BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Would have to be 3), however, you would need a manager who knew what he was doing and, IMO, Mowbray is most certainly not that man.  You buy quality with a resale value not, IMO, dross like Armstrong, Brereton and Gallagher.

Agree - if these morons are as wealthy as we all think and their indifference to £200million of debt suggests they might be then I don’t get why they don’t do a proper job in hiring a proper manager and bankrolling is into the PL. that’s the only way they will get any significant sum back .Alternatively it’s death by a thousand cuts and ten years from now we’ll be saying the same things but half a billion in debt.

makes zero sense and never has .

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TBTF said:

Agree - if these morons are as wealthy as we all think and their indifference to £200million of debt suggests they might be then I don’t get why they don’t do a proper job in hiring a proper manager and bankrolling is into the PL. that’s the only way they will get any significant sum back .Alternatively it’s death by a thousand cuts and ten years from now we’ll be saying the same things but half a billion in debt.

makes zero sense and never has .

Exactly,  where might we be if they just spent that 200 million as soon as they came in?  Well,  under that bald non-dog owning twat,  maybe worse off lol

We were down in the Midlands at the weekend visiting friends.Every time we've visited them on a Saturday we've lost in the past. I've told my mate he's a real Jonah. We'd been out for a meal and got back just before half time. He put SKY sports on the TV and said " There you are, 2-0 up, the curse is lifted ". I said " I'll tell you what, I'll take a draw now ".

I sat through the second half reports watching my worst fears being realised. Just why is it that I absolutely knew we wouldn't hold on to that lead ?

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We were down in the Midlands at the weekend visiting friends.Every time we've visited them on a Saturday we've lost in the past. I've told my mate he's a real Jonah. We'd been out for a meal and got back just before half time. He put SKY sports on the TV and said " There you are, 2-0 up, the curse is lifted ". I said " I'll tell you what, I'll take a draw now ".

I sat through the second half reports watching my worst fears being realised. Just why is it that I absolutely knew we wouldn't hold on to that lead ?

Thats the sad thing. Its almost expected now.  We could be 4 up and i would still not be confident of winning.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Absolutely true story. I sat with my mate on Sat aft having told him there was no chance we’d leave deep dale with a single point. He laughed as the second one went in but in absolutely the same way as you ‘knew’ I turned to him with my phone saying I was that confident that I’d have a tenner on us to lose at that point. I got 9-1 at BV and the rest is history.

I’ve never done that since Kean. The teams ability to implode is written into Mowbrays regime now. He’s consistently terrible at managing games to a favourable end and that’s the reason why I personally now want a change. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

On 28 October 2019 at 16:01, Paul Mani said:

I hate to say it, but I think a lot of you are massively overreacting. Talk of relegation and limbo etc...this coming from a person (myself) who thinks we would benefit from a change of manager.

Mowbrays biggest issue is the pressure he’s heaped on himself by publicly aiming for a top 6 finish. Had he come out saying he was looking for incremental progress and maybe a top 10 finish then the hysteria and subsequent thirst for all and any evidence to back up his sacking would be much less. 

He’s naturally under pressure with the recent run of results because they have been poor. But he can quite easily mitigate those runs with key injuries in the new year and at present. More importantly, this pressure isn’t putting his job at risk. Not at the moment anyway. Because his employers, the players, coaches etc all know what is going on behind the scenes. In fairness, the only metric the fans have are winning or losing games...but surely most people can see that the club are going to stick with him until he has drained that professional bank account with everyone. 

I don’t even think that 20% of the fan base truly want him out. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely true story. I sat with my mate on Sat aft having told him there was no chance we’d leave deep dale with a single point. He laughed as the second one went in but in absolutely the same way as you ‘knew’ I turned to him with my phone saying I was that confident that I’d have a tenner on us to lose at that point. I got 9-1 at BV and the rest is history.

I’ve never done that since Kean. The teams ability to implode is written into Mowbrays regime now. He’s consistently terrible at managing games to a favourable end and that’s the reason why I personally now want a change. 

Make your bloody mind up. Which is it?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

One time we were down there when we were playing Norwich away. The game were we let a 3-1 lead slide away in the last couple of minutes. Again we'd been out for a meal and as soon as we got in the car to drive back my pal put the radio on. Norwich scored immediately, right after that they got a penalty.  I know we drew but it felt like a really bad defeat and what would ultimately be a very costly result.

• Like 1

It all comes down to a complete lack of organisation and discipline. This are the required attributes when put under pressure. It’s the need to intuitively no your role and that of each of the men around you and the discipline for each individual to stick to the plan regardless of opposition pressure.

Examples england rugby v New Zealand, dalglish Hughes and alardyce rovers teams. Ferguson most of his teams.

This come from the management and nowhere else. Mowbray I feel does not give any clear direction or leadership and then blames individuals for the failure to complete the task. Which has a general principle of management is poor in itself.

There are countless examples of teams being greater than the sum of there parts due to organisation and discipline. We are I feel are a working example of how not to manage.

finally has an aside before someone comes forward and says league one promotion. Mowbray by his own admission handed over organisation and discipline to the senior professionals. Isn’t it strange that the absence of Conway Mulgrew and the sidelining of Graham has left just Bennett coveting every position on the field and I suspect the dressing room. While Mowbray rejects responsibility for failure and blames it on the younger players. In my opinion and for the reasons above change is required and inevitable 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

Make your bloody mind up. Which is it?

I’m very clear in my mind. After Saturday, I said that I felt it was time for a change. The reason you’re probably confused now is because I didn’t think it necessary following my decision to jump up and down shouting, screaming and hurling insults at players, managers and the owners in order to make my point.

