BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Amazing when we ended up in the play offs for the third time in 4 seasons in 1992 and we were known as a ‘perennial Play off outfit’ we wouldn’t be in them again as of 2020 (getting on for 30 years now).

Hang on, I thought we were perennial struggling little Blackburn before Jack Walker came along?

18 hours ago, JoeH said:

Okay... just a video mate.

I thought that it was interesting.

Not living locally I miss out on stories that are out there but don't make it to press. There were mentions on here about Coyle's Krispy Kreme fascination, now I have another source.

I thought it was funny that Coyle always played 5-a-side because he wanted to score and went bananas if he didn't get decent service. No wonder he's a failure. Getting Burnley up was pure luck.

I did go down a bit of a rabbit hole with those podcasts. I watched a bit of Matt Kilgallon's. He said that 2014-15 Rovers team he played in under Bowyer should have been promoted as the squad was talented enough. I also looked up Chris Brown's Wikipedia. He stole a living from football. A striker with almost 400 appearances and less than 70 goals, a paintball incident, and a sex tape. He seems like he's grown up though. 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya,I got that,but who did you mean?

Mowbray. Just because he talks up our playoff hopes doesn't mean he isn't going to phone it in.

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

I also looked up Chris Brown's Wikipedia. He stole a living from football. A striker with almost 400 appearances and less than 70 goals, a paintball incident, and a sex tape. He seems like he's grown up though. 

He was a poor man's Kuqi. Let that sink in.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hang on, I thought we were perennial struggling little Blackburn before Jack Walker came along?

A narrative spun by bitter Dingles and Nob Enders who spent the 80s trying to stay out of non league.

Unfortunately lapped up by a lot of own gullible fans.

Bradley(teflon) Dack gets sent off.. it was either his own fault, or a poor refereeing decision..

YET a percentage of fans on here blame TM for it. They say Dack should have been subbed off..

Well tell me this.. if he'd done that, and the game had finished 1-1 against 10 men.. are you telling me you wouldn't criticise TM for taking off our 'best source' of goals?

The guy is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.. it's ridiculous.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nelsonthedog said:

Nonsense.

I personally wouldn't blame him for not bringing Dack off but it's not unreasonable to make the observation or hold the view that he could or maybe should have brought Dack off at 10 v 11 because he was already on a yellow.

For me that's not the main point though. We were terrible whether it was 11 v 11, 10 v 11 or 10 v10.

That is Mowbray's fault.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

3 hours ago, Nelsonthedog said:

Bradley(teflon) Dack gets sent off.. it was either his own fault, or a poor refereeing decision..

YET a percentage of fans on here blame TM for it. They say Dack should have been subbed off..

Well tell me this.. if he'd done that, and the game had finished 1-1 against 10 men.. are you telling me you wouldn't criticise TM for taking off our 'best source' of goals?

Finishes 1-1 comes out in interview explaining his thinking. I think fans would appreciate the honesty and transparency 

• Like 1

Just now, Nelsonthedog said:

He's picked the team you all wanted, they underperform and it's all his fault.. as I say, damned either way.

People are talking about the substitutions not the starting team that has spoken for itself now and should be the go to 11.

Subs are the thing that you can understand being changeable as to what is happening in the game, they also get debated on every team in the lands forum so chill.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No it was in response to having a suggestion that taking dack off at 1-1 needing a goal was illogical. If I were a manager I would explain my thinking 

He explained that he didn’t think about taking him off because he trusted Dack. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

For what it's worth I wouldn't blame Mowbray on this one. Dack is a grown up and should've known better than to give the ref a opportunity. He's also our best player and if there's one person in our team who could've exploited the extra space it was him so right to keep him on if we wanted the win.

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

For what it's worth I wouldn't blame Mowbray on this one. Dack is a grown up and should've known better than to give the ref a opportunity. He's also our best player and if there's one person in our team who could've exploited the extra space it was him so right to keep him on if we wanted the win.

Yes - against 10 men he is much the best bet to open up the opposition

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack is our main man and most likely to make something happen. Can completely understand why he was kept on.

The main point is that it was no way a yellow. It was absolutely ridiculous. 

A classic case of an insecure referee, who was desperate for an opportunity to even it up...

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

A classic case of an insecure referee, who was desperate for an opportunity to even it up...

It was as bad a decision as I have seen, no BS. Can we appeal that? I think the break might be good for Dack and have him flying on full cylinders for the 2 home games, but that ref needs to be held accountable for that. Pure even up job, nothing else. 

On 12/12/2019 at 01:05, Nelsonthedog said:

Can't agree I'm afraid. The manager takes responsibility for the team and players being calm and controlled and dealing with pressure. It comes down to being coached to deal with these eventualities and not letting the occasion get the better of you.

Let's look at our old friends Burnley. When was the last time they had someone sent off? It doesn't happen, because they keep calm, collected and focused. 

We don't. Sheffield United away last season. A team completely unprepared for the pressure of being a man up and then lost control soon afterwards.

Some sides keep calm heads, others dont.

Edited by JHRover

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Can't agree I'm afraid. The manager takes responsibility for the team and players being calm and controlled and dealing with pressure. It comes down to being coached to deal with these eventualities and not letting the occasion get the better of you.

Let's look at our old friends Burnley. When was the last time they had someone sent off? It doesn't happen, because they keep calm, collected and focused. 

We don't. Sheffield United away last season. A team completely unprepared for the pressure of being a man up and then lost control soon afterwards.

You can't hold one sending off against a manager. If it was happening a lot then it would be reasonable to say that the manager needs to address it - but the occasional sending off is an occupational hazard 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray is accountable for a mistake by the referee?Dack should not have been sent off for that.If he had taken Dack off at 11 v 10 he would have been criticised  by many.I take it you would have taken Dack off then?

• Like 1