BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Just read this from the lancs evening telegraph yesterday 

I’ve left him out for a few games, because he’s been poor with his distribution and was getting caught on the ball,” Mowbray said.

“He was really good (against Wednesday), he was aggressive and on the front foot.

“These lads are learning the game and I’m sure that somewhere down the line, they’ll be good footballers for this club, but they have to learn from these mistakes and develop.

Yet again Mowbray is calling a player out for something that he hasn’t called a senior player out for. 

He is either a fool or he is deliberately keeping players down. Either way he is doing his best to temper expectations both from players and fans.

He needs to get out of the way.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

He is either a fool or he is deliberately keeping players down. Either way he is doing his best to temper expectations both from players and fans.

He needs to get out of the way.

The logic is confusing. If Travis has a below par game despite being our best centre mid he gets dropped. If for example Bennett has a poor game at right back he didn’t get dropped despite having Nyambe waiting in the wings. 

With the young players, he’s made a mess of the current squad and he’s not got it in him to give one a run of games ahead of the array of attacking players he has expensively assembled.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

The logic is confusing. If Travis has a below par game despite being our best centre mid he gets dropped. If for example Bennett has a poor game at right back he didn’t get dropped despite having Nyambe waiting in the wings. 

With the young players, he’s made a mess of the current squad and he’s not got it in him to give one a run of games ahead of the array of attacking players he has expensively assembled.

Meanwhile Bennett and Armstrong get a free pass.

Just now, Stuart said:

Meanwhile Bennett and Armstrong get a free pass.

Armstrong is a very good example. My view on him is he’s a useful player who is often wrongly deployed by Mowbray who sees him as a man for all seasons.

He calls Rothwell out for poor defensive work but Armstrong although he may appear to work harder is defensively out of position a lot. 

His shooting and final ball is often wasteful. I’ve seen him in some games this season where he’s been technically very poor (eg Fulham away where he kept running the ball out of play). He has a good game what 1 in 5? But he never criticises him in the press or leaves him out. 

• Like 2

On 06/11/2019 at 21:31, AllRoverAsia said:

Sam Gallagher on 40k a week? I upchucked my supper.

If that list is correct maybe this one is too.

Also from FB it's alleged to be Tony's entry for the FIFA 20 "All-Time World Eleven" competition.

Mowbray FIFA.jpg

Puyol at centre back!?! Disagree with Tonebola there with beckenbauer, Bobby Moore, baresi. Would also be tempted to put maldini at LB over Carlos. 

14 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Armstrong is a very good example. My view on him is he’s a useful player who is often wrongly deployed by Mowbray who sees him as a man for all seasons.

He calls Rothwell out for poor defensive work but Armstrong although he may appear to work harder is defensively out of position a lot. 

His shooting and final ball is often wasteful. I’ve seen him in some games this season where he’s been technically very poor (eg Fulham away where he kept running the ball out of play). He has a good game what 1 in 5? But he never criticises him in the press or leaves him out. 

Well he's the only real left sided option in this unbalanced squad, in TMs mind that is obviously discounting the left sided player Downing.  Oh and the left footed Bell who looks like he might be better there than LB.

Then on the other side of the coin Armstrong might be this seasons project, regular games, a few goals, prove versatile ( even if he isn't really ) = Value goes up.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, tomphil said:

Well he's the only real left sided option in this unbalanced squad, in TMs mind that is obviously discounting the left sided player Downing.  Oh and the left footed Bell who looks like he might be better there than LB.

Then on the other side of the coin they Armstrong might be this seasons project, regular games, a few goals, prove versatile ( even if he isn't really ) = Value goes up.

What about picking the best XI every week or is that too easy?

• Like 1

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

What about picking the best XI every week or is that too easy?

I'm not sure there actually is one because of the lack of balance that's why he feels he has to shuffle the pack all the time.  He doesn't know it if there is but a quarter way through a season and we haven't started the same side more than twice if at all says everything about his management style.

