BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Not offended just perplexed that the same staff team that moans about a certain Twitter users' behaviour of the same accord then goes on to do that.

And as it stands the refusal to accept a momentary lapse of judgement in word choice is as equally a "cowardly" act as opting to set a team up to minimise the risks a left back playing for Bury FC can cause.

If you want to call the man a coward then be a man about it, go to a Q&A session and do it. Coward.

Didn't though really, did he. Those extra 2 letters on the end make a hell of a difference for me. 

Found some random on the internet that I think explains the context quite well:

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/44469/usage-of-cowardly-and-coward

"As to meaning differences (I've been dealing with usage), you would use cowardly if you weren't necessarily name-calling or venting; the term sounds more objective. You could quietly use it, without strong feelings. Coward, on the other hand, always connotes strong feelings. If you use coward as an adjective, I'm more likely to think you are name-calling or venting."

Although, I am going to take a punt and guess that guy had no in-depth knowledge of Tony Mowbray's footballing style and tactics. 

• Like 1

Just now, unleaded said:

He and his side kick Venus know everything.... both of them are on different planets to us ... hate his attitude of thou shall not question me !!  

Perfect scenario for Venkys they again now have a set of people all pissing in the same pot running the club for them who are more trustworthy on the face of it. Investing in what they are told to invest in, selling the odd one for a few million to bring a bit back, signing players via favoured channels , using the odd youth player they think will be worth a few quid in time and building the inside of the club akin to a business.

They can rest easy now and leave it alone just checking in every 6 months.  Any attitude probably comes from being safe in the knowledge they are delivering in all areas....except the only one that really matters to fans, on the pitch but that doesn't concern the ones who are sponsoring it all.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

A proper forward thinking manager would have incorporated Rothwell into this team by now, no ifs or buts.

And Graham should be first choice striker for the foreseeable. The pivot around where Rothwell/Dack/Holtby can excel. At the very least it's who our best player plays his best football and is most effective playing alongside!

• Like 2

Just now, donnermeat said:

A proper forward thinking manager would have incorporated Rothwell into this team by now, no ifs or buts.

And Graham should be first choice striker for the foreseeable. The pivot around where Rothwell/Dack/Holtby can excel. At the very least it's who our best player plays his best football and is most effective playing alongside!

A proper forward thinking manager wouldn’t be looking for a second number 1 in successive Summer windows.

• Backroom

By Google stats, if I cherry pick my own matches, our shots on target figures are:

Charlton  =  2

Fulham   =  0

Cardiff    =  2

Luton      =  2

QPR        =  2

Brum      =   1

Total      =   9

That's a shot at goal once an hour. 

12 million spent in last few years on strikers. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17858209.tony-mowbray-confident-goals-will-soon-flow-rovers/

TM 24th Aug: "I'm not overly concerned.........it will be okay as long as we are having those efforts..........I am sure they will all score goals- it's still early in the season..........I will not be overly concerned whatever way it goes."

2 months later it's fairly obvious which "way" it's going Tone. You be sure to give us all a nod when the right time to be concerned pops up. 

• Like 2

Mowbray has lost the players and also now the majority of fans reading the comments in the LT and Instagram etc. You'd hope that with the money he has spent and the absolute lack of progress in the time he has been here that there's some pressure coming down from above. Perhaps an absolute spanking at Preston would be the catalyst for the Clowns to look elsewhere. One can only hope. 

I'm as low about Rovers as I've ever been. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silas said:

By Google stats, if I cherry pick my own matches, our shots on target figures are:

Charlton  =  2

Fulham   =  0

Cardiff    =  2

Luton      =  2

QPR        =  2

Brum      =   1

Total      =   9

That's a shot at goal once an hour. 

12 million spent in last few years on strikers. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17858209.tony-mowbray-confident-goals-will-soon-flow-rovers/

TM 24th Aug: "I'm not overly concerned.........it will be okay as long as we are having those efforts..........I am sure they will all score goals- it's still early in the season..........I will not be overly concerned whatever way it goes."

2 months later it's fairly obvious which "way" it's going Tone. You be sure to give us all a nod when the right time to be concerned pops up. 

Different characters with different motives but that comment in bold could have come out of the mouth of Kean himself.

Not overly concerned if we don’t score goals. Is that bravado or because his future is utterly secure?

Blackburn Rovers FC. The only club in the football league where results and performances don’t matter to the manager.

Is it any wonder players underperform, apathy reigns in the stands and we have thousands of empty seats where fans used to be?

Venkys approach to owning a football club is the problem but any manager who takes the money and patronises fans is complicit.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep,,looking at what were the uber positive Facebook groups the tide has undoubtedly turned.

Preston could be his Barnsley Boxing Day...

Almost certain to draw against the Nobbers to quell the unrest. Expect Evans to start.

Defeats by Sheff Weds and Leeds are to be expected (under Mowbray).

Barnsley at home. Don’t win that after less than 4 points from the next three and there may be a big reaction.

But who’s going to listen? His friend and colleague Waggott? Suhail? Desai? Balaji?

It was inevitable after 2 shocking transfer windows. He can’t blame the infrastructure as he’s had long enough to set up a scouting team.

All this new technology they have brought in this season is leading to him overthinking every match. I’ve said before, I don’t think the players know what they’re doing with all the different systems. 

Injuries, players out of position, it has all the hallmarks of an end of tenure run.

He must go.

• Like 1

Yes madame i know we've spent 12 million on Brereton and Gallagher but they are young and English like Jordan was. That money is safe for a few years and you'll get it back with a cherry on top !

Now look at that million you gave Stevie Waggot he's got some lounges upgraded so that'll pay for itself and Mikey Cheston has got in new caterers to keep the fans happy.  Me and Marky who you've just met have spent the extra you gave us on a fleet of ipads, screens and office furniture to scout the world and we've promoted our successful U23s coach to show everybody how to use these for football purposes.  Marky by the way is doing 3 jobs as my coach, assistant manager and overall Director of Football operations !!!!!!

Trading on bullshit they are now they've a host of things to throw out there about building football to cover over the trash on the park.