BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't think anyone at Rovers nor many of the fanbase yet realise the severity of the situation. 

This isn't a comfortable position where we can just sit back and wait for January or next summer to reassess. As others have correctly pointed out, results since this time last year have been just about survival mark, and that includes 9 points from dead rubbers against Bolton (struggling to even fulfil fixtures), QPR and Forest. 

Take those bonus points out and it is bad reading. Not mid table. Not play offs. Not comfortable. Barely survival. No room for error. That's reality. 

From what I've seen so far this season we look at best the same as last season and on occasions worse (our home results have deteriorated). The football remains dreadful to watch the majority of the time so we can't really cling to progress being made on that front. Nor has the defence really improved despite a few clean sheets in September. 

The penny will drop soon. It might take another couple of defeats or places down the table but soon the urgency and seriousness of the situation will become clear.

Factor in that we haven't really been that unlucky in that time, or we deserve what we have got, what happen if/when we do get a bit of bad luck, say a couple of unfortunate injuries or a result or two worse than what we deserve? There's no margin for error whatsoever. 

Oh and btw I don't count our defensive injuries as bad luck but bleeding obvious given no depth and injury prone defenders. Were Dack or Travis to get injured however it doesn't bare thinking about. 

• Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

Completely agree. Whenever I see stability mentioned in regards to Mowbray I can't help but disagree - we are not in a stable situation right now. We have a chronically underfunded defence which is our achilles' heel time and time again. We sold a goalkeeper we had trained from the academy and replaced him with a loanee of the same age who is at best no better and at worst a significant downgrade. We have blown £12m on two strikers who don't score regularly (or even play in Brereton's case). Many of our bright young talents are failing to click in the first team and either ending up back in the u23's or relegated to the bench. Our captain is shoehorned into the side no matter what, despite there being better options in every position he can play. Our best striker is being forced into retirement despite his replacements failing to impress. 

Forgetting the squad imbalance we keep going into these tailspins under Mowbray and that is simply not sustainable long-term. This is the third severe nosedive in form since the beginning of the 18/19 season, and each time we look less and less like pulling ourselves up out of it. Eventually we just won't recover and will end up sinking out of the division. If we fail to win either of our next two matches we go into the international break with a maximum of 4 points out of 24 and most likely rock bottom of the form table. If managerial change doesn't happen soon then I fear our league position will soon reflect our position in the form table. After nearly 3 years of Mowbray's management I don't see a silver lining. He's too stubborn and clouded in his views to change, as proven by his tendency to make the exact same mistakes at every job he's been at for the past decade or so. I don't think TM is capable of change and more importantly I don't think he's willing to change. I don't think he sees himself as the problem, so somebody else needs to recognise that and take action before we end up back where we started, with Mowbray's legacy in tatters.   

Great post.

Don't especially want to be a Jonah but...

Is it possible that TM will be the straw that breaks the Venk's backing of the club?

'Blow this for a game of soldiers. We can't trust anyone over there to get it right any more. We're off.'

It's going to happen at some point. That's a given. 

Just a matter of how and when, imo.

?

Edited by Tabula Rasa
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

Is it possible that TM will be the straw that breaks the Venk's backing of the club?

'Blow this for a game of soldiers. We can't trust anyone over there to get it right any more. We're off.'

?

After dinner at Venkys after Diwali, something along the lines of:

"The people who ripped us off were no good and the nice guys are no good either. We're no good at this game. We should stick to blingy parties with Paris Hilton and try that new lingerie range for larger men".

2 hours ago, Tabula Rasa said:

?

No, we'll carry on appointing no hopers until the end of time. Bobbing along at the bottom end of this league or the one below.

2 hours ago, Tabula Rasa said:

?

Nope more likely they'll just downgrade again like they did a few years ago and turn the taps to a trickle after realizing the money he's wasting won't take us to the promised land either.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2019 at 09:34, Mercer said:

Mowbray - if you really want to know what fitness, organisation, motivation, teamwork, tactics and good effective coaching really are then tune in to the Rugby World Cup Final tomorrow morning to watch our magnificent England team.

What happened Mercer? Hope Mowbray was watching S. Africa not England, who looked knackered and were out-coached.

32 minutes ago, Giant said:

What happened Mercer? Hope Mowbray was watching S. Africa not England, who looked knackered and were out-coached.

South Africa superbly drilled, defensively excellent and far too physically strong for England.

After the two semi finals, was very confident of England win........but.

SA win fully deserved.  Full stop.

I'm backing Rovers to spring a South African surprise.  Rovers to win 3-1.

Just now, Mercer said:

South Africa superbly drilled, defensively excellent and far too physically strong for England.

After the two semi finals, was very confident of England win........but.

SA win fully deserved.  Full stop.

I'm backing Rovers to spring a South African surprise.  Rovers to win 3-1.

Please could you predict a resounding defeat for once in your life? 

• Like 2

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I see Mowbray has awarded the og v Preston to Gallagher. Well, Tony, it's not in the stats no matter how much you want to justify yourself and your team selections.

* IMO a great header by Gallagher hit the post and was coming out away from goal when it hit the keeper 

Desperation from Mowbray to boost his underachieving £5k misfit.

How on earth can it be Gallaghers goal when the header wasn't even on target?

It seems like every interview he does now he says something stupid.