BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I think the boos around the ground when Holtby was subbed would have been much louder without the stunned silence upon Travis being hooked too. I just don't understand the thinking behind that double change. How could it possibly have made things better?

Gross tactical incompetence is killing any hope we ever had of progressing be it in team selection, formation or substitutions. Everything seems designed to negate our obvious strengths and reinforce our glaring weaknesses.

No more debate now. Mowbray has to go if we even aspire to the play-offs (never mind promotion).

• Like 2

Just now, Riverside under the drip said:

I think the boos around the ground when Holtby was subbed would have been much louder without the stunned silence upon Travis being hooked too. I just don't understand the thinking behind that double change. How could it possibly have made things better?

Gross tactical incompetence is killing any hope we ever had of progressing be it in team selection, formation or substitutions. Everything seems designed to negate our obvious strengths and reinforce our glaring weaknesses.

No more debate now. Mowbray has to go if we even aspire to the play-offs (never mind promotion).

My guess is that Mowbray felt Holtby wasn't match-fit and needed resting. Wasn't that his first start of the season?

Edited by Amo
  • Like 2

Just now, Riverside under the drip said:

It was only his first start because Mowbray was too cautious to start him weeks ago!

Probably too positive a line up having him, Travis and Rothwell on the pitch. 

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

In fairness he should have gone months ago. He will go this season I've no doubt but decisions between India and Ewood will drag on as we all know too well.

Don’t worry, they are probably on the phone to Steve Kean as we speak. 

I find it grossly ironic when the manager talks of needing consistency from his team when his selection and formations on a weekly basis are anything but regardless of injuries.

It is a rather unbalanced squad to start with but much of what he does makes it worse then he scratches his head wondering why it doesn't work. No such thing as a first 11 at Ewood now it's a first 5 then anything goes.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

I find it grossly ironic when the manager talks of needing consistency from his team when his selection and formations on a weekly basis are anything but regardless of injuries.

It is a rather unbalanced squad to start with but much of what he does makes it worse then he scratches his head wondering why it doesn't work. No such thing as a first 11 at Ewood now it's a first 5 then anything goes.

Walton (by default) - no better than Raya and still only Leutwiler as token competition.

Dack - ever present and ‘proof’ that Tony is a good un.

Armstrong - A Mowbray favourite and North East compatriot who can do no wrong.

Bennett - tubthumper who is passionate and loyal and posts on social media a bit - Mowbray’s captain so will be played in goal if necessary to underline the need for players to be played out of position.

Williams - our only defender at the minute. Picks himself.

• Like 1

I am sick of him and want him gone. He is costing us points week after week and his decision making and selections are just ridiculous. 

Thanks Tony but please do the right thing and move on. We can't defend. The short passing was embarassing. The substitutions shocking. Bennett at left back is now utterly taking the piss. You've blown a fortune on non-striking strikers and enough is enough. 

• Like 6

Same old ‘two different half's’ performance. Same 2+ goals conceded. Same tombola selections. Same God awful substitutions. Same conservative approach. Same post match waffle.

Starting to get really irritated by the guy and didn’t want it to be this way.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 7

Just now, CD_93 said:

Mowbray bursting with praise for the man of the match.

He is a silly old c word. Really getting on my tits. I cannot think of another individual in the ground who would have thought of taking Holtby off at that point. He was the creator, he was tackling high up the pitch and alongside Nyambe, had the most energy and caused the most problems. Mowbray is an absolute tit and I am actually detesting him at the moment and cannot bear to listen to his waffling nonsense.  

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

He is a silly old c word. Really getting on my tits. I cannot think of another individual in the ground who would have thought of taking Holtby off at that point. He was the creator, he was tackling high up the pitch and alongside Nyambe, had the most energy and caused the most problems. Mowbray is an absolute tit and I am actually detesting him at the moment and cannot bear to listen to his waffling nonsense.  

55 is not old. He deliberately portrays an older image, it's all an act.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That is actually a very good point and accurate observation. He's roughly the same age as J Lo

I’d rather have J Lo in charge to be honest. At least she’s good at the back! ?

• Like 8

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I listened to his post match chat on Radio Lancashire - the usual Blah blah zzzzz with the usual bigging up of how dangerous Big Club are. Do me a favour !

That doesn’t bode well for Tuesday.

I agree with TM that we look a better team than last season. He has made lots of mistakes, but we are making slow progress. My suspicion is that he has probably taken the team as far as he can and that a more dynamic manager could get pretty good results from a squad that has the makings of a decent team! He deserves so much credit for steadying a rapidly sinking ship and starting the rebuild. I hope he realises his limitations and steps aside before things get messy. 

• Like 2