He's a man who forever lives in a twighlight zone the mechanics of getting the right cogs in the right places, making them function then leaving them there is alien to him. Certainly in this division anyway.

Just now, tomphil said:

I'm not sure there actually is one because of the lack of balance that's why he feels he has to shuffle the pack all the time.  He doesn't know it if there is but a quarter way through a season and we haven't started the same side more than twice if at all says everything about his management style.

He's a man who forever lives in a twighlight zone the mechanics of getting the right cogs in the right places, making them function then leaving them there is alien to him. Certainly in this division anyway.

Mowbray has yet to name an unchanged side this season.

• Like 1

Thats one of the problems  Burnley went up  just using 17 players  . Every player new his job, no round pegs in square  holes and a solid  back four two good strong center  halves  and a left back and a right back and a good keeper .It hurts too give that lot any credit  but its the ture

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Officially in the international break now go go go sacky sacky sack sack 

No chance. I wish there were.

Last Saturday has bought him 10 more games minimum.

He must have an approval rating to rival Trump and Labour under Corbyn.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

No chance. I wish there were.

Last Saturday has bought him 10 more games minimum.

He must have an approval rating to rival Trump and Labour under Corbyn.

Agreed 

Soon it will be ‘give him the Christmas period’

Then we will limp through with more losses with the odd win thrown in then it will be

’give him the January window’

then

’may as well see the season out’

It never ends 

• Like 7

• Backroom

We haven't kept a clean sheet in the league since September 14th. We've conceded at least two goals in 5 of our last 8 games. 

Mowbray has to go soon, or we're in for a very worrying next seven months or so. 

I said before PNE he was in 3 game territory for me and that's 3 points from 9. Just the kind of thing that'll keep his head above water but keep the team floundering. Fully expect similar from the next 3, after the next mini piss up holidays of course.

If this carries on it'll be a full blown crisis by the end of Jan. Absolutely no point saying next 3 games though.

Just now, Tom said:

Agreed 

Soon it will be ‘give him the Christmas period’

Then we will limp through with more losses with the odd win thrown in then it will be

’give him the January window’

then

’may as well see the season out’

It never ends 

What finally broke the loop in 12 Monkeys (the TV series)?

We need something similar - it's the only way out.

Just now, Husky said:

What finally broke the loop in 12 Monkeys (the TV series)?

We need something similar - it's the only way out.

“The 12 Games Of Mowbray”...

DLWW LDLD LLWL

12 pts from 36 available...

Equivalent form W1 D0 L2...

Extrapolated season return 46 pts...

Bottom four most seasons...

Fewer points that the Coyle/Mowbray relegation season...

• Like 1

I wasn't  behind him i just wanted  too enjoy the win last weekend . I'm sick too the back teeth with TM why say the teams going  for a 6th place finish. With the piss poor Defensive record  of last season the guys a clown the Season was over weeks ago thankyou TM

9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

See on social media that many are now behind Mowbray following one victory against SW. Turncoats. We’re facing a bloody relegation battle with him in charge FFS.

Everyone is entitled to their view. [Plenty of fans at Ewood Park are right behind him and think he is the right manager for us. Wont have a word said against him. 

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

We haven't kept a clean sheet in the league since September 14th. We've conceded at least two goals in 5 of our last 8 games. 

Mowbray has to go soon, or we're in for a very worrying next seven months or so. 

That stat isn't good enough 

His transfer business in the summer was just wrong and he didn't sign what we needed

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Everyone is entitled to their view. [Plenty of fans at Ewood Park are right behind him and think he is the right manager for us. Wont have a word said against him. 

That stat isn't good enough 

His transfer business in the summer was just wrong and he didn't sign what we needed

You still want him out Chaddy?

My view is still the same is that we need a change and that hasn't change on the back of 1 win. 

I listened to Norwich City's Sporting Director last night before their game and found what he had to say very interesting and I agree with most of what he said. 

We don't have a game for 2 weeks now so will the owners decide to make a change of manager. 

• Like 1