BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbrays mate, the incompetent Steve Waggott was telling fans yesterday that basically Mowbray is going nowhere. Naive to think otherwise.

Screenshot_20191027-133035_Twitter.jpg

Waggott employed TM.  This makes it unlikely that he is going to encourage the V’s to pull the trigger.  Also our owners will be reluctant to pay his compensation up until the end of his fixed term contract.  

TM is here for the foreseeable unless he walks upsets madams cat or another agency gets into balajis ear .. TM has surrounded himself with his mates Lowe venus and Waggot he's virtually unsackable from within Ewood 

Let's not forget TM oversaw our relegation after the helping hand of Coyle 

Since 2010 we have been a joke.. I wish these chicken pluckers would FO

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Waggott employed TM.  This makes it unlikely that he is going to encourage the V’s to pull the trigger.  Also our owners will be reluctant to pay his compensation up until the end of his fixed term contract.  

He did not. Paul Senior uncovered the Mowbray gem

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbrays mate, the incompetent Steve Waggott was telling fans yesterday that basically Mowbray is going nowhere. Naive to think otherwise.

Screenshot_20191027-133035_Twitter.jpg

It won’t be Waggot’s decision, he’s a pawn. Suhail is the decision maker at Ewood nowadays, we can only hope that he’s built up enough footballing knowledge in his time here to know that Mowbray must go ASAP, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 3

Just now, RV Blue said:

It won’t be Waggot’s decision, he’s a pawn. Suhail is the decision maker at Ewood nowadays, we can only hope that he’s built up enough footballing knowledge in his time here to know that Mowbray must go ASAP, but I’m not holding my breath.

Not holding my breath either. Wouldn't trust Pasha's judgement in a game of dominoes

Too early yet for any change, regardless of what most on here say, Mowbray and Waggot have stabilised the club, the whole infrastructure of the club is better than a few years ago, the problem with just sacking him is who to bring in, most of the names mentioned on here wouldn’t come nowhere near here, unfortunately we have some very unusual owners who don’t attend matches and expect managers to go to Pune twice a year. At least with TM they seem to trust him and leave it to him and Waggot to run operations over here.

Obviously last 6 games the results are not good enough  and I’d wait until Xmas before any rash decision is made, not much improvement, bring someone in, but talk about Hughes, Hughton, big Sam,no chance, folk mentioned Holloway and he’d come in a flash but he’s a nutter.

Think I’d probably go for up and coming manager like Gareth Ainsworth, with Damien Johnson as no 2, but wait till the new year.

BTW for all them who remember, don’t think many were clambering for Dalglish to go when he lost 6 on the bounce before squeezing into the play offs, and we all know what happened after that......

• Like 1

Many club’s have a decent infrastructure, often said infrastructure is improved by the manager, fair play to him for the work he has put in, but he isn’t the Sporting Director. The buck stops with him for results on the pitch.

If he can no longer get a tune out of the players he has to go. And his record over the last THIRTY games (not 6) is relegation form.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Just now, unsall said:

Too early yet for any change, regardless of what most on here say, Mowbray and Waggot have stabilised the club, the whole infrastructure of the club is better than a few years ago, the problem with just sacking him is who to bring in, most of the names mentioned on here wouldn’t come nowhere near here, unfortunately we have some very unusual owners who don’t attend matches and expect managers to go to Pune twice a year. At least with TM they seem to trust him and leave it to him and Waggot to run operations over here.

Obviously last 6 games the results are not good enough  and I’d wait until Xmas before any rash decision is made, not much improvement, bring someone in, but talk about Hughes, Hughton, big Sam,no chance, folk mentioned Holloway and he’d come in a flash but he’s a nutter.

Think I’d probably go for up and coming manager like Gareth Ainsworth, with Damien Johnson as no 2, but wait till the new year.

BTW for all them who remember, don’t think many were clambering for Dalglish to go when he lost 6 on the bounce before squeezing into the play offs, and we all know what happened after that......

I'm not being funny unsall but what have you been watching for the past 12 months?

What makes you think we'll turn it around before Christmas?

The comparison to 1992 is just crackers.

• Like 3

Just now, darrenrover said:

I'm not being funny unsall but what have you been watching for the past 12 months?

What makes you think we'll turn it around before Christmas?

The comparison to 1992 is just crackers.

I’ve been watching a lower-mid table team managed by an outdated manager got on the cheap off the scrap heap, run by people who never take fans’ views into account, who have a appointed a string of poor, cheap managers.

So yes, let’s assume they will respect the views of some - not all - fans, sack him and chase after Chris Hughton. 

• Like 2

Just now, unsall said:

Its a rot that started at Preston away last Novmber and has been ongoing for 11 months. We are almost on relegation form over the past 30 odd games despite the fact we won four on the bounce at the end of last year. Managers dont get a clean slate every summer. 

