BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Jesus Christ, talk about setting a man up to fail....

We all know Chaddy wouldn’t fire Mowbray and he’s explained why he wouldn’t a billion times. For once can the mob leave him out of it ?

"the mob"  LOL!!

8 hours ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51100089

Probably been mentioned but Warnock wants one last challenge.

He's basically said he wants a bit of something to do until his house in Cornwall is ready ?

Sorry but fuck that, not interested in us being a little gap filler for someone to take them through till retirement. 

Said it a dozen times but the best hope is to rumble on this season. Finish similar to last then just hope he realises he's taken us as far as he can and decides to remove himself from what will eventually be a shit storm next season if things start badly.

Mutual consent, shake hands and thanks for the hard work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

"the mob"  LOL!!

What else do you call the same handful of people who ask him the same question topic after topic? 

no he wouldn’t sack Mowbray, yes he trusts Mowbray in the transfer window, no he doesn’t think there’s a better manager out there for us. 

We’ve all read it before and it’s getting annoying seeing the same questions posed to him to get the same answers back all the time. Clearly you will have to agree to disagree. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What else do you call the same handful of people who ask him the same question topic after topic? 

no he wouldn’t sack Mowbray, yes he trusts Mowbray in the transfer window, no he doesn’t think there’s a better manager out there for us. 

We’ve all read it before and it’s getting annoying seeing the same questions posed to him to get the same answers back all the time. Clearly you will have to agree to disagree. 

The "answers" are usually evasive, repetitive, deflecting and largely irrelevant, hence people ask him the same questions because they never got an answer in the first place!

However, no-one is compelling you to read anything, so just calmly scroll down and you'll be free of annoyance.   Easy eh?    :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

sadly not. 

I would be very thoughtful and careful as owner. 

Do you think Jack Walker would sack him?

Or John Williams under the trust?

Me personally, I'd lock the big gates and release the hounds on him.

10 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Don't think ive ever asked him that question before to be fair. 

September -

Tony Mowbray outlined 70 points as the minimum target for Rovers as he aims to raise expectation levels at Ewood Park.

What happens if you miss your ‘minimum target’?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17930673.where-aiming-year--mowbray-outlines-rovers-target/

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nothing wrong with setting high targets, it just seems a bit defeatist to be lowering them already. Unless of course he just means get passed 60 asap and see where that leaves us, which he may have going off the comments. 

You're giving him credit for thinking about what he says in the media. The only thing keeping me slightly interested in Rovers is the hope that he doesn't think through what he says to the media, otherwise we really are fucked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You're giving him credit for thinking about what he says in the media. The only thing keeping me slightly interested in Rovers is the hope that he doesn't think through what he says to the media, otherwise we really are fucked. 

I'm not really. It's just, going off the comments, that's what he could have meant. There is enough to actually criticize without looking for things everywhere,as some are. 

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

September -

Tony Mowbray outlined 70 points as the minimum target for Rovers as he aims to raise expectation levels at Ewood Park.

What happens if you miss your ‘minimum target’?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17930673.where-aiming-year--mowbray-outlines-rovers-target/

Blame the Dack injury & FFP, and move onto next season like nothing happened.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

"We now need to focus our attentions to Hillsborough next week and see if we can keep the points tally ticking along and surpass last year’s tally of 60 points with the 19 games we have left.”

Steve Waggot : "FFS Tony you forgot to mention the play off push, Lyndsey order another flag"

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

Must be good employing your own boss, telling your bosses what your target for the season is, adjusting that target when it becomes unlikely to be reached, meanwhile they underwrite another £18 million of losses before it starts again with a trip to Pune in May when they can be bothered to discuss things.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Must be good employing your own boss, telling your bosses what your target for the season is, adjusting that target when it becomes unlikely to be reached, meanwhile they underwrite another £18 million of losses before it starts again with a trip to Pune in May when they can be bothered to discuss things.

I don't think it's that straight forward. Can't imagine the Brereton situation has gone down well. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Well Madame;  Bradley was playing well and was going to shoot us to the play offs then he was going to West Bromwich for 12 million of our English pounds. My agent friends had it sorted.

That would pay off our overdraft and in turn cover what we've spewed, sorry spent on Brereton, Armstrong and Gallagher, your 'investments'.

They'll all sit and nod at Mr Tony's hard luck story.  Would be nice if just one of them asked why did you hinge all this on one footballer !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think it's that straight forward. Can't imagine the Brereton situation has gone down well. 

I cant imagine being dragged out of the Premier League by Kean and his cronies will have gone well either but they sat back and let it happen.

I doubt they've even heard of Ben Brereton.

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I cant imagine being dragged out of the Premier League by Kean and his cronies will have gone well either but they sat back and let it happen.

I doubt they've even heard of Ben Brereton.

Maybe not by name,but I bet they know they spent £6 million on someone who contributes nothing. 

Tony out at the end of March (sooner if a good prospect comes along) please, give the new person a run of games with Tony's squad.

I like the guy, loyal to a fault but he is clearly a middling championship manager, looking out for his puppets with a more miss than hit track record when it comes to spending cash. I suspect staff members who we are already paying such as Damien Johnson or Charlie Mulgrew are capable of achieving mid-table in the championship, so we might as well roll the dice in the hope of better stuff. 

Thanks for bringing stability and normalcy back to club Tony, enjoy the package. Next.

8 minutes ago, OscarRaven said:

Tony out at the end of March (sooner if a good prospect comes along) please, give the new person a run of games with Tony's squad.

I like the guy, loyal to a fault but he is clearly a middling championship manager, looking out for his puppets with a more miss than hit track record when it comes to spending cash. I suspect staff members who we are already paying such as Damien Johnson or Charlie Mulgrew are capable of achieving mid-table in the championship, so we might as well roll the dice in the hope of better stuff. 

Thanks for bringing stability and normalcy back to club Tony, enjoy the package. Next.

Mulgrew?