BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

nice one,now iv`e got to look forward to either nyambe  or williams being completely beasted,i must be physic because i can see myself freezing my **** off on the riverside,watching substandard,weak defenders get molested and then get praised by mowbray their svengali,while our big oaf of a centre forward is playing on the wing,you could`nt make it up?

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can relax when we've got to 50 points. Until then - hold on to your hat.

Here’s an interesting graphic.

Get above the green line (90 points) and get promoted. Above the yellow (75), play-offs. Below the red (50), risk of relegation.

Blue is Rovers’ actual points to date and extrapolated out to the end of the season, at the current rate of return.

We are going to need to get some points from unexpected games. Promotion is all but dead. Play-offs are a fading hope. Let’s hope we can keep above that red line...

0FC8CE45-312A-48F1-A246-707E94D4558D.thumb.jpeg.e174e7286ee137a3dd1158d7f22abb78.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Looking forward to watching us 'trying' to 'impose ourselves' at home on a Barnsley side bottom of the league.

Why do you think those words were used or Johnson boasting to get back to old form this week? It’s simple it’s like the Labour Party propaganda presently.

A certain naive or vulnerable section of society wanting the best and desperate for more being enriched in brfc in this case are then led to believe anything led by leading proponents spouting anything.

Times actually up people can see the wind through the trees. It’s not a result at Barnsley it’s bloody expected as a minimum here. Fans are sick to tired of this PR bollocks it’s results in the pitch they want and nothing more. Sick to death of verbal tirades which mean nothing. Do your talking on the pitch. This season has been a shambles 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 3

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Why do you think those words were used or Johnson boasting to get back to old form this week? It’s simple it’s like the Labour Party propaganda presently.

A certain naive or vulnerable section of society wanting the best and desperate for more being enriched in brfc in this case are then led to believe anything led by leading proponents spouting anything.

Times actually up people can see the wind through the trees. It’s not a result at Barnsley it’s bloody expected as a minimum here. Fans are sick to tired of this PR bollocks it’s results in the pitch they want and nothing more. Sick to death of verbal tirades which mean nothing. Do your talking on the pitch. This season has been a shambles 

Mowbray and Waggott both say things and do things which serve to make us all think that we are a “plucky L1 club” punching above our weight. Happy to avoid relegation but with lofty aspirations of a play-off tilt.

Sorry but I’m also fed up with the dumbing down of expectations. Both of them are L1 standard and are taking (or at least talking) us down to their level.

• Like 7

Just now, Stuart said:

Mowbray and Waggott both say things and do things which serve to make us all think that we are a “plucky L1 club” punching above our weight. Happy to avoid relegation but with lofty aspirations of a play-off tilt.

Sorry but I’m also fed up with the dumbing down of expectations. Both of them are L1 standard and are taking (or at least talking) us down to their level.

Can’t disagree and I always admire your passion in posts Stuart. Usually eclipses my own thoughts.

Was listening to Glen Little the other day on Stan Ternent. My respect for Stan went up a notch, we could do with his ilk now.

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

When Gary Bowyer was sacked we had played 16 games, were 16th in the league with 17 points and 0 GD. 

As of now we have played 16 games, are 18th in the table with 18 points and a -4 GD.

Tony is fortunate that both the owners and from what I've seen the fans standards have dropped significantly in the last few years. 

That is exactly the issue.

A year in League 1 and a lot of fans seem to think we are now a Rotherham or Barnsley.

But it does neatly sum up the wrecking job this regime has embarked on this past decade.

• Like 9

Hope TM and his Gang can look at themselves and come to the conclusion that it’s not working ....find it amazing he’s still in the building !!! 

A win over Barnsley and he gets a green pass for another 6/7 games ... 

our owners and the set up is a joke ... TM knows that ... terms like  a Burden to the club show that ...  in any other club he would have long gone ... 

• Like 3

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18054984.who-earned-right----mowbray-explains-team-selection/

OK so this is a lecture to us mere fans that we know nowt.

You really want to love the guy but he just needs to fucking win games...

He wants Dack on the pitch because he can score even though he's playing badly. But yet he doesn't play Graham.

He wants to educate Rothwell about football like a child and make him another robotic player ? Or is he showing him videos of Sterling every day and asking him to be more offensive?

Sam Gallagher... lummox who runs around a lot. Great.

Armstrong... fast but a bit dumb. Great.

I could not give a flying fuck about all this crap he talks. I want us to get 3 points tomorrow. 3 more points on Wednesday. and 3 points the game after.... etc.

Infuriating!

• Like 1

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18054984.who-earned-right----mowbray-explains-team-selection/

He wants Dack on the pitch because he can score even though he's playing badly. But yet he doesn't play Graham.

He wants to educate Rothwell about football like a child and make him another robotic player ? Or is he showing him videos of Sterling every day and asking him to be more offensive?

I could not give a flying fuck about all this crap he talks. I want us to get 3 points tomorrow. 3 more points on Wednesday. and 3 points the game after.... etc.

Infuriating!

When will he fucking sign somebody that doesn't need to learn the game? 

The bloke is an absolute tool.

Relegation is the only outcome with him still in charge.

