BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Heard it recently from a guy going 30 years. 

That he couldn’t give his season ticket away when he was on holiday so someone could go for  free. Same lad also is usually passionate but is getting bored of going and watching the stuff at ewood. 

Anyone else getting “bored” of ewood?

Used to be a group of circa 20 of us with season tickets, every single week I'd get messages asking if there were any spare tickets going.

Now? Literally loads of freebies floating about.

We have a hell of a lot of people who class themselves as rovers fans if asked, but no intention of attending, unless perhaps we ever get back in that poisonous league.

• Like 2

5 wins in 6 followed by 0 wins in 6.

All so predictable and classic Mowbray.

I don't dislike Mowbray, I don't even think he's that bad a manager overall. 

I just don't think he's a manager to take on a long term project, I think that sort of thing doesn't really exist at this level anymore, in my opinion we need some new enthusiasm, new ideas and someone who can get this lot playing as a team.

Three years is a lifetime at a club like ours these days, things have gotten stale. He went 10 games without a win at Coventry and walked stating it was embarrassing to go on that run, I don't think he'd do the same here though.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Heard that from you a few times! ^_^

Whys he doing it? He offers nothing there, hes a shite striker too. Total waste of money, his refusal to change things up drives me mad. Ill be sticking to cricket i think mate, cant watch it anymore.

Edited by AAK

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Heard it recently from a guy going 30 years. 

That he couldn’t give his season ticket away when he was on holiday so someone could go for  free. Same lad also is usually passionate but is getting bored of going and watching the stuff at ewood. 

Anyone else getting “bored” of ewood?

Is this me? ?

Mowbray has far outlived the average shelf-life of a league manager without pulling up any trees. His uncontested position at the club has bred complacency, comfort and a serious lack of urgency. Do the manager and this group of players really want it enough? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Amo said:

Mowbray has far outlived the average shelf-life of a league manager without pulling up any trees. His uncontested position at the club has bred complacency, comfort and a serious lack of urgency. Do the manager and this group of players really want it enough? 

No they haven't got it in them.

It all starts at the top though and works its way down. Just enough is enough at this club 

Mind you they'd probably sit back and watch us fall a division again if we were really struggling. So no surprise if there's no freshing up of things in the next few years at all 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No they haven't got it in them.

It all starts at the top though and works its way down. Just enough is enough at this club 

Mind you they'd probably sit back and watch us fall a division again if we were really struggling. So no surprise if there's no freshing up of things in the next few years at all 

The owners are so detached and uninterested but at the same time happy to keep underwriting the debts. None of it makes sense. 

They seem happy to plod along with certain managers if they take a shine to them. It also depends which particular adviser happens to have their ear. Pasha got them to dump Bowyer for Lambert, but with the way that ended he's probably exercising caution.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, tomphil said:

Hill's been having a rant at Bolton. I genuinely wonder what he could do with the budget Mowbray has here.

This long balling a dwarf up front whilst sticking your 6'3" marquee striker signing on the wing is beyond ridiculous now.

It serves nothing, never worked and never will chufing sick of this type of thing. 

To be fair I'm not sure which one is better in the air...

There's an interesting article in my paper today regarding the up coming Bournemouth v Watford game.

" During Bournemouth's downturn their possession has increased and their passing accuracy has gone up, as has both the number of passes attempted (  from 385 per game in their first 11 matches to 449 subsequently ) and successful ( from 289 to 357 ). Yet they are scoring 0.6 goals per game down from 1.3.

In Watford's upturn their possession and passing accuracy has gone down, as has both the number of passes attempted ( from 403 to 354 ) and successful ( from 311 to 251 ), yet they are scoring 1.1 goals per game, up from 0.6. In the 4 games where they have had the greatest possession Watford have lost by and an aggregate score of 9 to 1.

Bournemouth have extracted 2 points from the 6 games where they have had the ball the most."

Has Mowbray backed the wrong horse implementing this new brand of possession based walking football ?

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Fairly sure it wasnt anything to do with the fans. Presume therefore that the club paid for it. Suspect Waggott or Pasha behind it.

It will be the club of course but alot of fans are backing Mowbray still and just like they are some of want a change of manager..

I suspect he is here next season and beyond. Owners happy with him. If he got top 10 this season I guess they would see that as improvement. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It will be the club of course but alot of fans are backing Mowbray still and just like they are some of want a change of manager..

I suspect he is here next season and beyond. Owners happy with him. If he got top 10 this season I guess they would see that as improvement. 

Irrespective of results or performances? We lose the next 6 games and he stays? Why? You are comfortable with that?

They must be very rich and very relaxed about things if another £20 million loss is fine as long as we achieve the meaningless feat of top 10 in the Championship. 

• Like 1

As long as we are not in a relegation battle I just can’t see the crowd turning on him en masse. 

Barnsley got close to real dissent due to us slipping towards the bottom 3 at that time. The majority of Rovers fans expect little these days, so plodding around in mid table of the Championship won’t be inviting a rebellion.