BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is managing Schalke. Do you really think he is going to leave them for us?.

Why not weve got millions to burn, i mean weve recently wasted £16.5 million on 3 crap strikers. Looking forward to when we get a good one for about 30 million.

Just now, 47er said:

The trouble is he's not capable of either.

In all honesty were any of us expecting more than midtable with our defence? The only reason anyone got their hopes up is because TM opened his big mouth. He keeps doing it more and more with talk of "easier fixtures" and points targets that clearly this squad just aren't capable of hitting.

He needs to either walk or shut up and do his job properly.

• Backroom

If we fail to win our next two matches before the international break then that will be 8 games without a win. Even if we draw both matches our return would be a pathetic 4 points out of 24, and if we lose both then it'll be 2 points out of 24. Even a win and a draw would only be 6 points out of 24, and that's optimistic!

I'm really tired of watching us go through these nosedives under Mowbray. I've said before that one day we won't be able to pull ourselves up out of it and it feels like we might be there this time. The Huddersfield match could have been the point where we pulled ourselves up but we threw two points away. Yesterday again, but this time we threw the entire lot away. Confidence must be rock bottom in the camp at this point and TM's increasingly withdrawn demeanour on the touchline suggests he knows this time it might be terminal. If we fail to register any wins before the international break he really should walk - although I very much doubt he will. If we do go down this season then every good thing he's done here will essentially be erased. We'll be right back to square one and this time I think most of our better players (Dack, Graham, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Holtby, Rothwell, Travis) will be out of here leaving us in a significantly worse position than we were the first time we dropped into L1.

Edited by DE.

Just now, DE. said:

If we fail to win our next two matches before the international break then that will be 8 games without a win. Even if we draw both matches our return would be a pathetic 4 points out of 24, and if we lose both then it'll be 2 points out of 24. Even a win and a draw would only be 6 points out of 24, and that's optimistic!

I'm really tired of watching us go through these nosedives under Mowbray. I've said before that one day we won't be able to pull ourselves up out of it and it feels like we might be there this time. The Huddersfield match could have been the point where we pulled ourselves up but we threw two points away. Yesterday again, but this time we threw the entire lot away. Confidence must be rock bottom in the camp at this point and TM's increasingly withdrawn demeanour on the touchline suggests he knows this time it might be terminal. If we fail to register any wins before the international break he really should walk - although I very much doubt he will. If we do go down this season then every good thing he's done here will essentially be erased. We'll be right back to square one and this time I think most of our better players (Dack, Lenihan, Holtby, Rothwell, Travis) will be out of here leaving us in a significantly worse position than we were the first time we dropped into L1.

Sheff wed and Leeds ...I think there's a fair chance we won't be picking up 6 or 3 points out of that ... 1 if we are lucky 

I have been a fan of Mowbray I think he turned the club around and we would of stayed up had he been appointed earlier than he did , but he's gone Into Wenger territory now , blindly ignoring our defence while adding attacking midfielders like a kid in a sweet shop , but......

His time is now coming to an end , I really hope the club do him a favour and release him now while he still holds some respect from Rovesr fans

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

I would say the comparison is more like bowyer. Two decent blokes who brought back credibility then get hopefully out of their depth. They’re both quite boring monotone people coming out with the same inane comments.

For me with bowyer there was a tipping point where good will turned in to annoyance at practically everything he said. Now Mowbray with his “we’ll try” and his finger pointing at everyone but himself is going the same way.

Also I agree 100% zero comparisons can be made with Kean. I think the current situation is bad but it’s a milllion times better than shenanigans under Kean 

For all my frustration with Bowyer, I didn't think he'd relegate us. I think if we stick with Mowbray that's the way we will go.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Didn't he walk from Coventry after 10 without a win?

Christ, just seen the goals...

What on earth is Walton doing for their first- he's up there with Steele. Terrible keeper.

Bennett.. What on earth is he doing pulling him back in the area like that? Absolutely no need, the ball was moving into an area where just getting himself between the player and Waltons goal would have sufficed- stupid petulant stuff.

I don't think we're a million miles away from being a side which could be competing for the play-offs..

But until we've addressed the keeper and defensive issues created by TM we're going to be cannon fodder..

It's really bad management, he highlighted prior to the end of the season our need for defenders, then did nothing about it- well two loans, but still..

I feel TM has totally lost his way and doesn't know his best 11 anymore due to the constant and pointless rotation- always worrying about the opposition, always on the back foot- fed up of it now.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

To be fair to Bennett last weeks looked to be a mistake by the ref and for this week he had tracked back with the runner in to the box after the rest of the team had gone AWOL

Can’t absolve him of the penalty yesterday, it was a brainless decision from him after he’d done well to track the run 

32 minutes ago, DE. said:

I'm really tired of watching us go through these nosedives under Mowbray. I've said before that one day we won't be able to pull ourselves up out of it and it feels like we might be there this time. The Huddersfield match could have been the point where we pulled ourselves up but we threw two points away. Yesterday again, but this time we threw the entire lot away. Confidence must be rock bottom in the camp at this point and TM's increasingly withdrawn demeanour on the touchline suggests he knows this time it might be terminal. If we fail to register any wins before the international break he really should walk - although I very much doubt he will. If we do go down this season then every good thing he's done here will essentially be erased. We'll be right back to square one and this time I think most of our better players (Dack, Graham, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Holtby, Rothwell, Travis) will be out of here leaving us in a significantly worse position than we were the first time we dropped into L1.

A very important point, not to be overlooked.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Christ, just seen the goals...

What on earth is Walton doing for their first- he's up there with Steele. Terrible keeper.

Bennett.. What on earth is he doing pulling him back in the area like that? Absolutely no need, the ball was moving into an area where just getting himself between the player and Waltons goal would have sufficed- stupid petulant stuff.

I don't think we're a million miles away from being a side which could be competing for the play-offs..

But until we've addressed the keeper and defensive issues created by TM we're going to be cannon fodder..

It's really bad management, he highlighted prior to the end of the season our need for defenders, then did nothing about it- well two loans, but still..

I feel TM has totally lost his way and doesn't know his best 11 anymore due to the constant and pointless rotation- always worrying about the opposition, always on the back foot- fed up of it now.

He's never known his best 11. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RTM08 said:

In all honesty were any of us expecting more than midtable with our defence? The only reason anyone got their hopes up is because TM opened his big mouth. He keeps doing it more and more with talk of "easier fixtures" and points targets that clearly this squad just aren't capable of hitting.

He needs to either walk or shut up and do his job properly.

Well he didn't get my hopes up, I stopped believing him a long time ago. My hopes were dashed in August---close of Transfer Window.

Plenty on here told me different though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, booth said:

For all my frustration with Bowyer, I didn't think he'd relegate us. I think if we stick with Mowbray that's the way we will go.

Bowyer had some idea as to how to organise a defence and make us hard to beat. It wasn't always easy on the eye and we drew a lot of games but didn't concede all over the shop 2-3 goals a game and didn't have regular collapses like we do now.

Just now, JHRover said:

Bowyer had some idea as to how to organise a defence and make us hard to beat. It wasn't always easy on the eye and we drew a lot of games but didn't concede all over the shop 2-3 goals a game and didn't have regular collapses like we do now.

For all Bowyer's faults at least he made sure we actually had centre backs at the club! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

16th in the Championship when Bowyer was sacked - 10th November. Bowyer also had the embargo to deal with.

We're now 17th and it's 27th October.

• Like 1