BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

How is Mowbray not under any pressure?

Because we have detached, uninterested owners, a pal of the manager as Chief Exec and a fan base who think mere survival in the Championship is now our ‘natural level’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

How is Mowbray not under any pressure?

Because nobody who has any power, knows or cares what is happening on the pitch. 

Now if we're stranded in the bottom 3 in March, someone might think "oh we might need to do something here".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

I can't remember where I read it but a few years back, it was claimed that Venkys watched every game live on tv.

I haven't heard that line being spun for a while now but I doubt they still do (if they ever actually did)

That's why they moved the camera gantry apparently. Didn't they claim every game is beamed live into the farmhouse in Pune ?

Just now, Blue blood said:

Spot on. Money isn't the only indicator of interest and ambition. 

Having no proper  corporate/executive structure, allowing managers to constantly underachieve and put in woeful performances,  presiding over 2 relegations all suggest they don't give a stuff. 

Don't think other than last season they have been great with the money either. 

10th anniversary looming. Arrgghhhh.

#FOV150

Edited by MCMC1875

Just now, Amo said:

Waggott has no sway. It will be Venkys "man on the ground" calling the shots.

What a nicely paid job Waggott has. He must be bored stiff driving round with obsoletely no responsibility. He's not stupid and can see what's happening as well as (most) we can. And as for the undercover man the whole set up is a complete joke. I'd be happy if Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray left as the only way we will become a happy, stable club is to start from scratch.  

Think I need to turn my pc off getting more wound up. 

• Like 8

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

What a nicely paid job Waggott has. He must be bored stiff driving round with obsoletely no responsibility. He's not stupid and can see what's happening as well as (most) we can. And as for the undercover man the whole set up is a complete joke. I'd be happy if Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray left as the only way we will become a happy, stable club is to start from scratch.  

We will never progress with Venkys at the helm. 

Ever.

We've been going backwards for 10 years and only took one step "forward" when we got out of league one at the first attempt.

We are taking half a step back now, as relegation is looking a very real possibility.

• Like 5

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

The CEO role is a box-ticking exercise. Look at what happened to John Williams and Paul Hunt when they got ideas above their station and challenged the owners? If Waggott has any sense he won't rock the boat, even if Mowbray wasn't his mate. 

You're right, we're broken and if we ever do taste success under Venkys it will be in spite of them and their ridiculous setup.

• Like 3

Just now, Amo said:

The CEO role is a box-ticking exercise. Look at what happened to John Williams and Paul Hunt when they got ideas above their station and challenged the owners? If Waggott has any sense he won't rock the boat, even if Mowbray wasn't his mate. 

You're right, we're broken and if we ever do taste success under Venkys it will be in spite of them and their ridiculous setup.

We will never taste success under the,,,,,,, Loons, I so wanted to say a very bad word.

• Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

Probably. If they picked the right man and backed him, like they have Mowbray, it's possible.

But they won't because they have no feckin idea, because they only listen to those making a reet good living being in charge of the shit on the ground. More making hay whilst the club suffers!

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Because we have detached, uninterested owners, a pal of the manager as Chief Exec and a fan base who think mere survival in the Championship is now our ‘natural level’

And the fans who dont think that are fed up of it all after going on for a decade of fucking shite, lies, corruption, jolly boys jobs and have given up, the owners have won its that simple.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

Its now beyond dispute that Mowbray's player recruitment has been utterly shite. £12M wasted on Brereton and Gallagher neither of whom looking even remotely like replacing Graham (35 next birthday). Mowbray can't recognise when a player's legs and ambition have gone - Whitttingham and Johnson and in nearly 3 years has brought in only one decent defender(Cunningham). 

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Its now beyond dispute that Mowbray's player recruitment has been utterly shite. £12M wasted on Brereton and Gallagher neither of whom looking even remotely like replacing Graham (35 next birthday). Mowbray can't recognise when a player's legs and ambition have gone - Whitttingham and Johnson and in nearly 3 years has brought in only one decent defender(Cunningham). 

In my view the biggest mistake he made was not closing the Bauer deal.  

4 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Would be nice if Radio Lancs and Andy Bayes did their job and ask Tony some tough questions. Why persist with Armstrong when it's hard to remember his last good game if he's ever had one? And why has Rothwell been so badly mismanaged when it is clear as day to all inside Ewood that he's one of our best players apart from our dinosaur of a boss? Why bring on Cory Evans when you're one goal down? Why persist with Gallagher when he's garbage and you're only good striker is stuck on the bench? Why spend 5 mill on a non scoring striker when your defence is so crap? Why are we so toothless and insipid away from home ? Why promote the under 23s coach but we know the answer to that? I'm sorry but it's time to thank Tony for his hard work and then hand him his p45. 

The Evans point is bang on. The bloke shouldn’t be even in the bench. I think it’s a tad unfair on Gallagher calling him garbage though. Mowbray’s daft formation really doesn’t help matters, especially when he gets put on the wing. I’d like to see him and Danny Graham in a 442, upfront. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

In my view the biggest mistake he made was not closing the Bauer deal.  

That's looking to be a real clanger but I think Preston have a manager who has a plan and Bauer fitted into it. What I can't understand is that we didn't have a short list of centre half candidates when that deal fell through.

• Like 6

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's looking to be a real clanger but I think Preston have a manager who has a plan and Bauer fitted into it. What I can't understand is that we didn't have a short list of centre half candidates when that deal fell through.

We had a plan, we were pursuing him for 18 months! Then we abandoned it at the last minute in favour of spending £5M on Gallagher!

We should have had Toisin and Bauer

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 47er said:

We had a plan, we were pursuing him for 18 months! Then we abandoned it at the last minute in favour of spending £5M on Gallagher

I heard that the deal fell through at negotiations with Tesco and Tony completely failing to tie the deal up when it was there to be done. 

Preston have a direct line to the decision maker with no delays and that’s what happened 

It's egregious the lack of leaders we have on the pitch. Someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck (ugh) and overrule the manager when the gameplan isn't working. Time was, we had a team of battlers (Todd, Neil, Flitcroft, Savage, Bellamy). I don't think you could name one player like that on our books right now. Maybe Lenihan?