BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

15 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Have the various CEOs actually had the powers and authority that would normally be associated with that position ? The impression I get is that these people are really just administrators.

If they are just "administrators" they should be paid accordingly. 

Waggott was on a basic £350,000 at Charlton 10 years ago. Do you think he will be on any less than us?

Not bad for a pen pusher with no powers or authority. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Mowbray questions where the goals will come from, singles out Holtby as someone who can’t score Dacks goals

Seems he forgets to mention the £12m of strikers with less than a handful between them 

https://t.co/9jZM8rIOmA?amp=1

This comment makes me just think "eugh".

We’ll keep rolling and see if we can get the right balance. We’re in there with all the other 14, 15 or 16 teams that believe they can get into the play-offs if they can put a run together.”

Even when he does find the right balance, he won't stick with it. 

The worst thing is, I think this would be a great season to break into the play-offs. A lot of inconsistent teams.

Fact is until there is someone either very good in high office operating independent of the manager or someone with BRFC and it's best interests first and foremost in their hearts nothing will ever change.

All far to cosy again in house now at Ewood and open to misleading decisions but the Vs will only operate that way. 

17 hours ago, JHRover said:

Which do you think is more likely.

1) Venkys mysteriously and suddenly decide, after nearly 9 years of operating the club without one, that there is an immediate need to appoint a CEO. To this end they go off and employ an agency to headhunt someone to fill the roles and then after a lengthy process whittle it down to one bloke who was unemployed having had brief stints at other crisis clubs Charlton and Coventry. After lining him up by amazing coincidence he knows the manager well from recently working with him at Coventry.

2) Mowbray tells Venkys they need to appoint a CEO because the shell of a club they have created is struggling to function with Cheston out of his depth and Pasha doing nothing useful. He's well in with them. They ask him for suggestions because they couldn't pick their own noses let alone a CEO of a football club and so Mowbray puts forward his mate who he gets on with who needs a new job. Hello Waggott.

Option 1 or Option 2?

As I've said before I suppose it is progress of sorts that Mowbray has the clout to persuade them to do it and we are surely better off with Waggott than nobody as before. Arguably Mowbray has more idea than anyone else around when it comes to appointing high level staff.

Still doesn't detract from the reality - that Mowbray was involved in appointing his own boss

Yes JHR and it reminds me of the pantomime when Pashas job was “ advertised “.

we are living in an ewood world with lots of smoke and many mirrors with regular infusions of lies and deceit.

By the way that Mowbray  flag makes me want to vom . Any normal guy would be embarrassed by it .

Edited by TBTF
  • Like 1

For all those saying we won't get better there's an article on BBC football (I can't copy the link) saying Warnock is tempted by one last job to get over the 1500 league games milestone. 

But of course there's no one better out there than TM. 

As for where the goals will come from, funny TM isn't talking about Gally and Bereton. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This comment makes me just think "eugh".

“We’ll keep rolling and see if we can get the right balance. We’re in there with all the other 14, 15 or 16 teams that believe they can get into the play-offs if they can put a run together.”

Even when he does find the right balance, he won't stick with it

The worst thing is, I think this would be a great season to break into the play-offs. A lot of inconsistent teams.

This. He always goes back to his "Footballing Philosophy" of being a possession based, passing team. Even if we win 4 on the bounce playing more direct and on the counter

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51100089

Probably been mentioned but Warnock wants one last challenge.

As much as I’d love it if we did hire him, I simply can’t see it, after the hash we made of it last time when we ultimately appointed Coyle.

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

As much as I’d love it if we did hire him, I simply can’t see it, after the hash we made of it last time when we ultimately appointed Coyle.

Yer he won't be coming here. There have been a few times where people have claimed he has retired when discussing a Mowbray replacement. Just putting the link up as he clearly wants to manage again and would be an upgrade on Mowbray.

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray recommended Waggott.

you know for sure? just another guess? 

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Have the various CEOs actually had the powers and authority that would normally be associated with that position ? The impression I get is that these people are really just administrators.

I would guess very few CEO in Football now have permission to sack the manager without authorisation from the owner of the club

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would guess very few CEO in Football now have permission to sack the manager without authorisation from the owner of the club

If I was the CEO I would expect to hold the power to hire and fire. I should think the opposite of what you say is true Chaddy. That's partly why they are employed - to be the owner's guardian of the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

you know for sure? just another guess? 

It's an educated guess. Just like you are guessing with your assumption but if you join the dots my guess holds more water than yours.

I don't for one second think you will see if the same way as me though.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

If I was the CEO I would expect to hold the power to hire and fire. I should think the opposite of what you say is true Chaddy. That's partly why they are employed - to be the owner's guardian of the club.

If I was owner of any football club it would be my decision to whether hire or fire the manager. 

I watched the class of 92 series on Sky Sports and the decisions on the manager choice/future was with the owners and the sporting director of Salford City club. Then I have watched the Sunderland TV Documentary series where it was Sunderland CEO Martin Bain choice on the manager hiring and firing. 

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's an educated guess. Just like you are guessing with your assumption but if you join the dots my guess holds more water than yours.

I don't for one second think you will see if the same way as me though.

Fair enough. I have used both Mowbray and Waggott comments on the situation for my viewpoint 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If I was owner of any football club it would be my decision to whether hire or fire the manager. 

I watched the class of 92 series on Sky Sports and the decisions on the manager choice/future was with the owners and the sporting director of Salford City club. Then I have watched the Sunderland TV Documentary series where it was Sunderland CEO Martin Bain choice on the manager hiring and firing. 

Fair enough. I have used both Mowbray and Waggott comments on the situation for my viewpoint 

You would be the dream owner for a manager - as you would never fire them.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no I wouldnt

Exactly my point. 

Your manager has just shoveled 12 million of your money into a hole you will never get it back from. Your club is now on the cusp of FFP difficulties - yet you would still not fire him. You have more money than sense Chaddy.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Your manager has just shoveled 12 million of your money into a hole you will never get it back from. Your club is now on the cusp of FFP difficulties - yet you would still not fire him. You have more money than sense Chaddy.

well it would be my money funding the club. :D