BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, JHRover said:

True, but there are many clubs with absentee owners who fill that vacuum with high quality administrators who are expected to perform. 

Here we don't have Chairmen, CEOs, sporting directors, technical directors or other expertise. We have dodgy agents, tv pundits, part timers, snake oil salesmen and managers mates.

Yup, they could've kept John Williams & co. in situ and spared themselves all the payoffs and NDAs, not to mention the untold millions lost from the club's relegations.

We still have no idea who's making the important decisions. I guess some things never change.

• Backroom
Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Well said that man.

Your second paragraph perfectly sums up the club's predicament.

Of course, results on the pitch and the choice of manager are important to all Rovers' fans but the club itself and it's heritage are paramount.

I understand that some people may consider my posts as waffle because I usually comment on the owners, not the football, but that to me is the most important issue at the moment. Something has to change at some point. Fan pressure can have an affect but after 10 years I think fatigue has set in for most people. 

One thing is for sure, we will still be here when Venky's have gone. I hope we still have a club to support.

For the record calling your post "waffle" was unacceptable. The only reason I didn't hide it was because by the time I saw it there had already been some proper discussion generated from it and I didn't want to have to hide it all. Nothing wrong with your posts at all mate so keep going.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Well said that man.

Your second paragraph perfectly sums up the club's predicament.

Of course, results on the pitch and the choice of manager are important to all Rovers' fans but the club itself and it's heritage are paramount.

I understand that some people may consider my posts as waffle because I usually comment on the owners, not the football, but that to me is the most important issue at the moment. Something has to change at some point. Fan pressure can have an affect but after 10 years I think fatigue has set in for most people. 

One thing is for sure, we will still be here when Venky's have gone. I hope we still have a club to support.

Aye, in fact, it's the first time I've seen a post have two pages of 'likes'. 

Given how divided views on this site have been in recent months, that's nothing short of remarkable. 

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Aye, in fact, it's the first time I've seen a post have two pages of 'likes'. 

Given how divided views on this site have been in recent months, that's nothing short of remarkable. 

Quality posts like that are why I'll always prefer forums to facebook or twitter! 

• Like 2

If you read that article it claims to know about a group of Rovers fans who don't want this takeover as their club would 'loose' its identity. Absolute horse**** pretending to be journalism.

Direct quote: "most of Rover’s fans are keen on the idea of becoming rich club."

Some child with access to Google translate had a dream last night after watching old Premiership highlights...

• Like 2

Just now, markhayhurst said:

I knew the answer, but thought it would spark discussion re: all things Venkys etc. I guess the fact that people recently are making this rubbish up is indicative of the mess Mowbray is currently making of things.

No point in torturing ourselves about what we could have, knowing it won't be happening.

• Backroom
Just now, Riverside under the drip said:

Direct quote: "most of Rover’s fans are keen on the idea of becoming rich club."

:lol: yeah, because there's so many fans who are desperate for the club to remain poor, in debt and uncompetitive! Redundant writing at its finest.

3 hours ago, markhayhurst said:

Fake news??

PSG owner Nasser Al Khelaïfi wants to buy Blackburn Rovers

Anything in this...

https://sportsrecents.com/en/blog/?p=109

It was in the newspapers in the Summer that he wants to buy a lower league club to build it up, Rovers were mentioned. If I remember correctly Leeds knocked him back.

I reckon whoever wrote this is just trawling through old articles and rehashing them for a few quid for a webmaster who can't be arsed to write his own rubbish and needs content to bump the site on Google.

Sale of Rovers on this thread is way off topic. 

Weekends comments on the whole were as many of us expected. TM has done what he can and the longer the club waits to replace him or bring in a change at management level the deeper this crisis becomes. Doesn't look like change will happen which means we can expect the same process through team preparation and game time followed by in all probability this message board anger.

Luton, Charlton to mention two games but also still fuming with the PNE result. TM's lack of appreciation for our faithful following, his team selection and his lack of tactics to change a game is annoying and results in negative feelings and game loss. Not looking forward to atmosphere on Saturday. We have the players, and I don't just mean senior level, but not the management structure under TM. We need gifted staff that can start bringing this club together on the pitch then the club can begin to climb this division. Pointless waiting as some have suggested, the club should have acted months ago and I fear this will continue to be the case in the coming months.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m very clear in my mind. After Saturday, I said that I felt it was time for a change. The reason you’re probably confused now is because I didn’t think it necessary following my decision to jump up and down shouting, screaming and hurling insults at players, managers and the owners in order to make my point.

