BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Paul Mani, the point I'm trying to make is that promotion to the Premier league is never a slow and steady procession at the discretion of the manager.

Someone unexpected usually comes from nowhere. You have to go all-out for it and take your chance when it comes.

In any case you seem to be arguing that we have improved since Coyle left! That's no yardstick at all, Coyle is a fraud of a manager. Useless.

Our better young players are not going to hang around for the best years of their career on relatively low wages hoping Tony 's going to do it at last!

An offer that doubles or trebles their wages will be made at some point and most likely accepted. The money Rovers receive will be at the whim of the owners, Bowyer didn't receive it to rebuild his squad did he? TM hasn't made the most of what he's been given has he?

We are on a good run right now and we all pray for it to continue and give us a real shot at promotion. 

But is TM the man to take us forward if we unexpectedly got there? IMO he is not.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Great result today, pretty poor after match interview, basically saying don’t get excited we have injury concerns so we probably won’t make it 

Taking the pressure off the players. Best thing for the players. 

I like his post match interview on radio Lancs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Great result today, pretty poor after match interview, basically saying don’t get excited we have injury concerns so we probably won’t make it 

Standard comment from Klopp to Mowbray that.

When he was saying bare with him he’s changing our style of play, which is now working hence our league position and form (I know you don’t like form tables) no one listened to him.

He really is doing a great job for us, and I’m glad to fans at the games agree and sing his name.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Paul Mani, the point I'm trying to make is that promotion to the Premier league is never a slow and steady procession at the discretion of the manager.

Someone unexpected usually comes from nowhere. You have to go all-out for it and take your chance when it comes.

In any case you seem to be arguing that we have improved since Coyle left! That's no yardstick at all, Coyle is a fraud of a manager. Useless.

Our better young players are not going to hang around for the best years of their career on relatively low wages hoping Tony 's going to do it at last!

An offer that doubles or trebles their wages will be made at some point and most likely accepted. The money Rovers receive will be at the whim of the owners, Bowyer didn't receive it to rebuild his squad did he? TM hasn't made the most of what he's been given has he?

We are on a good run right now and we all pray for it to continue and give us a real shot at promotion. 

But is TM the man to take us forward if we unexpectedly got there? IMO he is not.

Fair enough. We shall see my man. I’ll not lie, I had massive doubts about TM. And I still have. BUT...

You just never know!

He’s a good guy, and sometimes the good guys get what they deserve.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Something I will say about us is, Fulham lose 3-0 at home, Sheff Wed 5-0, Forest 4-0, we don’t look like a side that will happen to us.

We did when Ell and Del were in the back 4...Mowbray has reluctantly picked the right defence and he should have done it months ago. We could be top 2 by now. Mowbray out!

45 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Fair enough. We shall see my man. I’ll not lie, I had massive doubts about TM. And I still have. BUT...

You just never know!

He’s a good guy, and sometimes the good guys get what they deserve.

Look, I agree with all of that! He is a good guy and I would love it all to work out.

Makes me sick when I read references to "haters" on here.

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We did when Ell and Del were in the back 4...Mowbray has reluctantly picked the right defence and he should have done it months ago. We could be top 2 by now. Mowbray out!

I agree with that too! But no owners would dump him now, As Bob says we have to see where this goes.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Reluctant? Williams played due to injuries.  Elliott i agree should never of been right back.

Admire your ambition, but realistically where Mowbray took us from league one to feel hard we should be top 2 other Leeds and WBA is off the mark.

Whats with this anti Mowbray agenda? Clearly building a good side that’s playing well with limited resources. Unless there’s some amazing manager out there you know that’s gonna take over this team and get us over the line then I think you should abort Mowbray out and get behind our club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wood26 said:

Standard comment from Klopp to Mowbray that.

When he was saying bare with him he’s changing our style of play, which is now working hence our league position and form (I know you don’t like form tables) no one listened to him.

He really is doing a great job for us, and I’m glad to fans at the games agree and sing his name.

Let’s not get too carried away mate, we failed against Fulham , got past a very weak hull team but today was a good result. I found his interview very unambitious however, almost as if he doesn’t want promotion hmm

36 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Let’s not get too carried away mate, we failed against Fulham , got past a very weak hull team but today was a good result. I found his interview very unambitious however, almost as if he doesn’t want promotion hmm

I rarely listen to him as it’s same old lines usually, never expect anything of value from a post match or pre match interview.

Yes Hull were crap, but we put them away 3-0, just think Swansea let them score 4 times Friday! 4 times! Didn’t watch it, but that’s abysmal 

The question for me.  Are we doing better BECAUSE of injuries? TM being forced to play players he may not have done normally - in more natural positions and it seems to be working.  Every credit for it but I'm on the fence whether it's luck or good judgement.

Long may it continue mind!

Next weekend is a biggie.  We need a result against a team at the top.  Get a win with 2 home games to follow -  could get us right in the mix.  Millwall no doubt thouht the same yesterday.

Lose and the 6 point gap is back.  

Reckon we'll finish around tenth personally. 

• Moderation Lead

Morning all, whilst we should be basking in the glow of an amazing away win, some are still more concerned with scoring points, instead of celebrating the three that we won yesterday?

Please can we stop? The extra admin is annoying, especially first thing on a Sunday morning.

Thanks.

Edited by K-Hod

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Make no mistake, Brentford will be tough. A massive +27 GD, best defence (Jansson and Raya big reason for this) and second best attack in the league. 

What a statement it would be if we were to beat them.

Captain flappy will probably gift us a goal tbh, Tony knows his weaknesses all too well and should look to exploit them. #teamwalton

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

It’s a post match interview, why on earth are you taking comments so literally? All managers down play wins to avoid bringing pressure on themselves. 

Just give credit where it’s due. He’s done well over the last 4/5 weeks. Failure against Fulham isn’t something to beat him with.

• Like 1