BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Those last 3 all had the same agent.

The same one as Steve Kean. Just saying like.

It never really went away that's why i really fear at some point another set of big sales, on advice of course. 

• Like 4

In a normal club TM would have been sacked by now with all the backing he’s had !! 
He handed out contracts to deadwood who all turned out not even fit for a bonfire night and who snookered him in the end .....

Venkys are too loyal to him and that’s the problem as he’s hoodwinked the lot of them .... 

Reminds me so much of the Kean time with all his pals in the right places ... 

His style of football is just boring like his personality.... 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, unleaded said:

In a normal club TM would have been sacked by now with all the backing he’s had !! 
He handed out contracts to deadwood who all turned out not even fit for a bonfire night and who snookered him in the end .....

Venkys are too loyal to him and that’s the problem as he’s hoodwinked the lot of them .... 

Absolutely spot on.

I find it incredible that there are still people about who think he's doing a good job, although I'd say a few I've spoken to recently seem to have changed from being staunch supporters of his to being completely unsure about him so maybe the mood of the fans is shifting somewhat, albeit slowly.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SoldierMo said:

I feel TM will walk end of season...no talk about future windows...and seems to have lost his mojo...he knows the end is near and cannot take us any further..

Don’t see it, otherwise he would want one last hurrah at promotion whereas he seems to lack urgency which suggests the long game 

13 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely spot on.

I find it incredible that there are still people about who think he's doing a good job, although I'd say a few I've spoken to recently seem to have changed from being staunch supporters of his to being completely unsure about him so maybe the mood of the fans is shifting somewhat, albeit slowly.

Around Barnsley at home, maybe, but since then I don’t get that impression at all, in fact I can’t remember a manager as staunchly backed in ‘real life’ as this mon.

Possibly Hughes c2007 (remember that?We were top 6 in the PL and gallivanting around Europe and cup semi after cup semi).

8 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

I feel TM will walk end of season...no talk about future windows...and seems to have lost his mojo...he knows the end is near and cannot take us any further..

Still about 2 years on his contract though. Think he's just clammed up about windows because for the second year in succession they've done nothing in this one.

He knows he's spent up and summer might be a difficult one as well.

17 hours ago, unleaded said:

I cannot believe anyone would mention Kean in the same breath as TM without being on a wind up. He's got his flaws and he's taken us as far as he can but to compare him to that utter scum bag is ridiculous. You've clearly forgotten how disgusting Kean was and how wrapped up in the dismantling of this club he was along with that orange, tub of lard agent. Those two are top of the list when it comes to blaming people for our current plight whereas TM is just an average manager, that's all. 

Edited by CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber
  • Like 9

17 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t see it, otherwise he would want one last hurrah at promotion whereas he seems to lack urgency which suggests the long game 

I don't see it either.  The only time I see urgency is when we are about seven games in to a winless run and are at home. It coincides with the bit of fan unrest.  Not many will agree but I think it is productive to get on the manager's case a little bit from time to time. Apathy helps nobody.

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I cannot believe anyone would mention Kean in the same breath as TM without being on a wind up. He's got his flaws and he's taken us as far as he can but to compare him to that utter scum bag is ridiculous. You've clearly forgotten how disgusting Kean was and how wrapped up in the dismantling of this club he was along with that orange, tub of lard agent. Those two are top of the list when it comes to blaming people for our current plight whereas TM is just an average manager, that's all. 

Mowbray and Bowyer are very similar but Bowyer was much more honest.  He was self-critical, which I don't see as a negative. Kean was just awful. Under-qualified and unlikable.

• Like 6

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Mowbray and Bowyer are very similar but Bowyer was much more honest.  He was self-critical, which I don't see as a negative. Kean was just awful. Under-qualified and unlikable.

Agreed, I think Bowyer was far more humble than TM, who seems to have a bit of a Messiah-complex going on at times - saying nobody has any right to question him recently, for example. Bowyer was out of his depth but I never remember him being that condescending. 

There's no comparison between Mowbray and the likes of Kean/Coyle. Totally different scenarios. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, DE. said:

Agreed, I think Bowyer was far more humble than TM, who seems to have a bit of a Messiah-complex going on at times - saying nobody has any right to question him recently, for example. Bowyer was out of his depth but I never remember him being that condescending. 

There's no comparison between Mowbray and the likes of Kean/Coyle. Totally different scenarios. 

Kean, Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle, Mowbray.

Different characters but all share the same agent.... how is that ?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Around Barnsley at home, maybe, but since then I don’t get that impression at all, in fact I can’t remember a manager as staunchly backed in ‘real life’ as this mon.

Possibly Hughes c2007 (remember that?We were top 6 in the PL and gallivanting around Europe and cup semi after cup semi).

Au contraire, I can only ever recall Ewood turning on managers who had us nailed on for relegation: Quigley, Iley, Kidd, Ince, Kean, Coyle. Maybe Saxton as well when we were footling around the bottom 3.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

10 minutes ago, briansol said:

Last 14 matches form table with the worst manager in the league..... 

We can find 13 games last season where we were bottom.

Mowbray goes on winning streaks and losing streaks and we end up midtable. That’s the problem.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2020 at 16:01, unleaded said:

I don't really see that as being true he's taken a club who went down to league 1 got them promoted and never really been involved in the relegation scrap.

That being said he has made some very poor signings at times but tbf hes built a squad that is competitive in the championship. Atm I dont want him sacked.

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We can find 13 games last season where we were bottom.

Mowbray goes on winning streaks and losing streaks and we end up midtable. That’s the problem.

Not gonna disagree with that. Consistency is lacking. There is an improvement from last season in results but we're still on track to finish 8-11 on current point haul. 

Pretty certain that we won't challenge for play-offs, my hope is that we can promote the likes of Rankin-Costello, Davenport etc to build a great core of young players for next season. 

Whether it's Mowbray or not next season, I'm really not that bothered.