Ive been pretty clear on why I have made my decision. The other references I have made to the manager, being safe for the moment are based on a wider view of what is likely or unlikely imo.

So essentially, if it were upto me (which it isn’t) then I would change the manager for the reasons I’ve outlined. But I don’t think Mowbray is at that point yet with the owners, directors or the vast majority of the fans.

I think the problem is that posters who share the same frustration as you do, are accused of "over-reaction".

Given the severity of the issues facing the club and the love we have for it, I think reactions have been very tempered.

Hard to see how anyone could over-react to this situation on a forum.

19 minutes ago, benhben said:

The latest LET article reads as if it was written by Mowbray himself...blaming injuries in defence to the current downturn in form. Not the fact recruitment in that area has been woeful. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18004233.mowbray-need-short-break-not-permanent-one/

Jesus Christ, that "first 45mins at Deepdale" is turning into our Istanbul.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Amo said:

Jesus Christ, that "first 45mins at Deepdale" is turning into our Istanbul.

Nobody is addressing the question of our lack of fighting spirit. The minute something goes against us, like Walton's howler on Saturday, we start feeling sorry for ourselves and we fold. We tells ourselves " It's just not going to be our day ". That tells me the team spirit in the camp is at rock bottom. Good teams stick together in adversity.

Look at the England RU team last Saturday. They're playing really well against dangerous opponents and they've just got their noses in front in a very tight game. Then all of a sudden they overthrow a line out ball and they absolutely gift the Kiwi's 7 points to bring them right back in the game. A terrible mistake, the equivalent of an unforced own goal in football. If that had have been Rovers our opponents would have seized on that mistake and they would have gone on to win the game comfortably as Preston did.

Did England fold ? England teams in the past would have done. But these lads didn't. They've got a great team spirit in the camp and they went on to crush the Kiwi's.That spirit did't just arrive , it was developed by the managerial team. Put Eddie Jones on that list of candidates for the Rovers job.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nobody is addressing the question of our lack of fighting spirit. The minute something goes against us, like Walton's howler on Saturday, we start feeling sorry for ourselves and we fold. We tells ourselves " It's just not going to be our day ". That tells me the team spirit in the camp is at rock bottom. Good teams stick together in adversity.

Look at the England RU team last Saturday. They're playing really well against dangerous opponents and they've just got their noses in front in a very tight game. Then all of a sudden they overthrow a line out ball and they absolutely gift the Kiwi's 7 points to bring them right back in the game. A terrible mistake, the equivalent of an unforced own goal in football. If that had have been Rovers our opponents would have seized on that mistake and they would have gone on to win the game comfortably as Preston did.

Did England fold ? England teams in the past would have done. But these lads didn't. They've got a great team spirit in the camp and they went on to crush the Kiwi's.That spirit did't just arrive , it was developed by the managerial team. Put Eddie Jones on that list of candidates for the Rovers job.

I don't know if it's just cognitive bias but I've never been confident of Rovers holding a lead. We always seem to make bloody hard work of it.

However, we do appear to be particularly brittle under Mowbray.

Edited by Amo

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whilst I agree with this I'd also add that the quality of that English rugby team is light years away from the quality in the current Blackburn Rovers squad. They know they've got world class players all over the pitch and a world class coach in the dressing room so it's much easier to believe in yourself.

Conversely I imagine Bradley Dack sees the opposition score, looks at Bennett in one of the full back positions and Mowbray shitting himself in the dugout and immediately wonders how long is left and if we can hold out. I'm not saying it's acceptable but it's understandable to a point. 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Whilst I agree with this I'd also add that the quality of that English rugby team is light years away from the quality in the current Blackburn Rovers squad. They know they've got world class players all over the pitch and a world class coach in the dressing room so it's much easier to believe in yourself.

Conversely I imagine Bradley Dack sees the opposition score, looks at Bennett in one of the full back positions and Mowbray shitting himself in the dugout and immediately wonders how long is left and if we can hold out. I'm not saying it's acceptable but it's understandable to a point. 

England are a good team but look at the quality of the opposition last Saturday and the fact this was a World Cup semi final.. On the other hand most independent  observers would say before the game that there wasn't much to chose between Rovers and Preston.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces