BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has said he had nothing to do with Waggott's appointment. Do you have anything that can prove Mowbray employ him? 

So your telling me, out of everyone " venkys" could have employed for that role, it just happened to be the bloke our current manager worked with at his last club?

Don't be so bloody naive, of course Mowbray employed him, just like he promoted his mate Venus to whatever nonesense title he's been given now.

He's not going to come out and admit it because it goes against his honest, man of integrity, working class background persona he's got going on.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 5

It would be the coincidence to end all coincidences if Waggott's employment as CEO had absolutely nothing to do with Mowbray being popular in India. 

I don't believe in such coincidences. Not with our set up.

If that means I'm suggesting Mowbray hasn't been honest then so be it.

As I've said before, I'd sooner have Waggott here than nobody like we had before, and at least it seems Mowbray has taken action to bolster the boardroom.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

So your telling me, out of everyone " venkys" could have employed for that role, it just happened to be the bloke our current manager worked with at his last club?

Don't be so bloody naive, of course Mowbray employed him, just like he promoted his mate Venus to whatever nonesense title he's been given now.

He's not going to come out and admit it because it goes against his honest, man of integrity, working class background persona he's got going on.

Well Mark, you think what you want pal. 

Mowbray has said he had no part in it. I see no reason to disbelief him. You may well want to. 

Another conspiracy theory 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has said he had no part in it. I see no reason to disbelief him. You may well want to. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say a conspiracy theory. Seems a fairly logical conclusion to arrive at, that Mowbray recommended Waggott to Venkys at the very least and they acted on his recommendation.

Mowbray has a long history with working with people from previous clubs.

Having a CEO with whom he already built a working relationship with in the past, in theory, should be pretty beneficial to everyone.

Better the devil you know and all that.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will be the club of course but alot of fans are backing Mowbray still and just like they are some of want a change of manager..

I suspect he is here next season and beyond. Owners happy with him. If he got top 10 this season I guess they would see that as improvement. 

Statisically it would be an improvement but:

a) its not much of one

and

b)it hasn't actually happened, its an"if".

If he's here next season "and beyond" we will be a shell of a club.

15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say a conspiracy theory. Seems a fairly logical conclusion to arrive at, that Mowbray recommended Waggott to Venkys at the very least and they acted on his recommendation.

Having a CEO with whom he already built a working relationship with in the past, in theory, should be pretty beneficial to everyone.

if you look at Waggott's comments when he was appointed he explained how the role came around and said that Rovers hired a head hunting company to find a CEO 

“There’s a headhunting company who scour the market for people to fill posts in sport, predominantly football.

“I was approached by a couple of clubs but when this one came on the radar I was extremely interested because of the size of the club, the history of the club, the whole infrastrucutre of the club.

“I thought that it could be an unbelievably good challenge for me.”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15984156.chief-executive-steve-waggott-background-move-came-appeal-joining-rovers/

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if you look at Waggott's comments when he was appointed he explained how the role came around and said that Rovers hired a head hunting company to find a CEO 

“There’s a headhunting company who scour the market for people to fill posts in sport, predominantly football.

“I was approached by a couple of clubs but when this one came on the radar I was extremely interested because of the size of the club, the history of the club, the whole infrastrucutre of the club.

“I thought that it could be an unbelievably good challenge for me.”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15984156.chief-executive-steve-waggott-background-move-came-appeal-joining-rovers/

Waggott told me he came here because of Mowbray

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Beneficial , well you could make a case for that yes. Except these two are seriously incompetent .

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray has his own Flag waved at games by whom? I almost chucked up.

I wonder who ordered it, actually, I mean I wonder who modest Mowbray told to get it.

He's a CULT

Ha ha - Flagate !

Appeared in front of the cameras for the Wigan game that just happened to be live. 

This geezer will get another contract extension before long i'm pretty certain.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray has his own Flag waved at games by whom? I almost chucked up.

I wonder who ordered it, actually, I mean I wonder who modest Mowbray told to get it.

He's a CULT

On a misty day Brockhall Village looks a bit like Waco.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's admirable that you have so much faith in BRFC. You've shown it on here for years. If Rovers issued a statement saying that the earth was flat you'd be on here agreeing with it within 5 minutes.

