BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

23 hours ago, tomphil said:

Said it a dozen times but the best hope is to rumble on this season. Finish similar to last then just hope he realises he's taken us as far as he can and decides to remove himself from what will eventually be a shit storm next season if things start badly.

Mutual consent, shake hands and thanks for the hard work.

This. Our only hope! 

• Like 1

Said it a dozen times but the best hope is to rumble on this season. Finish similar to last then just hope he realises he's taken us as far as he can and decides to remove himself from what will eventually be a shit storm next season if things start badly.

Mutual consent, shake hands and thanks for the hard work.

the best outcome for all concerned imo,thanks for the promotion tony,i wish you well,a nice bloke

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

"We now need to focus our attentions to Hillsborough next week and see if we can keep the points tally ticking along and surpass last year’s tally of 60 points with the 19 games we have left.”

So now we're just trying to beat last year's points tally? That'll get the juices flowing amongst the fans Tony you boring old twat. Can't stand the guy now, not healthy. 

61 points or bust. I think even the thickies in India might notice regression on a line graph.

Or perhaps Tony T will deceive them further by using those dodgy VAR lines.

• Like 1

If we do not improve our team in this window then Tony has to be held accountable and go. If the Venkys aren't going to give him anymore money then that is purely because of his awful track record in spending it.

We could have 2 quality attacking midfielders for around £5m. That type of money is nothing to the Venkys, and nothing to a team looking to win promotion to the top flight.

Tony has 2 weeks to save this club from free fall. If we don't sign players to come straight in to the starting 11 then I predict relegation next season. 

12 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

If we do not improve our team in this window then Tony has to be held accountable and go. If the Venkys aren't going to give him anymore money then that is purely because of his awful track record in spending it.

We could have 2 quality attacking midfielders for around £5m. That type of money is nothing to the Venkys, and nothing to a team looking to win promotion to the top flight.

Tony has 2 weeks to save this club from free fall. If we don't sign players to come straight in to the starting 11 then I predict relegation next season. 

Too late for all that now that is precisely the kind of approach to spending that should have been going on in the previous few windows.

He's blown the money, wasted it, pissed it down the drain, its gone.  He now though has a raft of excuses, some legit obviously to add to his increasingly contradictory waffle. Ironically that along with nearing FFP and still willingly clueless owners and agent influence will still see him here this time next year operating the same way.  

Possibly being hailed a hero for keeping us up after a fire sale whilst all the blame goes India's way again.  Ironic.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Too late for all that now that is precisely the kind of approach to spending that should have been going on in the previous few windows.

He's blown the money, wasted it, pissed it down the drain, its gone.  He now though has a raft of excuses, some legit obviously to add to his increasingly contradictory waffle. Ironically that along with nearing FFP and still willingly clueless owners and agent influence will still see him here this time next year operating the same way.  

Possibly being hailed a hero for keeping us up after a fire sale whilst all the blame goes India's way again.  Ironic.

Could have bought a completely new spine to the team for the 12M.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Exactly. He is to blame not the Venkys. He signed the players, he coaches the players, he picks the team. 

If Gallagher and Brereton were banging them in and we were sat in 7th place I'm dam sure he would be given license to spend in this window. 

He and he alone is at fault! 

2 weeks Tony, that's what you've got to sort this mess out, or start walking and let somebody else have a go at inspiring us fans. Because at present Chlamydia is more appealing than watching and listening to your drivel! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Exactly. He is to blame not the Venkys. He signed the players, he coaches the players, he picks the team. 

If Gallagher and Brereton were banging them in and we were sat in 7th place I'm dam sure he would be given license to spend in this window. 

2 weeks Tony, that's what you've got to sort this mess out, or start walking and let somebody else have a go at inspiring us fans. Because at present Chlamydia is more appealing than watching and listening to your drivel! 

Mark Venus and Damien Johnson coach the players - do they start walking as well ?

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

You can't ever absolve Venkys from blame. The only reason we have an outdated manager like Mowbray is because of Venkys. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Venus can, because he's done nowt to improve anyone here! 

DJ stays and takes over for the season.

How do you know this? Many players have improved since Mowbray arrived, contrary to what some now claim. 

Enough genuine problems without manufacturing more out of thin air! 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You can't ever absolve Venkys from blame. The only reason we have an outdated manager like Mowbray is because of Venkys. 

I am by no means absolving Venkys from blame completely, however, like I said if we were sat in 7th with Gallagher and Brereton on 8 goals each this season I am 99% sure they would fund Tony to bring in a Curtis and a Maddison. Because Tony has blown a fortune on the chuckle brothers I assume they dare not risk giving him another large sum to go shopping with.

4 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Because Tony has blown a fortune on the chuckle brothers I assume they dare not risk giving him another large sum to go shopping with.

In that case, one would absolutely expect them to sack him. 

If your theory is correct, his continued employment is surely untenable.

4 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I am by no means absolving Venkys from blame completely, however, like I said if we were sat in 7th with Gallagher and Brereton on 8 goals each this season I am 99% sure they would fund Tony to bring in a Curtis and a Maddison. Because Tony has blown a fortune on the chuckle brothers I assume they dare not risk giving him another large sum to go shopping with.

I do hope you're right as that would mean they give enough of a fuck to realise our current plight. Unfortunately history tells us that that is highly unlikely and they just want to keep the lights on and have a manager that will fly to India three times a year. 

On 13/01/2020 at 12:50, JHRover said:

I don't have a problem with it as such, as I don't think it is doing any harm, but I do wonder what the motive is behind it. 

I think it is unprecedented to see a club fund and manufacture a large flag of the manager. It is incomparible to those of Shankly at Liverpool and Ferguson at United where those flags were funded by fans as a tribute to legendary managers. Here the flag has nothing to do with fans.

I assume that Waggott will have pushed this and authorised the expenditure. I think the big flags are a good idea but find it odd that we would decide to put the current manager on there. Perhaps if we were fresh off an unbelievable promotion but 18 months after getting us back out of League One I'm not sure is enough to justify such a tribute.

As others have said I suspect there's more at play here. Waggott has said before that we are 'lucky' to have Mowbray and need to work hard to keep him here (or words to that effect) and I cant help but think there is a clear effort here to build up Mowbray's popularity and send an image back to those watching in India. 

It becomes unhealthy. It certainly isn't conventional.

There are plenty of problems with it. Putting a man whose motto appears to be “think small, think slow” given equal billing with Jack, for one.

But the main thing I see it as is two fingers at the fans given that it will have been ordered when Mowbray was coming under significant pressure again due to a run of poor results.

Even Kean didn’t dare get a flag of himself made and that’s saying something. Or presumably he just didn’t think of it.

What happens when Mowbray leaves? Throw it away? There are a significant number of former managers far more deserving of a flag that the current incumbent.

That said, this fella could lose 20 games in a row and wouldn’t be sacked so why not a flag. :rolleyes:

And some think other managers wouldn’t want the gig here... it’s the best job in football!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

But he is doing the coaching - so why does he get away with it ?

Firstly we have an hierarchical management structure and the buck stops at the top not unusual or making an example of Mowbray. Venus is part of team Mowbray they came has a job lot and has is the normal practice leave has one. If Mowbray has been successfully head hunted he would take Venus and not Johnson. Johnson is part of team rovers and has been there a matter of months. So has you say that’s why he gets away with it.

• Like 1