BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Pack your bags, created the weakest team in this league mentally and tactically out thought when it mattered yet again, a constant of his tenure at this level.

The last 12 months barring the dead rubber revival at the end of last season has been that of a relegation side. Another 12 months here he'll relegate this club again despite a top ten budget and probably spending about 20 million.

Enough is enough no more of the hard luck stories.

• Like 2

Rovers last 5 games - lost 3, drawn 2 - points 2

Hudders last 5 games - won 3, drawn 2 - points 11

What a difference a young, hungry, dynamic and innovative manager makes.

Cowley doing in weeks what Mowbray talks about doing in years.

Sulhail, Venky's - in my opinion, Mowbray has us heading back to League 1.  IMO, a managerial dinosaur well past his sell by date.  Act now before it's too late. 

And sack Waggott for giving Mowbray a contract until 2022 - IMO, crass stupidity.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray is under contract until 30th June 2022 

Does anyone seriously expect him to walk? I do not.

Does anyone expect Venus or Waggot to push for his sacking? I do not.

Over to you Suhail.

Summary: Nothing will happen

Of course he will not walk.  He will wait to be sacked and have his contract paid up.  SW appointed him so little chance of him asking Madame to do the right thing.

Selective post match comments:

”If they don’t score their first goal they don’t score”.

”Referee’s performance was naive - didn’t know what a foul is and what a foul isn’t”. “Really really really poor today”.

“Our players were naive too”.

“Preston played long balls and played four fouls”.

“Dominant in the second half against Birmingham”.

” Difficult start for Gallagher because he has had to move his family 250 miles and find a house and settle in”.

Towards the end of the interview he did sound like he was talking about Sam Gallagher’s future at the club a being something he wouldn’t be part of himself but maybe I’m  Reading too much into that. He could just have been down about the result.

My big issue is that there isn't progress. Take today's team. 

Walton- deciding we weren't happy with an inconsistent young keeper, evidently from part way through last season, and the best we can come up with is a worse one, who isn't even ours? 

Centre back - 5 windows later the best we have is a converted left back who has been average at best, and wasn't even played there until injuries struck, and a kid who hasn't massively played there. Ok injuries are an issue but we have had 2 seasons of that and not compensated accordingly - it's hardly a surprise. 

Our defensive midfielders were the two we settled on in league 1. 3 windows later they are as good as we have? (Actually they aren't, Travis is streets ahead but doesn't play. Madness.) 

No right midfielder, just converted strikers. 3 or 4 windows to get that sorted and we haven't. (Again perhaps we have in Rothwell but he doesn't often play.)!

An heir to Danny Graham. Ok good game for Gally today but the beat we can do for competition in 5 windows is a striker who has one league goal and one good game at striker since joining. That's the best we've found after a lengthy search and £12 mill of investment? 

I don't buy the slow progress but even if I did, it isn't happening. We're no further forward than we were before. And results bare this out. Since we got promoted we have utterly stalled and 2019 has just been one mistake after another. Get rid. 

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

Selective post match comments:

”If they don’t score their first goal they don’t score”.

”Referee’s performance was naive - didn’t know what a foul is and what a foul isn’t”. “Really really really poor today”.

“Our players were naive too”.

“Preston played long balls and played four fouls”.

“Dominant in the second half against Birmingham”.

” Difficult start for Gallagher because he has had to move his family 250 miles and find a house and settle in”.

Towards the end of the interview he did sound like he was talking about Sam Gallagher’s future at the club a being something he wouldn’t be part of himself but maybe I’m  Reading too much into that. He could just have been down about the result.

Throws Walton under the bus twice.

Interview sorry inane ramble here https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCLancsSport/status/1188141064781225984

Edited by Scotland1

My big  annoyance with Mowbray (or his teams) is we just cannot hold on to a lead , I've lost count of the times we've taken the lead and not picked up all 3 points  , the amount of times we concede goals at ridiculous times and how we never seem score after 90 mins to rescue a game... It's got to be a mental  thing, like he pays no attention to coaching concentration  because I genuinely believe the talent is there in this squad to be pushing for a play off place 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Sulhail, Venky's - in my opinion, Mowbray has us heading back to League 1.  IMO, a managerial dinosaur well past his sell by date.  Act now before it's too late. 

And sack Waggott for giving Mowbray a contract until 2022 - IMO, crass stupidity.

pointless mentioning Cowley now he's at Huddersfield But you don't mention any names for this young dynamic manager you want? why is this?

You really think Waggott gave Mowbray a new contract? really? That would be done by the owners not by him.

Would Ainsworth be a target of ours? Would for me, along with Damien Johnson, Pearson, Carvalhl, Adkins. You can add Pulis and Hughton if you wish if their your choice

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Throws Walton under the bus twice.

Interview sorry inane ramble here https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCLancsSport/status/1188141064781225984

The man is a deluded knob head. Dominated the second half at Birmingham?? 

If they don't score the first goal they don't score at all?

Admit you're out of your depth Tony!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

The man is a deluded knob head. Dominated the second half at Birmingham?? 

If they don't score the first goal they don't score at all?

Admit you're out of your depth Tony!!!

Correct.  I went to Birmingham and we were sh**e for 90+ minutes.  Mowbray is deluded and looking for his pay off. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

pointless mentioning Cowley now he's at Huddersfield But you don't mention any names for this young dynamic manager you want? why is this?

You really think Waggott gave Mowbray a new contract? really? That would be done by the owners not by him.

Would Ainsworth be a target of ours? Would for me, along with Damien Johnson, Pearson, Carvalhl, Adkins. You can add Pulis and Hughton if you wish if their your choice

Do you really believe that the owners made the decision to give Mowbray and players contract extensions and no doubt pay increases without input from anyone else?

I know they would be the ones who signed off on them but who do you think germinated the idea?

And I doubt it was Waggott.

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yes, isn’t it depressing that we missed out on Cowley ?

Sick and damn tired regarding some of our fans. Their argument of ‘well who else could we get?’, ‘the v’s will only appoint someone worse’, ‘trust in Tony FFS’, ‘even Dalglish had a bad run’. It is genuinely doing my head in - likes of Mikey Delap who I know many know on here just won’t see the wood for the trees. They’ll see it when it’s too late - I guarantee you that.