BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Amo said:

To be fair, many of us pointed out last season that we won  more games without Mulgrew than with him. That said, it was blindingly obvious we'd struggle to get through a season with only two senior centre-backs and a City loanee. 

A bit like the Raya situation i think a lot assumed either bring in better and relegate them to back up or bring in direct competition to bring the best out of them. 

Both appear to have been bombed straight out one way or another but the team was always going to miss Mulgrews goals if nothing else. Maybe he'd have scored a few from the bench this season and earned a few points instead of costing them.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Ive no idea what that first sentence is in response too. And no, today we are playing at home against a side with crap players who havent managed to win since the opening day. New manager bounce, injuries, whatever the excuses are, they are moot, nothing less than a win is acceptable today.

Why does Armstrong get in the team due to solely to pace when hes been failing to provide an end product for months? Rothwell shares blinding pace so why is he being treated differently. Because like Bennett and Gallagher, Armstrong is one of Mowbrays favourites, and the three of them bring the quality of our team down quite considerably.

Your Rothwell Comment.

I have no idea what to expect from Barnsley in terms of team selection, formation, Style. 

I agree Armstrong needs dropping when off form. Did you see my team I selected for today's game?

On 14/08/2019 at 07:09, RV Blue said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but Tosin has a knock and is a doubt for Saturday. Mowbray being so negligent with our defence, by leaving us so short, is a sacker on its own.

Said this back in August, didn’t take a genius to work it out.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Your Rothwell Comment.

I have no idea what to expect from Barnsley in terms of team selection, formation, Style. 

I agree Armstrong needs dropping when off form. Did you see my team I selected for today's game?

Ultimately at this level Barnsley have as weak a group of players as youll probably find. At home, have to win and should be pretty comfortable if you have anything about you.

My point was about the hypocrisy of saying that Rothwell, a very fast player, doesnt play because of a lack of end product (even though he doesnt start games to provide end product) whereas Armstrong is guaranteed a place solely on pace, regardless of repeated ineffectiveness.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18054984.who-earned-right----mowbray-explains-team-selection/

OK so this is a lecture to us mere fans that we know nowt.

You really want to love the guy but he just needs to fucking win games...

He wants Dack on the pitch because he can score even though he's playing badly. But yet he doesn't play Graham.

He wants to educate Rothwell about football like a child and make him another robotic player ? Or is he showing him videos of Sterling every day and asking him to be more offensive?

Sam Gallagher... lummox who runs around a lot. Great.

Armstrong... fast but a bit dumb. Great.

I could not give a flying fuck about all this crap he talks. I want us to get 3 points tomorrow. 3 more points on Wednesday. and 3 points the game after.... etc.

Infuriating!

Another boat load of waffle from the delusional Mowbray.

Why are some players who are learning the game afforded the luxury of 90mins and starts week after week and others just get slated and minimal time on the field?

Acknowledges that Lenihan won't be fit all season and failed to do jack about it in the transfer window.

Bennett starts every game because, despite his lack of ability, he's loudest in the dressing room.

He's clearly going to ruin Travis as well. Trying to turn him into the next Evan's, smallwood or Jason lowe.

Mowbray out.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

That late goal means nothing to me. Mowbray looked a dead man walking at 2-2 and a late free kick (which Arma did well to buy) doesn’t change that.

Having to score three to get past Barnsley isn’t good enough. Conceding after making all his subs too.

The crowd very nearly turned too and they will next time.

Mowbray out.

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

That late goal means nothing to me. Mowbray looked a dead man walking at 2-2 and a late free kick (which Arma did well to buy) doesn’t change that.

Having to score three to get past Barnsley isn’t good enough. Conceding after making all his subs too.

The crowd very nearly turned too and they will next time.

Mowbray out.

Hang on. How does the late goal mean nothing ? At the start of this month Mowbray was criticised because we never won games late on; now we are making a habit of it.

• Backroom
Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Hang on. How does the late goal mean nothing ? At the start of this month Mowbray was criticised because we never won games late on; now we are making a habit of it.

So do you think Mowbray is the man to take us forward, yes or no?

The point is clearly that, yes we won but it’s not good enough and there’s been enough evidence that a change is needed 

Just now, Tom said:

So do you think Mowbray is the man to take us forward, yes or no?

The point is clearly that, yes we won but it’s not good enough and there’s been enough evidence that a change is needed 

I think he's more likely than another Venkys appointment. Why would a Rovers fan not be thrilled by another late winner ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Were you there today mate?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think he's more likely than another Venkys appointment. Why would a Rovers fan not be thrilled by another late winner ?

Well i I wasn't that "thrilled" that I used to be. It also the matter how you win games. Today we struggled yet again, and today at was against the worst team in the league. We concede 2 goals (again) and Barnsley are for the most part of the game the better side. So the reason I am not too thrilled is that we were lucky to beat the bottom side in the league and the upcoming games are against much better teams. And nothing seems to change.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 2

Mowbray a lucky man tonight. That 3rd goal saves his blushes and likely sees the circus carry on for a few more weeks.

Obvious to anyone watching that game that we are a team in big trouble with a manager out of ideas. A competent executive structure would be highly alarmed by this afternoon, Waggott will be toasting the win knowing him and his mate are safe a while longer.

• Like 7

Just now, JHRover said:

Mowbray a lucky man tonight. That 3rd goal saves his blushes and likely sees the circus carry on for a few more weeks.

Obvious to anyone watching that game that we are a team in big trouble with a manager out of ideas. A competent executive structure would be highly alarmed by this afternoon, Waggott will be toasting the win knowing him and his mate are safe a while longer.

Nine years and counting on the Loon gravy train. They really are fucking clueless. I wish my career path had led me to manage our club in their tenure!

Just now, JHRover said:

Comment from Rovers twitter feed  - 3 points for Rovers in an absolute thriller at Ewood Park.

They really must think we are thick.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I feel the same. It's the bigger picture. The watching sides make light work of our right hand side, week in, week out. The watching us concede possession cheaply. The watching us kick the ball out of play. The lack of belief. The lack of fight. The lack of intensity. The lack of balance. The subs on 60 minutes regardless of the game or the score. The taking off of Rothwell moments after he opened up the opposition but keeping Armstrong on when he had been a passenger all half. The square pegs in round holes and watching another poor side outfight us, give more effort than us and show more team spirit than us.

That late winner didn't give me a glimmer of hope that it was anything other than papering over a shed-load of massive cracks.

• Like 6