited by chaddyrovers

11 hours ago, davefarnworth said:

I got in trouble with a game when we were in the Premiership (nose bleed our younger listeners). Home to QPR . Sky made a wrong call and called the opposition winning. I said good. Get rid of Kean. Got twatted on here for that. Proper fan ladella. Hope we lose tomorrow. Don't want a Coventry at this club. Lose Mowbray, we lose the other parasites. Nice man Mowbray? Don't think so

Remember the venus wife scandal at Coventry over the training ground... It seems this Coventry connection is as popular as sisu in the Midlands 

Just now, Amo said:

Don't know how anyone can make a case for keeping him, other than the usual "I'm scared of the alternative!"

I think there comes a time when keeping a manager is just as damaging as making a bad appointment and now is that time. So I'd be happy to risk the alternative right now.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

• Backroom

I said a few weeks ago it feels like we're at the start of one of Mowbray's death spirals where we can't buy a win. At some point in the next couple of months we'll pick up a win and probably a few good results after that, causing the usual suspects to crow "have faith in TM", "get behind the lads ffs", etc, but the reality is that we're stuck in a bleak holding pattern which will see us go absolutely nowhere under this manager.

Change is needed, but there's no way Venkys will know that and no way they'll get in anyone better even if Mowbray goes. We're stagnating from the very top and have been since the day the Trust sold us down the river. 

• Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

I said a few weeks ago it feels like we're at the start of one of Mowbray's death spirals where we can't buy a win. At some point in the next couple of months we'll pick up a win and probably a few good results after that, causing the usual suspects to crow "have faith in TM", "get behind the lads ffs", etc, but the reality is that we're stuck in a bleak holding pattern which will see us go absolutely nowhere under this manager.

Change is needed, but there's no way Venkys will know that and no way they'll get in anyone better even if Mowbray goes. We're stagnating from the very top and have been since the day the Trust sold us down the river. 

Because Mowbray's had a modicum of success with L1 promotion and keeping us up last season, some fans still want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that's in the past. That goodwill has run out with many fans, who can see the writing on the wall. Promotion from L1 was the least we expected, and to be honest even then our performances flattered to deceive. 

We've never looked convincing under Mowbray and he still doesn't know his best XI or rather he isn't trying to find it. He weighs up the opposition and spins the tombola every week. Instead of building from the back we splurge all our money on misfiring strikers and patch the defence up with loanees and square pegs in round holes.

Time to go, ToMo. Time to go.

• Like 5

Our manager is utterly ambition-less.

If we aren’t target games against the likes of Huddersfield then who? His mission to keep Bennett and Armstrong in the team no matter what were the only real things wrong in fairness but the decision to play Bennett at left back shows the lack of sense being applied. The fact that Bennett got a rinsing and cost us the first goal was so predictable.

But it was his decision-making in attack, starting and substitutions, that cost us.

The only way I can try to explain it is that he was given an ultimatum. Lose and you are out.

One thing us for certain, we are going nowhere good under this management team.

• Like 5

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Goodwill is definitely beginning to ebb away with the crowd. 

All I could hear around me on the ground and waking up Livesey Branch Road was ranting about crap subs and wasted money on forwards.

I heard that too walking under Aqueduct Bridget. 

24 minutes ago, Amo said:

Don't know how anyone can make a case for keeping him, other than the usual "I'm scared of the alternative!"

18 minutes ago, booth said:

I think there comes a time when keeping a manager is just as damaging as making a bad appointment and now is that time. So I'd be happy to risk the alternative right now.

I agree, but who the eff knows who’d they pick after quite recently choosing Owen bloody Coyle. 

it shouldn’t be this much of a gamble. The manager has got to go, but we could end up with worse and end up in league one again with these muppets owning us. The Walker trust fucked us over big time and shat all over Jack’s legacy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dan said:

I agree, but who the eff knows who’d they pick after quite recently choosing Owen bloody Coyle. 

it shouldn’t be this much of a gamble. The manager has got to go, but we could end up with worse and end up in league one again with these muppets owning us. The Walker trust fucked us over big time and shat all over Jack’s legacy. 

To be honest, I never thought they would appoint Paul Lambert with an experienced coaching team, even though it never worked out. Lambo probably wonders where that £12m was hiding when he was in charge.

Just now, Dan said:

it shouldn’t be this much of a gamble. The manager has got to go, but we could end up with worse and end up in league one again with these muppets owning us. The Walker trust fucked us over big time and shat all over Jack’s legacy

And there began the rot.......

• Like 2

Just now, Amo said:

To be honest, I never thought they would appoint Paul Lambert with an experienced coaching team, even though it never worked out. Lambo probably wonders where that £12m was hiding when he was in charge.

Quite right. If Lambert has been given the money Mowbray had, then who knows where we’d be. 

Apologies for the bad language, just so fed up of this every weekend.  

• Like 1