Ive been pretty clear on why I have made my decision. The other references I have made to the manager, being safe for the moment are based on a wider view of what is likely or unlikely imo.

So essentially, if it were upto me (which it isn’t) then I would change the manager for the reasons I’ve outlined. But I don’t think Mowbray is at that point yet with the owners, directors or the vast majority of the fans.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I’m very clear in my mind. After Saturday, I said that I felt it was time for a change. The reason you’re probably confused now is because I didn’t think it necessary following my decision to jump up and down shouting, screaming and hurling insults at players, managers and the owners in order to make my point.

Ive been pretty clear on why I have made my decision. The other references I have made to the manager, being safe for the moment are based on a wider view of what is likely or unlikely imo.

So essentially, if it were upto me (which it isn’t) then I would change the manager for the reasons I’ve outlined. But I don’t think Mowbray is at that point yet with the owners, directors or the vast majority of the fans.

Agree were desperate for a change. Also agree that hes onto a cushy number with the board (who he helped select) and the Owners and therefore is unlikely the get the can anytime soon. Its wrong on all levels that a manager is under no pressure to perform because the board are essentially his mates. 

Disagree that the majority of fans want him to stay. Look at the poll on this site. 90% in favour of out.  

Edited by benhben

I think what we have now with TM is a Ray Harford type scenario with fans, most still like him and are grateful for the decent stuff he's done but have known for a long time it isn't really working out.  They just haven't got the heart to turn on him or hound him out...yet...and just hope someone will step up and do the deed for everybody's sake.

Jack was allegedly in tears when he sacked Ray saying sorry its come to this son but i have to put the club first !

Maybe we aren't at that juncture position wise but if things don't turn around starting on Saturday you wouldn't bet against it in another months time.

Edited by tomphil

The fear of us getting a worse replacement must be weighing heavy on many fans too. Another legacy of Kean and Coyle is all other managers look mega stars in comparison. Thus both expectations of what a manager could do and hope any new man would be better are at rock bottom. 

For me, I think we're picking up downwards momentum and TM, who was never that good, has completely lost it, and therefore think the risks are minimal in a replacement. I also don't think a club can prosper when the manager choses his own boss and that needs sorting too. (Ideally Venkys bog off too but thinking realistically the first 2 things can and need to happen.) 

However with Coyle the last but one appointment I can see why fans are wary. For me the rewards outweigh the risks of continuing our free fall under TM but even so, even the most ardent of Tony Out stance fans will be more than a little nervous as to who comes into the hotseat. 

Not that it matters - he is as safe as houses with this lot in charge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think what we have now with TM is a Ray Harford type scenario with fans, most still like him and are grateful for the decent stuff he's done but have known for a long time it isn't really working out.  They just haven't got the heart to turn on him or hound him out...yet...and just hope someone will step up and do the deed for everybody's sake.

Jack was allegedly in tears when he sacked Ray saying sorry its come to this son but i have to put the club first !

Maybe we aren't at that juncture position wise but if things don't turn around starting on Saturday you wouldn't bet against it in another months time.

Wasn't Uncle Jack also unhappy when we had to sack Woy? I remember hearing that he balled out the players afterwards.

Tbh, I'd be angrier with the manager spunking £20m on Davies, Dailly, Ward and Blake :blink:

Just now, Amo said:

Wasn't Uncle Jack also unhappy when we had to sack Woy? I remember hearing that he balled out the players afterwards.

Tbh, I'd be angrier with the manager spunking £20m on Davies, Dailly, Ward and Blake :blink:

I think that's a big part of the reason he punted Woy when he did as well as the results obviously. Had he invested a bit more wisely or not spent as much i reckon he'd have survived a bit longer.

Jack to be fair did all his managerial gambles in the pursuit of more success and backed them all with big money so it was always eventually going to come good again.  This lot want to penny pinch with one hand whilst at the same time the other hand pours money directly down the toilet.

Surround yourself with the best, pay for it and it will eventually deliver was Jacks motto.  Happily flounder along whilst making rich any Tom, Dick or Harry who your mates bring in seems to have been Venkys.

• Moderation Lead
On 29/10/2019 at 10:33, Paul Mani said:

Waffle. 

It's obviously fine to think that a post like that is waffle, if that's your opinion. 

But please can we make sure we're putting more meat on the bones than this please? 

Edited by K-Hod

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

The fear of us getting a worse replacement must be weighing heavy on many fans too. Another legacy of Kean and Coyle is all other managers look mega stars in comparison. Thus both expectations of what a manager could do and hope any new man would be better are at rock bottom. 

For me, I think we're picking up downwards momentum and TM, who was never that good, has completely lost it, and therefore think the risks are minimal in a replacement. I also don't think a club can prosper when the manager choses his own boss and that needs sorting too. (Ideally Venkys bog off too but thinking realistically the first 2 things can and need to happen.) 

However with Coyle the last but one appointment I can see why fans are wary. For me the rewards outweigh the risks of continuing our free fall under TM but even so, even the most ardent of Tony Out stance fans will be more than a little nervous as to who comes into the hotseat. 

Not that it matters - he is as safe as houses with this lot in charge. 

The general pattern is for highly inexperienced novices, who are glad to get an opportunity and compliant.

Coyle's managerial reputation was in tatters, long before he arrived here.

There was a time, when we kept losing our managers to top-flight teams. That was only because we were very clever at recruiting them-Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall and Mackay were known, competent managers. Don was the only one, who did not get "poached".

Compare that list with Kean, Coyle, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer etc..

Yet they keep asking us to believe that they want promotion. Bollux!

• Like 1