Mowbray OUT

• Like 3

Furious reading that about Rothwell. In his one spell of being a starter at the club (one proper run in the starting eleven in 18 months....), he did everything Mowbray said he doesn’t - he was scoring, assisting and we had a four match winning streak in that time too, no doubt having another player on the pitch apart from Dack and Graham (remember him?) who could score helped get those results.

But of course for Armstrong it clearly isn’t about goals or assists. He’ll be relieved given he scores about 4 a season but it’s odd that that’s Mowbray’s way of thinking, considering Armstrong plays in the same sort of position as Rothwell.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Infuriating!

His explanation on Bennett is absolutely incredible. If he had prefaced that by stating that he has great footballing qualities (which he doesn't in any case) but also happens to be a good talker and the life of the dressing room I'd understand.....but he just mentioned the latter. Bennett is only being picked because he is a good talker. Does Mowbray know this isn't professional wrestling?

So Mowbray thinks Gallagher has regressed since he was here last but he's a good investment !

Travis gives the ball away too much but he's a nice lad

Your saying all the wrong things Tony

And if I was Rothwell I'd put in a transfer request tomorrow after that article. I can't think of any other manager who likes to talk players down instead of up.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Infuriating!

I get that he has defaulted to Walton in the same way he defaulted to Raya - despite not having the set up to motivate either.

Dack has reached talismanic status but hasn’t been near his best.

But how on EARTH has Bennett earned his way to being a permanent starter? Injuries? Having no other full back? Fist pumps?

He is past the point of no return. Lose tomorrow and there will be riots total and utter apathy.

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

His explanation on Bennett is absolutely incredible. If he had prefaced that by stating that he has great footballing qualities (which he doesn't in any case) but also happens to be a good talker and the life of the dressing room I'd understand.....but he just mentioned the latter. Bennett is only being picked because he is a good talker. Does Mowbray know this isn't professional wrestling?

If talking won football matches he might have a point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

It also states in the article that some players need to find consistency.

Mowbray doesn't give them the chance too, Rothwell - 3 starts, all away from home, followed by numerous 20 minute cameos off the bench.

Baffling.

Just as an aside Rochina scores the winner for Levante in La Liga tonight !!

just saying ...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

So Mowbray thinks Gallagher has regressed since he was here last but he's a good investment !

Travis gives the ball away too much but he's a nice lad

Your saying all the wrong things Tony

And if I was Rothwell I'd put in a transfer request tomorrow after that article. I can't think of any other manager who likes to talk players down instead of up.

He does talk players up though, well Elliot Bennett because he's good in the dressing room. And apparently drives the team forwards.....?

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He does talk players up though, well Elliot Bennett because he's good in the dressing room. And apparently drives the team forwards.....?

Strange considering we're going backwards. Perhaps he needs to buy Elliot a Satnav for Christmas.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, frosty said:

Furious reading that about Rothwell. In his one spell of being a starter at the club (one proper run in the starting eleven in 18 months....), he did everything Mowbray said he doesn’t - he was scoring, assisting and we had a four match winning streak in that time too, no doubt having another player on the pitch apart from Dack and Graham (remember him?) who could score helped get those results.

But of course for Armstrong it clearly isn’t about goals or assists. He’ll be relieved given he scores about 4 a season but it’s odd that that’s Mowbray’s way of thinking, considering Armstrong plays in the same sort of position as Rothwell.

Yes. It's worrying that TM openly admits that it is different criteria for 2 players in the same position. rothwell is about end product - yet Armstrong has none- Armstrong is about qualities. It's an appalling double standard and even worse that he has admitted it. 

2 hours ago, Mr. E said:

So Bennett is picked by being a good talker rather than ability? Again a crazy admission. Not sure how he drives the team on - conceding penalties and losing his man? Also aside from being gash he also isn't played in his proper/natural position. Madness. 

The article was just horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible exposing how deluded TM is. It's almost as bad as Prince Andrew's BBC appearance (albeit on a much less serious topic.) 

A few other thoughts from the car crash article. 

1) Of the 4 players ever present until this game I would happily see the back of 3. Walton isn't fit to be an understudy and Bennett and Williams are very limited squad players whose key attribute is versatility. The fact they have been ever present helps explain where we are. 

2) The Dack stuff sounds horrible mismanagement. For a bit of a party boy to be told it doesn't matter about his form as he has goals in him is not going to exact him to higher srandards. Plus it must be a kick in the teeth to many players who are judged on performance - like Rothwell. Hell, it's just bad management to say players can get a free pass regardless of how they play. Can't believe how terrible that is when I paraphrase it! Also it must be bemusing for Graham and Mulgrew who both still had a goal in them but are benchesld and shipped out respectively. 

3) The Gallagher part could be entitled "why it's not my fault I spunked £5 million" as TM looks to shift the blame for Gally's inadequacies onto everyone but him. PR to Pune imo. 

4) Surprisingly what isn't said is equally damning. Only 4 or 5 likely starters shows how clueless TM is both with his set up and nous as well as his transfer record. Surely for the money spent on them Johnson and the City lad for example should be regular starters although in the case of the former it again looks like another transfer clanger by TM. 

Overall the interview shows why TM needs to go. Terrible motivation, management and tactical nous all displayed in a speech of waffle and horse manure, and imo some unethical double standards. This guy is a joker and needs to go asap. 

• Like 2