There are loads of managers out there that would come. Not sacking him because we "dont know who we would get" was used by people justifying Coyle stopping longer than he should, and that ultimately relegated us.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7

Just now, Hasta said:

Its a rot that started at Preston away last Novmber and has been ongoing for 11 months. We are almost on relegation form over the past 30 odd games despite the fact we won four on the bounce at the end of last year. Managers dont get a clean slate every summer. 

There are loads of managers out there that would come. Not sacking him because we "dont know who we would get" was used by people justifying Coyle stopping longer than he should, and that ultimately relegated us.

Abso bloody lutely!!

There's no doubt in my mind that Mowbray will relegate us, if not this season then next. The argument of 'who would come' is moot if this is the ultimate outcome, there HAS to be a change.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Suhail, aside from the ownership he's the one constant in the director/manager/coaches and players revolving door along with many odd signings and sales and all the rest.

Lets just think about that for a moment and wonder what he actually does for his wages and who his pals are ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LDRover said:

At no sane club can a manager keep his job despite having TWO separate considerable runs of games without a win within 12 months yet here we are. Spot the deliberate use of words in that sentence.

This is why I find it hard to care. 

They've broken my spirit these people have. Completely killed off any hope of improvement. 

This is the TENTH year of their reign. I'm going out of my nut with it all. It's beyond a shit show. 

They're turning this club into a write off

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, unsall said:

Fair enough for having the balls to post what you have cos many people wouldn't have done. 

Whilst I grateful for stabilising the club and for putting in place a proper infrastructure compare to past years, I feel Mowbray is repeating the same mistakes of his Boro and Coventry days, not signing a centre back leader. Would you not agree that the failing to sign an experience keeper, centre back and right back is costly us dearly now? 

Yes you are quite correct that we have unusual owners who expect the manager and staff to go to India as they wont come here. People can bang on about it being wrong but its their way and they aint changing any time soon. 

I agree that Hughes, Big Sam or Hughton aint coming here. 

Not sure that Holloway would be the right appointment either at the current time. 

I tend to agree Ainsworth would be good appointment. I think Damien Johnson could be the right appointment with the right staff around him. I would also look at Nigel Pearson, Calrlos Carvalhl, Nigel Adkins, Maybe Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson. I am sure that some overseas managers will apply for the job aswell. 

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yes they are loads of managers out there but would you really want them here tho. Like for example, how would you feel if we appoint someone like Pardew or Paul Clement? 

If change needs making by christmas then we might as well get on with it. It could take till christmas for a new manager to get in and assess the situation and try to do something about it in the January window. If we wait till christmas to change then well miss the window or rush and make stupid mistakes again. Get it done now and we have a chance of doing a bit better than just surviving

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Suhail, aside from the ownership he's the one constant in the director/manager/coaches and players revolving door along with many odd signings and sales and all the rest.

Lets just think about that for a moment and wonder what he actually does for his wages and who his pals are ?

Suhail,the man who was observed laughing and taking pictures of drenched protesters outside Ewood.

Top bloke.

• Like 2

We've already missed out on 4-5 candidates who have now gone elsewhere - Monk, Rowett, Warburton, Cowley- who are all doing well at their new clubs or in Rowett's case got off to a good start. We will sit idly by twiddling our thumbs for another couple of months despite the writing being on the wall and wait for the remaining decent options to be snapped up and until January is out of the way to ensure no decent manager will demand funds to improve us. 

It's a dereliction of duty by those owning the club and supposedly running it. 

As ever the irony is that everyone that watches us can see what is happening yet those.paid fortunes to do something about it won't act and won't face reality.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they are loads of managers out there but would you really want them here tho. Like for example, how would you feel if we appoint someone like Pardew or Paul Clement? 

Underwhelmed, like I felt when they appointed Mowbray.  But once you believe we are going backwards and in danger of going down then it's better rolling the dice. 

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

We've already missed out on 4-5 candidates who have now gone elsewhere - Monk, Rowett, Warburton, Cowley- who are all doing well at their new clubs or in Rowett's case got off to a good start. We will sit idly by twiddling our thumbs for another couple of months despite the writing being on the wall and wait for the remaining decent options to be snapped up and until January is out of the way to ensure no decent manager will demand funds to improve us. 

It's a dereliction of duty by those owning the club and supposedly running it. 

As ever the irony is that everyone that watches us can see what is happening yet those.paid fortunes to do something about it won't act and won't face reality.

We'll stay up this season (barely), Mowbray will get the boot in the summer, we'll cash-in on Dack, Lenihan, Rothwell, Travis to comply with FFP then appoint someone like Warren Joyce as manager.

• Like 3