BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I was sent it today - not sure where it’s from, suspect it isn’t true. 

I bet it’s not far off  tbh. Eye watering total wage bill - no wonder with all the running costs we are losing fortunes every year !

• Like 1

A lot of figures on there tie in with what's been banded about at times in the press, even the LT in Armstrongs case so it'll be near the mark.

Gallagher though is surely based on his time at Saints but he won't be cheap nontheless and that is a fact.  If they are paying Johnson and Downing those wages though whoever signed that off should be sacked on the spot !

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

A lot of figures on there tie in with what's been banded about at times in the press, even the LT in Armstrongs case so it'll be near the mark.

Gallagher though is surely based on his time at Saints but he won't be cheap nontheless and that is a fact.  If they are paying Johnson and Downing those wages though whoever signed that off should be sacked on the spot !

Wonder how much Assombalonga is on.

Between them, Gallagher and Brereton are on £50k per week.

(If that site is correct of course).

Just now, Stuart said:

Wonder how much Assombalonga is on.

Between them, Gallagher and Brereton are on £50k per week.

(If that site is correct of course).

Well they were sniffing around him at about 10 mill and 30/40 k pwk so i'd have thought they might have got wind Gallagher would be available in summer so in typical fashion went for the cheaper fee option. Perhaps that swung them to pay him more.

Getting bang for your big bucks is an alien concept at Ewood if it can be done cheaper via old boys network or long time 'friends'.

As you say those two combined is two for the price of one in comparison with potential sell on profit.  Assombalonga despite probably being better than both and just the type needed doesn't offer that so good ready made players are out the running it seems.  In preference to investment types !!

Gambles that cost a fortune anyway but if your'e trying to run an investment vehicle on a pitch as opposed to actually putting together a side to go for it that's what will happen i suppose.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sam Gallagher on 40k a week? I upchucked my supper.

If that list is correct maybe this one is too.

Also from FB it's alleged to be Tony's entry for the FIFA 20 "All-Time World Eleven" competition.

Mowbray FIFA.jpg

??????

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18019452.rovers-weigh-options-mowbray-explains-travis-absence/

“I’ve left him out for a few games, because he’s been poor with his distribution and was getting caught on the ball.”

I dont necessarily think that as a standalone comment, that there is anything wrong with that, he may have a point. But he replaced him in central midfield with Elliott Bennett! Who cant pass wind. (Although if chaddy is to believe did a man marking job on Paul Gallagher that had Kante taking notes!)

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

“I’ve left him out for a few games, because he’s been poor with his distribution and was getting caught on the ball.”

Says more about his team mates if you ask me. No bugger moving ahead of him and you don’t want to be passing back to Del and Benno......

Now Nyambe has forced himself back in, he’s just gone and made an argument for his little Benno to go into the middle for a bit. You couldn’t make it up really. He just needs to feck off and we get a team where everyone earns their place in the team.....this kind of shit must play ell with the team spirit.  If Benno took my place in any part of that team I’d be fuming behind the scenes.  Not good

Mowbray Out

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

Meanwhile, Elliott Bennett has regular terrible performances, gives away penalties at will, but will never be dropped. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But he replaced him in central midfield with Elliott Bennett! Who cant pass wind. (Although if chaddy is to believe did a man marking job on Paul Gallagher that had Kante taking notes!)

No one mention Kante apart from yourself. 

I was at Deepdale myself and spoken to a number of Rovers and PNE fans who agreed.with my view. If you dont fine but you dont keep going on about still. Move on!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Says more about his team mates if you ask me. No bugger moving ahead of him and you don’t want to be passing back to Del and Benno......

Now Nyambe has forced himself back in, he’s just gone and made an argument for his little Benno to go into the middle for a bit. You couldn’t make it up really. He just needs to feck off and we get a team where everyone earns their place in the team.....this kind of shit must play ell with the team spirit.  If Benno took my place in any part of that team I’d be fuming behind the scenes.  Not good

Mowbray Out

If he leaves Travis out to accommodate Bennett then he needs his bumps felt.

More likely he’ll stick with him at right back with using Nyambe in the centre beside Adarabioyo, and Williams back out on the left with Downing covering.

Mowbray has fallen into the exact same trap that Coyle did. Everyone make way for the bloke who trains the hardest. Shame how it’s (not) working out, I used to really like Bennett but he is becoming that player.

Just as it was when Bowyer was here - another squad-that-could-have-been...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18019452.rovers-weigh-options-mowbray-explains-travis-absence/

I dont necessarily think that as a standalone comment, that there is anything wrong with that, he may have a point. But he replaced him in central midfield with Elliott Bennett! Who cant pass wind. (Although if chaddy is to believe did a man marking job on Paul Gallagher that had Kante taking notes!)

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It is still predominantly academy grads that get singled out for criticism by the looks of it...

Yes, this is what gets me. Bennett, Evans, Smallwood, Mulgrew Gally and Armstrong to name a few all have to go on monumentally bad runs of exceptional length before they are dropped - and some of them aren't even then. 

Others, like Johnston have been dropped, presumably for under performing and yet there's no peep of criticism saying why they were dropped (this goes also for Evans and Smallwood when eventually dropped.) It's pathetic behaviour. 

I coul be wrong but I am pretty sure that virtually all the players TM has singled out for criticism are under 24. Speaks volumes that this is the case. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

More likely he’ll stick with him at right back with using Nyambe in the centre beside Adarabioyo, and Williams back out on the left with Downing covering.

Del can’t play left back (he can’t play anywhere in my opinion) and he’s told Tony that. Someone is going to be pissed off and it’s all because he’s shoe horning Benno in.....

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Del can’t play left back (he can’t play anywhere in my opinion) and he’s told Tony that. Someone is going to be pissed off and it’s all because he’s shoe horning Benno in.....

I don't know if Mowbray's planning to move Benno into midfield. but I do think that gives him a handy excuse when he's struggling to shoehorn teacher's pet into the first XI.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2019 at 14:09, roversfan99 said:

The thing is, if he was quizzed on it, it'd have been easy to just say he's a young lad, needs a rest etc and be diplomatic but no, he digs him out in public. A bit of a recurring theme this with the youngsters and it is hardly for the good of the team.

Not sure he's as nice a bloke as is made out as well, he's got to go.

Just read this from the lancs evening telegraph yesterday 

I’ve left him out for a few games, because he’s been poor with his distribution and was getting caught on the ball,” Mowbray said.

“He was really good (against Wednesday), he was aggressive and on the front foot.

“These lads are learning the game and I’m sure that somewhere down the line, they’ll be good footballers for this club, but they have to learn from these mistakes and develop.

Yet again Mowbray is calling a player out for something that he hasn’t called a senior player out for. 

• Like 2