Your blind faith is clouding your judgment. It's no conspiracy to suggest that Waggott got the gig in some part due to Mowbray. They worked together previously and it would seem that they got along. It happens across football. Roy Hodgson has Ray Lewington. Solskjaer brought back Mike Phelan. Moyes took ex-Rover Mick Rathbone to Everton with him. Was Paul Senior a mate of someone on staff at Ewood during his short yet odd tenure?

Unfortunately Rovers in its present guise is not a normal institution so questions are going to be asked about every decision made.

Waggott is on a loser as long as Venkys own the club. His hands will always be tied. Mowbray will keep the club plodding along, albeit with diminishing returns especially if he wastes transfer budgets on dross who can't play and have no sell on value. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Waggott is on a loser as long as Venkys own the club. His hands will always be tied. Mowbray will keep the club plodding along, albeit with diminishing returns especially if he wastes transfer budgets on dross who can't play and have no sell on value. 

Waggott is likely to be on an extremely good salary and I would imagine it is a secure job as long as he keeps his nose clean and the club ticking along in mid-table. Even if we were relegated, would he be sacked? Unlikely, I'd say.

The status quo as we stand in the league at present suit Waggott and Mowbray perfectly. No pressure to get promoted and unlikely to go down either. The two of them will have set themselves up for life during their time at Ewood - with more years to add to their pension pots to come.

So Waggott is hardly "on a loser"

For some fans, criticising the club or the manager is strictly taboo because it somehow devalues them as a supporter. That's why he who shall remain nameless changes opinions on a dime to tow the party line. Only when we reach rock bottom is discontent expressed through the most gritted of teeth. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Yep,done it the same style as the Jack Walker flag.Couldn't believe my eyes either...

All very crafty and engineered.

Brainwashing techniques and effective with some.

If it's in celebration of Mowbray then what exactly has he won? what has he done to achieve such celebrity status?

Quite sickening really. That man has some ego yet.

• Like 1

Not sure if the flag is Mowbray's fault but it is certainly well OTT. I would have thought that sort of thing should be reserved for Clough, Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson, King Kenny or Wenger when he was good.

Mowbray seems to have unwittingly stumbled on the secret to managerial longevity. Fail in your allotted task of saving a Club from relegation, then bring them back up and your credit with a large section of the fanbase will last forever and a day.

?

• Like 1

Personally, I really don't see the issue with the flag.  Whoever was the present manager the club would make a flag with their image on.  There are two of Jack Walker, one of the badge and one of the manager - linking the club with past and present.  I doubt if Mowbray knew anything about the flag and that it was the commercial or community department attempting to do something different on matchdays that probably came up with the idea.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Personally, I really don't see the issue with the flag.  Whoever was the present manager the club would make a flag with their image on.  There are two of Jack Walker, one of the badge and one of the manager - linking the club with past and present.  I doubt if Mowbray knew anything about the flag and that it was the commercial or community department attempting to do something different on matchdays that probably came up with the idea.

It was a bad idea, whoever came up with it. My money is on Waggott because his career is inextricable linked to Mowbray's. As fans of BRFC, we support the club not another here-today gone-tomorrow manager. Like many others, I was here for decades before Mowbray came and hopefully I'll be here for a few more years after he's gone. A Rovers flag with the club crest is fine, not one adorned with a failing manager 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

If we are having huge flags waved I would just like to see iconic figures from our past. Jack Walker being the best example but there are plenty of others. Or the flags could have images of major trophies we have won or teams who have excelled. Can you imagine a flag with Kean or Coyle on it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If we are having huge flags waved I would just like to see iconic figures from our past. Jack Walker being the best example but there are plenty of others. Or the flags could have images of major trophies we have won or teams who have excelled. Can you imagine a flag with Kean or Coyle on it?

Agree, that there are plenty of iconic figures you could have on flags - Dougie and Ronnie to name but two.  Sadly, I can imagine someone, somewhere at Ewood believing it would be a good idea to have a Kean or Coyle flag if they were the present manager.

• Like 1