BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Amo said:

I don't know if it's just cognitive bias but I've never been confident of Rovers holding a lead. We always seem to make bloody hard work of it.

However, we do appear to be particularly brittle under Mowbray.

I think the rot really started with Coyle with all those goals conceded in the last ten minutes but Mowbray has done absolutely nothing to remedy it.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, benhben said:

The latest LET article reads as if it was written by Mowbray himself...blaming injuries in defence to the current downturn in form. Not the fact recruitment in that area has been woeful. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18004233.mowbray-need-short-break-not-permanent-one/

What a load of nonsense that is.

• Like 1

So last week it was Mark Venus' fault, apparently contributing nothing but a reminder of Paul Lambert and being expected to justify himself and now after another woeful and embarrassing defeat now the manager needs a mid-season holiday. 

I've read some rubbish in the Telegraph but the excuses for this failing manager are getting out of hand now. 

What next? Chef at Brockhall been making the wrong meals? Climate change affecting preparations? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, benhben said:

The latest LET article reads as if it was written by Mowbray himself...blaming injuries in defence to the current downturn in form. Not the fact recruitment in that area has been woeful. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18004233.mowbray-need-short-break-not-permanent-one/

Brilliant. I want him to go, but only to Benidorm for a couple of weeks.

Perhaps if he leaves it to the players to sort it out on field we might improve because on Saturday second half we played deeper than the first presumably under instructions from him at half time and he must have been happy with this because he did naff all to get us further up the pitch Stockley is hardly a speed merchant

3 hours ago, benhben said:

What a load of garbage. People complaining after "one poor game"?

What is it now, 47 points from 42 games?

He also just dismisses 11m (When I was at school 7 + 5 actually equalled 12) as if it doesn't matter.

Sadly most of the comments below are more concerned with dissing the resident Dingle troll on the site.than acknowledging our own problems.

One of the posters however had it right by daubing it the worst article ever written. As if you could send the manager off for a two week jolly mid season. Another had it right in pointing out we need to make a change now to give a new man the chance to give us the once over in advance of the January transfer window.

• Like 5

He’s right in one sense, if you’d have asked most folk at half time they wouldn’t have wanted him sacked.

Obviously that survey is skewed due to the fact we’d just put in a good first half performance. But for me I still witness a very sizeable constituency of support for TM at games.

I can foresee some rows erupting in the stands on Saturday if it looks like another defeat...

Edited by Mattyblue

It's always like that though it's the ones sitting on the fence who hold sway as far as the atmosphere is concerned. Winning and they'll happy clap with TMs staunchest, draw and it's silence but lose again they might just howl with those who've seen through it all this season and have had enough.

Remember the first home game in Lge 1 ?  That was quite fierce and came out of nowhere and when those in the middle - the majority - finally blow they tend to stay that way.

Not that it'll make any difference.

• Like 1

It was a strange game to assess the mood amongst the fans on Saturday. Firstly I'm sure there's a large proportion of the away support that only go to away games for the day out, to get beered and coked up and have the crack and a good sing song and banter with the opposition fans and for whom the result of that particular game is only a secondary consideration on the day. With it only being a local Derby I'm sure there were more of those sort of guys than usual who made the short trip on Saturday.

For the more discerning fan if I can put it like that it was also a weird game. Even if you were staunchly anti Mowbray there was nothing to moan about for most of the game, we were one up inside a minute, two up inside ten and everything looked rosy up until half time. We didn't go behind until relatively late on in the game and even then of course there was technically the chance to get back in the game so until that hope is extinguished by going two or three behind it's a bit churlish chanting for the manager's head as opposed to trying to cheer the team on to an equaliser.

I suspect the acid test would be if the side went 1-0 down in the first minute or two at Ewood and went in at half time say 0-2 down. I daresay Simon Smith would get a very different reaction to a straw poll at half time then.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, benhben said:

Sorry, I couldn’t get past the first paragraph. Just the mental image of our Simon walking around the away end at half time speaking to everyone he could to see if they thought Mowbray should go! “I spoke to quite a few people” :lol: Methinks he is simply paraphrasing Mowbray’s mate.

I like the idea of a ‘short’ break for Mowbray though. Two years should do it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tony responds to Fuckwits saying he needs a vacation....

Get ready for the big push to promotion. Half STs to go on sale soon.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18007391.bullish-mowbray-wants-keep-driving-rovers-ambitions/

This is the most deluded article I've ever read.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

There seems to be an increasing amount of weight attached to what Mowbray's aims and ambitions are and whether he has made life hard work for himself by setting the bar too high.

It's all nonsense.

Find me a manager in this division who doesn't want promotion and tries to get there. 

Sadly it needs more than desire and telling people that's what you want. It needs expertise, good transfer dealings and tactical skill which Mowbray doesn't have.

It also shouldn't be Mowbray setting any targets. It should be the owners and board who set those targets and then get a manager who can deliver. Seems here the manager tells the owners what his targets are. And then they wonder why it doesn't work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tony responds to Fuckwits saying he needs a vacation....

Get ready for the big push to promotion. Half STs to go on sale soon.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18007391.bullish-mowbray-wants-keep-driving-rovers-ambitions/

This article and the waffle I’ve just wasted 4 mins of my life listening to on radio Lancashire gives great insight into what he’s feeding back to the V’s...

’Gallagher banged two in’. ‘This league is so tight - if you’re 10th and you win, you’ll shoot up to 2nd’. ‘Villa were 16th this time last season and went up.’

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2